Buying a bed online. Have you?

SeaSpray

Disney World fan since 1976
It’s probably going to be a long time, if ever, before anyone is going to want to try out beds by laying down on them. I know that I don’t.

My husband and I have been looking at beds online. We bought our last bed at Macy’s, in person. So we started there.

Have you ever purchased a bed online? Macy’s has a Memorial Day sale going on right now.

There are so many new features on some of these beds; “layers”, gel layer, foam layer, etc.

We’re leaning towards Beautyrest or Sealy Posturepedic.

What bed do you have? Do you love it? Please tell me about it.:surfweb:

I'm a Tempurpedic fan. I bought my first one online about 20 years ago...I think. I just purchased another one (my third) this year. It's difficult to sleep comfortably on anything else.

I've been wondering about this as I'm about to be in the market for a new mattress. Not sure how I'm going to go about buying one these days.

I sell mattresses in a mattress store. I can tell you most of them are way cleaner and a safer shopping experience than going to the grocery store. our company is operating on an appt only system.

As far as buying online just make sure you read the fine print for exchanges... and then also give your new mattress at least 2 months before swapping it out if you dont like it.

We got ourselves a Purple mattress and have 0 regrets, works out super well for us. Got it online.

edit: most online "startup" type mattresses online have at least a month of time you can try it out before returning for free, if that eases your choice a bit.

My aunt ordered one online and she got me to help her move it inside. I thought it was neat the way it’s delivered all rolled up. I was worried it would explode as soon as I cut the plastic wrap that had it tightly bound, it just slowly grew into a mattress.

What do they do with the mattresses that were returned? Do they repackage and sell to the next person? I'm looking to buy a mattress online as well. Just worry I may end up with a used mattress.

We got ourselves a Purple mattress and have 0 regrets, works out super well for us. Got it online.

edit: most online "startup" type mattresses online have at least a month of time you can try it out before returning for free, if that eases your choice a bit.
The Purple mattress commercials have me intrigued. Tell me more about your mattress!

The Purple mattress commercials have me intrigued. Tell me more about your mattress!
Their website probably has more information than I can provide! For us, we both had heard great things about them for a while, and both like somewhat firm mattresses, which we had heard it was. We didn't need to go through the return process, so I dont wanna give you wrong info on how that works!

We got the lowest end model, and find it works well, and was pretty cheap compared to other mattresses. We've heard good things about them lasting a while too, and haven't had any issues with it in the long term (sagging), haven't needed to rotate it either. Got it about 3 years ago.

Hope that helps!

Their website probably has more information than I can provide! For us, we both had heard great things about them for a while, and both like somewhat firm mattresses, which we had heard it was. We didn't need to go through the return process, so I dont wanna give you wrong info on how that works!

We got the lowest end model, and find it works well, and was pretty cheap compared to other mattresses. We've heard good things about them lasting a while too, and haven't had any issues with it in the long term (sagging), haven't needed to rotate it either. Got it about 3 years ago.

Hope that helps!
Thanks!

What do they do with the mattresses that were returned? Do they repackage and sell to the next person? I'm looking to buy a mattress online as well. Just worry I may end up with a used mattress.
I know that with the company I work for, we clean and sanitize the returned mattresses and resell them CLEARLY LABELED as a preowned mattress. And there is a cleaning tag on the law tag. But some people don’t like that concept and buy new. A lot of mail order companies may have you donate it locally (which is tough at the moment)

Purple mattresses are weird wild and wacky. But once you get used to them, they are quite lovely. Firmer on your back, instantly soft on your side. There are a lot of retailers that carry them in store for you to try. I’ll say this.... you have to lay on the, for a bit to fully understand the tech of them. They are also cooler than your average mattresses because of the open grid. I don’t reccomend their sheets though... or more specifically their top sheet. It’s very stretchy and can really wrap around your leg tightly, at least that is the feedback I’ve gotten from a couple of customers

Regardless of how or where you buy make sure you check the law tag and make sure it matches the receipt. Fill out the warranty card, make sure the foundation you choice is sufficient for the warranty. And of course check 360 to make sure it’s in perfect condition upon arrival. If mailed, if the box is dinged up, REFUSE IT. Don’t accept it to see if it might be ok, just refuse it. It’s way less of a hassle than trying to make a claim/exchange.

We bought a Purple two and a half years ago and I can't imagine ever buying anything else. It's maintained its integrity with zero breakdown or change in feel. It's firm and soft all at the same time.

I was so nervous to buy it online, we researched for months before I finally agreed to go for it. One of the best risks I've ever taken!

Yes we recently bought a new mattress from Wayfair since I couldn't stand our cheap 6 inch mattress firmer than a rock anymore. I love it, my sleep has greatly improved. I would just suggest seeing if the online mattress has a trial period and if they require you to pay to ship it back in case you don't like it. Good luck!

On April 20 we bought one of the Disney Pillow Top by Beautyrest Hospitality. We loved how good we slept at French Quarter and our old SleepNumber had served us well for 15 years but it was over due for an upgrade. The mattress was delivered on May 14. So it's still early to give a long term review, but so far in the week we've had it I'm sleeping amazing. We also picked up pillows from Cast Member Linnen - and those are way better for me then our My Pillow ones.

So far I couldn't be happier, we'd committed to buying the mattress before I knew it went on sale so we saved right about 50% - the king is down to $999.

After a couple of fails (including a Casper, btw), we ended up with Bed in a Box and it's great. We've had it for nearly 7 years and it's still really comfortable. Where I live, used mattresses cannot be resold. They're donated.

Thank you for all of the responses, I appreciate it! :surfweb:

After reading through the posts here, and calling some of my relatives whose homes I’ve visited and loved their beds, and doing more online research, we had it narrowed down to a Beautyrest.

Then I saw Steve H’s comment about the Disney bed from Beautyrest. I called them and the customer service rep was great. She answered all of our questions.

We ordered the Disney Pillow Top by Beautyrest, in king size which is the same size that we have right now. Comparing all of the features in the Disney beds to the other Beautyrest mattresses on Macy’s and other web sites, I feel that we got a great deal at $999 + tax💰:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter