Buy DVC direct from Disney in person vs over the phone?

MarcThomas16

Earning My Ears
I'm planning to purchase 100 (or 75 if Disney allows this) points in CCV this year direct from Disney (to be eligible for the perks). I am not a current DVC member, and I had some questions:

* Are there any benefits to me buying a minimum purchase like this as part of the guided DVC tour? Does Disney offer anything like the cost of your current resort stay to be applied to your initial purchase? I am guessing not based on the current marketplace, but I've heard whispers of such perks in the past.

* Will Disney allow me to buy just 75 points or do I need to buy 100 as a new member?

* Since I know what I want to buy, would it just be less of a hassle for me to make the purchase now before my trip this summer? Or are there sometimes benefits to sitting through the presentation?

thank you!

Best bet, if possible is to use your “first welcome home” reservation for the upcoming trip. Disney can pull inventory together to make your stay.

If you are definitely going to purchase anyway, there is no tour incentive, etc that will overcome saving the hotel portion of your trip.

We just added points recently after booking a cash stay at Aulani. It cost just a bit more for the extra points vs paying for the One trip.

Are there any benefits to me buying a minimum purchase like this as part of the guided DVC tour?
FastPasses and ice cream.

Does Disney offer anything like the cost of your current resort stay to be applied to your initial purchase?
Ha, no. Not for about 15 years, really.

Will Disney allow me to buy just 75 points or do I need to buy 100 as a new member?
Official minimum for a master contract at CCV is 100. They have been known to allow less, but letter of the rules is 100.

One thing that may be a factor is where you live. Disney can't always sell directly to some people depending on state/province.

My experience was as follows.

We have wanted to buy into DVC for 20 years. Christmas break 2017, we decided, the time was now. It all finally was a good financial deal for our family. I called Saturday December 30th. Asked for sales. Said I am ready to buy. My last preview visit was 4 years ago or so, no "sales person" was attached to me.

the lady who got me off hold, was nice. She started to go into her "sales script". I stopped her and said no need, i am ready to by now. I told her how many points, she told me the total cost after the current incentive. Said asked how I wanted to do a down payment, which we gave her an amex card. gave her some more info, and we were done. Took all of 5 minutes.

i got the emails the in 2 days. Welcome kit in a week. Contracts in about 2 weeks. Extremely painless process.

Thank you for all the info! This confirmed much of what I was assuming was the case these days.

I do actually like CCV, so I figure that if I am going to buy direct it might as well be there

I'm planning to purchase 100 (or 75 if Disney allows this) points in CCV this year direct from Disney (to be eligible for the perks). I am not a current DVC member, and I had some questions:

* Are there any benefits to me buying a minimum purchase like this as part of the guided DVC tour? Does Disney offer anything like the cost of your current resort stay to be applied to your initial purchase? I am guessing not based on the current marketplace, but I've heard whispers of such perks in the past.

* Will Disney allow me to buy just 75 points or do I need to buy 100 as a new member?

* Since I know what I want to buy, would it just be less of a hassle for me to make the purchase now before my trip this summer? Or are there sometimes benefits to sitting through the presentation?

thank you!

Would you want to try and use the purchase to secure a room for your summer trip? If so you could call in and only buy if they can get a room for you. Otherwise you can wait and get some ice cream and maybe some FP's. Or stop at a park Kiosk and see what they will offer you for a tour. It seems first will be FP's then they'll go up to a small gift card if you don't jump at the FP's. But if you're going to buy the best scenario is likely to buy now if they can get you a room for your vacation.

When we did our tour in February, the incentive included a $100 Disney gift card, so that was kind of nice. It was just part of the deal and wasn't a situation where just the FPs weren't enough for us so they offered it - it was offered up front. Worth checking out if you're thinking about it anyway.

Buying direct at Disney was kinda fun, IMO. (We have 3 resales, just bought 4th CCV direct in October). Got to get all paperwork done, get our welcome kit (and ice cream and refreshments, etc), and also got to take a cute welcome home pic with a (fake) CCV background that I absolutely adore lol. Doesn't hurt that our DVC appt was right after a 3 hour spa (and champagne) package right next door at SSR. They also gave us a ride to our next stop.

If you have a jam-packed park schedule planned, buy over the phone. If you have a nice afternoon off, I think it would be worth it once :)

Oh yeah, we also got offered a bunch of fastpasses that we couldn't use since it was our last day. The guide gave us his card and told us to call him on our next trip (3 mo later) and hooked us up!

I have been going back and forth on this for some time. Since We were going to WDW the day after our trip and I had rented points for a stay at CCR and it being Spring Break I wanted those darn extra FPs. On the next to last day of the cryise I attended the 4 ok general pitch a the D Zone. There was a 200 dollaron board credit drawing. As it was about to begin, I was the only person there. Easy Money, I though but as it was actually stating two others walked in and put their name in the pot. So, only a 33.3 % chance at that 200 bucks. Anyhoo, it was quick 40 minutes or so and I was drawn for the 200 buck credit. But... I had to do a one on one for the FPs and another 50 buck onboard credit. My wide and I went and spent 30 minutes with the young man and having rad this board and others I know most everything already but my wife was taking it in and basically hearing what I've told her from someone else. I was quite surprised to hear a DVC sales rep opening talk about renting enough points to pay for the fees but having enough to enjoy to type of stays we want to use them for and not just at DVC properties. (We live in Northwest Ark and she likes to stay at the Welk resort sometimes when we do Sliver Dollar City in Branson for example) Anyhoo, we got the additional 50 bucks for 250 buck in total on board credits(paid for most of our parasailing at Castaway) and was told to get the FPs oaded up by visiting the DVC desk at Wilderness.

Anyhoo, they pushed 150, buy offered to sell 75 points, we are debating between some number between those 2 figures as I only wanted to by in direct for the additional perks and supplier via secondary.

So, in summary, I got offered as low as 75 points buy in.

I have been going back and forth on this for some time. Since We were going to WDW the day after our trip and I had rented points for a stay at CCR and it being Spring Break I wanted those darn extra FPs. On the next to last day of the cryise I attended the 4 ok general pitch a the D Zone. There was a 200 dollaron board credit drawing. As it was about to begin, I was the only person there. Easy Money, I though but as it was actually stating two others walked in and put their name in the pot. So, only a 33.3 % chance at that 200 bucks. Anyhoo, it was quick 40 minutes or so and I was drawn for the 200 buck credit. But... I had to do a one on one for the FPs and another 50 buck onboard credit. My wide and I went and spent 30 minutes with the young man and having rad this board and others I know most everything already but my wife was taking it in and basically hearing what I've told her from someone else. I was quite surprised to hear a DVC sales rep opening talk about renting enough points to pay for the fees but having enough to enjoy to type of stays we want to use them for and not just at DVC properties. (We live in Northwest Ark and she likes to stay at the Welk resort sometimes when we do Sliver Dollar City in Branson for example) Anyhoo, we got the additional 50 bucks for 250 buck in total on board credits(paid for most of our parasailing at Castaway) and was told to get the FPs oaded up by visiting the DVC desk at Wilderness.

Anyhoo, they pushed 150, buy offered to sell 75 points, we are debating between some number between those 2 figures as I only wanted to by in direct for the additional perks and supplier via secondary.

So, in summary, I got offered as low as 75 points buy in.
Hopefully you aren't buying DVC to trade into something. It's not the most economical use of DVC points. Use DVC points for DVC only.

I know this is an older thread. However we just closed on our first resale contract and want to add on for direct perks. We have a trip coming up on rented points at bay lake. When we buy direct is it best to do in person? And do we have to buy 75 or can we do 25 now and 50 later? Will we be offered fp and or gift cards since we already have a member if? (If those are the promotions at the time)

I know this is an older thread. However we just closed on our first resale contract and want to add on for direct perks. We have a trip coming up on rented points at bay lake. When we buy direct is it best to do in person? And do we have to buy 75 or can we do 25 now and 50 later? Will we be offered fp and or gift cards since we already have a member if? (If those are the promotions at the time)
Members usually don't get any perks for showing up. If you make an appt to talk to someone make sure you tell them you are interested in adding to your contract, not just seeing what they have now. Otherwise, they will direct you to the member visit time.

Agreed. Members usually don’t get anythingfor adding on onsite. A cookie and lemonade. You might get a tote or backpack but they’ll send it to you if you do the add on at home. Depending on the resort you can add on in increments of 25 to get to 75 or at a couple of resorts it’s a minimum of 50 pts.

Agreed. Members usually don’t get anythingfor adding on onsite. A cookie and lemonade. You might get a tote or backpack but they’ll send it to you if you do the add on at home. Depending on the resort you can add on in increments of 25 to get to 75 or at a couple of resorts it’s a minimum of 50 pts.

You forgot the ice creaaaam.

thanks for the heads up--- i'll just buy over the phone; since there is no perk of buying on site.

Thanks

Depending on the resort you can add on in increments of 25 to get to 75 or at a couple of resorts it’s a minimum of 50 pts.

Does a 25 now and 50 later though get the Blue Membership card? If that is what they are after? Or is it only a single purchase of 75+ that gets that?

You can buy any of the DVC resort direct. See the cost, minimum buy in here:
https://dvcnews.com/index.php/dvc-program/financial/pricing-a-promotions

I know DVC sales people can be all over the place. That being said I was talking to someone who has been doing it for like 10 years and didn't seem to say anything "dumb". He had outlined that 75 points was the minimum for Boardwalk and AKV. Do you think it was just him thinking he could get an exception or was it just completely false?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter