Buy DVC direct from Disney in person vs over the phone?

Where are you buying? They have their licenses current in Nevada to sell VGC, Aulani, BLT, CCV, AKV, PVB, SSR, VGF and Riviera. They have not had the licensing current on the older resorts in years and years though.
I’m in NJ when I spoke to a sales person prior t buying resale there was no mention regarding a license issue. Guess I’ll have to call or do some research for NJ.

I’m in NJ when I spoke to a sales person prior t buying resale there was no mention regarding a license issue. Guess I’ll have to call or do some research for NJ.

In some states they've kept up on the licensing for all resorts. I'm guessing because of a much larger membership in NJ that they probably still have licensing for all resorts. Someone decided that there wasn't enough sales in Nevada to stay current for all the resorts and I'd guess there are other locations that was done too. When PVB first went on sale they didn't have their licenses in all states - including CA where they have a sales office! Years and years ago I did a small BCV add on and a small AKV add on. The BCV we directed to my husbands work address in CA and AKV was able to be under our home address in NV.

Thinking of buying 100 points resale, and adding 75 points direct in 3-4 years, rather than purchasing 175 resale now. Thoughts/Pros/Cons? The direct purchase perk of the gold pass would save us about $1200 per year in APs. DD is 2, so we have plenty of time. I know it's speculation, but do you think Disney will take the AP discounts away from direct dvc owners?

Official minimum for a master contract at CCV is 100. They have been known to allow less, but letter of the rules is 100.
I was told this by a guide recently. I told him I really wasn't interested in anything larger than 75, but I was pretty interested in Riviera.

He insisted that 100 was the minimum.

I said "okay, I will probably just shop on the resale market in that case"

A week passes.... and what do you know! He's contacting me telling me the great news that I actually can buy only 75!

I was told this by a guide recently. I told him I really wasn't interested in anything larger than 75, but I was pretty interested in Riviera.

He insisted that 100 was the minimum.

I said "okay, I will probably just shop on the resale market in that case"

A week passes.... and what do you know! He's contacting me telling me the great news that I actually can buy only 75!

"Let me talk to my manager, we'd love to have you drive this baby off the lot today!"
/used car sales

Thinking of buying 100 points resale, and adding 75 points direct in 3-4 years, rather than purchasing 175 resale now. Thoughts/Pros/Cons? The direct purchase perk of the gold pass would save us about $1200 per year in APs. DD is 2, so we have plenty of time. I know it's speculation, but do you think Disney will take the AP discounts away from direct dvc owners?
I don’t think it’s a bad plan, and in fact I kind of wish we had done just that. I know perks can change at any time, but I don’t really see them taking away AP discounts anytime soon... I think the real risk is Disney raising the minimum direct purchase to qualify for perks to 100 points or more. I think that’s more likely to happen by the time you’re looking to buy in 3-4 years.

"Let me talk to my manager, we'd love to have you drive this baby off the lot today!"
/used car sales
That’s not the way Disney works.

They will change the rules occasionally however.

I assure you, the guides and sales managers have many reason$ for wanting to make the sale. It’s the sales prevention team (legal and compliance) that pulls those chains.

At one point in history DVC salesman were not timeshare salesman.

Times have changed. DVC has changed. Disney has changed.
Some are, some aren’t.

Ultimately, if they can tell a good story, they don’t need to “sell”.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter