Buy Clarins in USA or airport?

mrsminniemouse

DIS Veteran
In the past I have bought Clinique products really cheaply at the outlets or dept stores. This trip I also need some Clarins stuff (which isn't American made like Clinique). Is it still cheaper to buy in America or should I buy it at Gatwick?

Thanks everyone,
Mandy :banana:

mrsminniemouse said:
In the past I have bought Clinique products really cheaply at the outlets or dept stores. This trip I also need some Clarins stuff (which isn't American made like Clinique). Is it still cheaper to buy in America or should I buy it at Gatwick?

Thanks everyone,

good question....i'd love to hear the answer to this one..
my daughter uses Clarins makeup.....i did look when we were in the states in the summer and couldn't find it any place that was cheaper than i can buy it at home (not the UK, but also on this side of the atlantic)...

i didn't buy it in our airport either since there wasn't much of a price difference....

but i'd love to know if there are any outlets in the states that carry it..

i suggest you carefully price everything before you get to the airport, to see if there's much of a discount at the airport...and if there is, buy some in the airport.....that is, unless someone posts here about some really great outlet where they give the stuff away.....

I know there was some clarins stuff at the cosmetics store in the premium outlet last Nov, but as I don't use it (I'm an estee girl!) I'm not sure how much of a saving it was :confused3

As Clarins is French I would buy at the airport, it is likely to be more expensive in the US . At the department stores it would be anyway.

My wife uses it.

JohnnySharp2 said:
As Clarins is French I would buy at the airport, it is likely to be more expensive in the US . At the department stores it would be anyway.

I priced Clarins in Macy;s at Mall of Millenia a couple of years ago and it was more expensive than in the UK . The sales assistant said thats becasue it is imported from France.

I have not priced it at US or UK airports.

ERICS MUM said:
I priced Clarins in Macy;s at Mall of Millenia a couple of years ago and it was more expensive than in the UK . The sales assistant said thats becasue it is imported from France.

I have not priced it at US or UK airports.

That's right, like I said earlier ;)

Thanks everyone, I will buy some at the airport.

Cannot wait to go now. Just hope the dreaded chicken pox doesn't rear its ugly head at the wrong time!

sephora are on the web and as they are in the Florida Mall check them out - that hopefully might give you an idea www.sephora.com

I know Sephora stock Clinique which is about half the price from the UK! :thumbsup2

jtlover said:
sephora are on the web and as they are in the Florida Mall check them out - that hopefully might give you an idea www.sephora.com

I know Sephora stock Clinique which is about half the price from the UK! :thumbsup2

wow...that's a great site....they have the entire clarins line with the prices listed....alas, it's about the same as what i pay here so no point to buying it there....
i don't know what you pay in the UK ---the country where i live has very high VAT and an additional luxury tax added onto cosmetics - so cosmetics are incredibly expensive....

but while it's not any cheaper for me in the States (makes sense since it's from France), those of you from the UK should compare to make sure it's not cheaper for you....

Thanks for the Sephora link. As far as I remember, the prices are the same maybe a bit higher than I have been paying here. The Clinique stuff is soooooooooo cheap though!

Thank you!
Mandy :sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!