Busch Gardens

DianeRD

Mouseketeer
May I ask questions about Busch Gardens here? I didn't know where else I could ask about it. Are there any Busch Garden experts here? I'm interested in knowing how to plan my day and where to eat.

Diane

Bush Gdns is about 90 minutes from WDW. You would do better if you ate outside the park on the main road (I think Flower or University). There are several McD's, Wendy's & BK's too. I am not crazy about the food in Bush
Gardens... :eek:

Sharon L

I second that opinion about the food in Busch Gardens. Not surprisingly it's overpriced. If you really want to eat in the park, there is a German themed cafeteria style restaurant that is pretty good, or the hospitality house has pizza and I think sandwiches. There is one sit down restaurant (I can't think of the name) that I do not suggest you go to. The food was very bland last time I ate there, and I don't think it was fresh. It tasted like hospital food!

Hope you have a great time! :)

-----------
"Shoot for the moon, even if you miss you'll land among the stars." Les Brown

The Festaus House has the best food in the park. That doesn't say much. I looked at some of the food in the park and it almost made me sick! I would suggest going across the street and hitting some of the restaurants, like KFC, IHOP, McDonald's, etc. It's probably the same walk across the street as it is to find a nice place to eat in the park.

guy.gif

Barry Hom
The moderator formerly known as Barry aka usagi
Moderator, Universal and Sea World Boards

"If you were me, you'd be good looking."

It's not that bad.

Bush is a fun place, with alot of see's and do's.

I would not loose the time to leave the park to
get a quick bite, that would be a big mistake at
any of the park's. I ate at Vivi, the chicken
fajita and it was good, in fact all that is ate at bush was good.
If you want to go out and eat reasonable and nice, wait until your are out of the parks.
In the parks eat simple and fast.
Don't waste your park time for a quick bite.
Bush is worth the time.

Thank you so much for your reply. Now do any of you have a strategy plan for the park? Which rides should we attempt first thing in the morning.

Diane

Just take your time and enjoy.
There is a lot to do and see at Bush.
The coaster's are big and fast, while some
of the other ride's are small carnival type
rides.
I would do the larger rides, see the shows and
check out the aninmals (white tigers).
You'll have a BIG time.

If you arrive for opening time, you should be able to do most of the big rides before any kind of lines build up. Look for:

Gwazi
Montu
Kumba
Python
The Scorpion

then try the water rides

Congo River Rapids
Tanganyika Tdal Wave
Stanley Falls.

With most of the rides catered for i the morning, you can use the afternoon to check out the shows (especially the Ice palace) and the animals.

The food is not a big issue, IMHO. I don't think it will win any awards, but it is decent enough, and cheaper than most of the other parks. The Crown Colony is their full-service restaurant and has some lovely views over the animal areas.

PS: Rhino Rally opens April 11 and is sure to do some big queues early on. This might be the best place to start or finish!

simon.veness@virgin.net

The following suggestions are from my book, "The Other Orlando: What To Do When You've Done Disney and Universal":

BIG GAME

For those with limited time or who just want to skim the cream of this multifaceted park, here are my selections for the trophy-winning attractions at Busch Gardens:

For coaster fans, Montu and Kumba are musts and you’ll want to ride Gwazi just to be complete. Of the water rides, Congo River Rapids is my favorite and the Tanganyika Tidal Wave is highly recommended for those who want to get totally drenched. The best theater show is World Rhythms on Ice. If you won’t be going to SeaWorld, add Dolphins of the Deep to the list.

Animal lovers will not want to miss the chimps and gorillas in Myombe Reserve or the tigers on Claw Island. Edge of Africa is another must-see animal habitat, but the Serengeti Safari Tour (for an extra charge) is the best way to get close to the animals. And finally, if you have preschoolers in tow, you will not want to miss the spectacular Land of the Dragons.

THE ONE-DAY STAY FOR RIDE FANS

1. Plan to arrive at the opening bell. As soon as the park opens, grab a map and an Entertainment Guide from the racks just inside the turnstiles and proceed directly to Montu in Egypt (keep bearing right).

2. After Montu, walk back through Morocco to Gwazi. Then, retrace your steps to Crown Colony and take the Skyride, a shortcut to the Congo. Once there, head for Kumba and then cool off with a ride on Congo River Rapids.

3. Now head south, pausing to admire the tigers on Claw Island and ride Stanley Falls and the Tanganyika Tidal Wave. By now, you will be soaking wet. It may also be close to noon. Check your Entertainment Guide. The Stanleyville Theater and the dolphin show are nearby, or you could catch the Skyride again and head back to the Moroccan Palace Theater to catch the ice skating show.

4. After lunch, you have several choices. You can hit your favorite rides again, try the lesser rides, or (my personal suggestion) visit the various zoo attractions, perhaps catching another show at some point in the afternoon. Don’t forget to check the schedule of Animal Enrichment shows.

THE ONE-DAY STAY FOR THE MORE SEDATE

1. If you are not a ride fanatic you don’t have to kill yourself to get there at the minute the park opens, although a full day at Busch Gardens, taken at a moderate pace, is a full day well-spent. For now, I’ll assume you are arriving early. Grab a park map and the Entertainment Guide and bear to the right as you stroll towards Crown Colony. En route, peruse the times for the variety shows and the Animal Enrichment sessions.

2. If you plan to take the Serengeti Safari Tour, sign up now. After a leisurely tour of Edge of Africa, and if you’re interested and the lines aren’t too long, you might want to walk to Egypt and pop into King Tut’s Tomb. Otherwise, stroll to Nairobi for a visit to Myombe Reserve and the Nairobi Nursery.

3. Now board the Trans-Veldt Railroad at the Nairobi Station for the journey around the Serengeti. Disembark in the Congo and visit the tigers at Claw Island. You may even be able to grab a quick barbecue lunch at Stanleyville Smokehouse.

4. Now you’re ready to see some shows. You can walk to Timbuktu for the dolphin show and International Celebration at Das Festhaus (and have lunch if you haven’t grabbed a bite yet) or you can take the Skyride again to catch the ice skating show at the Moroccan Palace.

5. Round out your day with a visit to Bird Gardens and the For The Birds show. If you have little ones in tow, don’t forget to let them have their own special time in Land of the Dragons.

Hope this helps.d

Kelly Monaghan
Author of "Universal Orlando: The Ultimate Guide to the Ultimate Theme Park Adventure" and
"The Other Orlando: What To Do When You've Done Disney & Universal""

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter