Budget wrinkle cream that works??

Derma rolling, also known as micro needling, is good for wrinkles. It causes micro damage and it stimulates collagen.

I use it, and have seen positive results. I recommended researching needle size and routines for yourself as different sites recommend different things.

I've used both and really didn't notice a big difference.
i went through the same problem then my dermatologist me to go with dermalmd serum its fine for your skin.its fine for all skin type.i told to my frns they liked as me.
it is very light and a little goes a long way.The comments or "compliments" I received so far are about how pure my skin looks.

Derma rolling, also known as micro needling, is good for wrinkles. It causes micro damage and it stimulates collagen.

I use it, and have seen positive results. I recommended researching needle size and routines for yourself as different sites recommend different things.
Do you do it yourself or go to a spa/Dr?

I've tried Olay ProX, Loreal and several others, and for the high cost, I don't notice any difference in the reduction of wrinkles. I don't see how they can legally advertise "90% of women see a reduction of fine lines etc". Anyone try any over the counter cream that really works?

If you can't tolerate Retin-A, or don't want to go get a prescription, I would recommend you have a look at The Ordinary Advanced Retinoid 2%. My skin doesn't do well with a lot of retinol products like the Roc or Olay ones but this one my skin has tolerated really well so far. After a few months, I am noticing my frown lines are not as pronounced. They are not gone yet, but they are improving. It costs $9.80.

Botox. I've tried literally every cream, Retinol, Hyaluronic Acid, Glycolic Acid, etc...I have a deep "1" where my "11's" are and these don't even touch it to reduce the appearance. I feel the more hydrated your skin is the better it will look. But, Botox is really the only option to smooth out the wrinkles or lines.

After using dermalmd serum for few weeks the wrinkles around my mouth & eyes are literally being erased. My skin feels completely different. There is a bit of of stinging and flaking the first week. GoO WITH THIS SERUM.Ive really noticed a softer and smoother appearance on my skin after just a few weeks..."thanks for recommending this for me @ my mom"

I've used a ton of OTC wrinkle creams and the only thing that I have seen significant improvement from is Retin A, which is prescription of course. I've been using it for two months and have already seen improvements. I am 39 and have lines under my eyes from squinting, and they have diminished. It has also helped with some of the texture issues I have on my forehead and cheeks. Before Retin A, I tried RoC, Sunday Riley, Ole Henriksen, Shiseido. I did not see any improvements with these.

Echoing other posters about tretinoin (Retin-A) you can add other ingredients, but this is really the only thing that's going to affect wrinkles and it's going to have the biggest effect on "fine lines." There does come a point where topical solutions just aren't going to reverse things.

I've used a ton of OTC wrinkle creams and the only thing that I have seen significant improvement from is Retin A, which is prescription of course. I've been using it for two months and have already seen improvements. I am 39 and have lines under my eyes from squinting, and they have diminished. It has also helped with some of the texture issues I have on my forehead and cheeks. Before Retin A, I tried RoC, Sunday Riley, Ole Henriksen, Shiseido. I did not see any improvements with these.

Echoing other posters about tretinoin (Retin-A) you can add other ingredients, but this is really the only thing that's going to affect wrinkles and it's going to have the biggest effect on "fine lines." There does come a point where topical solutions just aren't going to reverse things.
Over the past 10 years I've made several attempts with Retinol and have abandoned them every time because I just couldn't live with the "purge" stage. (I've always had a pretty clear complexion and having 5 or 6 prominent blemishes at once was intolerable.) Is medical-grade Retin-A any different in this regard?

Sorry, but budget and wrinkle cream don't go hand in hand. We can get away with budget products when we are younger but as we age we need better ingredients. That means more expensive. Stay away from anything that has alcohol in the first five ingredients at the minimum. It usually means moving from the CVS stores to Ulta or Sephora.

I personally love Juice Beauty and It Cosmetics and they are not as pricey as some.

If anyone has a teenager with acne, Retin A is a common prescription along with another topical cream. When my DS had a prescription it gave him one refill tube a month, but one tube lasted him wayyy longer. So we had a lot of extra Retin A. Just sayin'... :rolleyes1 It is the one proven thing that works.

Aside from Retin A, I recommend Lancombe Renergie Lift Multi-Action Cream. There's also one with the same name that is a day cream, but the only difference is that the day cream has sunscreen in it. I use my own facial sunscreen and then just use the night cream for daytime and nighttime. No sense in buying two jars of it. The one I bought will probably last me a year!! You can usually get a bunch of freebies when you purchase from Macy's. I got a smaller travel-sized jar as one of my freebies and use that when I travel. When I run out, I just add more from the larger jar.

Last edited:
Over the past 10 years I've made several attempts with Retinol and have abandoned them every time because I just couldn't live with the "purge" stage. (I've always had a pretty clear complexion and having 5 or 6 prominent blemishes at once was intolerable.) Is medical-grade Retin-A any different in this regard?

Retin-A is a name brand retinoid. The generic is tretinoin. Both are available by Rx only (at least in the us).

Everybody has different reactions. I haven't had purging or peeling with tretinoin .025% (lowest) but have seen improved texture so I'm increasing potency.

Some people have purging with any "actives" (retinoids, AHAs, BHAs). If you can't push through the purging phase then I would skip skin "actives"

Wow, I thought this was for a budget solution. I went to target to get a new night cream and can no longer afford even Olay. So, a little work and natural it is.

I have been using only hot water and a microfiber wash cloth to wash my face. It will even remove sunscreen and waterproof mascara. If I need more on the eyelids, I'll use a natural oil..olive, vitamin E etc.

While my skin is still damp, I massage in some coconut oil and top with Nutrogena factor 70 face sunscreen. For daytime.

I'm going to make some night cream using cocoa butter, olive oil and coconut oil next. I've been using my cleansing method for a year and get compliments on my skin. I am 60. Sunscreen has always been my answer. I won't scrimp on that stuff.

I had forehead wrinkles in my mid 20's. I bought some expensive stuff but somehow came across a product called alpha-hydroxy. I use the Enhanced Cream, 10% Glycolic AHA Anti-Wrinkle, 2 oz. It's sold by Neoteric. They recently slightly changed the name but not the ingredients. One tub lasts me at least six months. It's about $15. If you spend at least $25 you get free shipping so I always buy two. For me personally it only seems to work on my forehead but my forehead is better at 50 than it was at 25 thanks to this product. I have never stopped using it. I put it on every night before I go to bed and just shower like normal in the morning, face wash and all. If I skip even a day I can tell the difference.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter