Budget trip

tina95

Mouseketeer
I will be taking my to younger boys 13 and 11 to WDW in Jan. 2005. They have been once before. Last year. My dh and oldest Ds went as well. We did not attend any parades, fireworks, or shows. Needless to say the little boys and I are going back. My poor husband does not get this.
Anyway last time we stayed off site. This time I want to stay on site. This will be a budget trip. Well kind of!
I have reservations for POP for $55 per night. Should I change to another resort? It would need to be one of the moderate for $85 per night. What would you all do?

Also would you rent a car? We will be doing the parks during the day. But the boys say they want to go to Disney Quest every night. Also we would like to go to the Pepermarket a few times. I am also thinking about the campfire program at Disney. I think I can get a car for $18 per day.

Other Then Chef Mickeys (Breakfast) and CRT for lunch, we will be using vouchers for meals.

This trip will be 5 days and we will have just spent the week before in Washington DC.

TIA
Christina

I would think that POP would be sufficient for the 3 of you (as long as the 2 boys didn't mind sharing a bed). Did you purchase a package? Or have you bought Park Hopper passes? Disney Quest is somewhere around $25/pp to get in so without an UMP this could get expensive to do every night for 3 people!!
I wouldn't bother renting a car... you are staying on site so take advantage of Disney's transportation system!

Have fun!

We will be buying the 5 day stars and stripes from SOG. They are around $250 pp. You have to stay on property to buy them, but it is my understanding that we can get into Disney Quest as often as we like. Does anyone know if this is right?

As far as transportation is concerned, will we burn up alot of time running from the parks to dinner to disney quest? Or something like that.

TIA
CHristina

I'd stick with POP. The money that is saved can be use for so many other things. I have gone several times with my boyfriend and we have stayed at both moderate and value resorts. Although the atomosphere is a bit more swanky at the moderate,we both agree you can't beat the savings with the value resorts. Being that you will only be down there for 5 days, how much time do you really spend at the resort. You will be hopping all over the parks and won't need the extras that are with the mod. resorts.
Quest is awesome! Easily a few nights can be spent there and I am not a huge video game person.
Unless you are planning on going somewhere out of the World, I wouldn't rent a car. The resort transportation will take care of all your transportation needs ( to the other resorts, CSR for the Pepper Market... yum, and to DTD for Quest) The transportation doesn't take long either, it is worth it not to have to park or worry about driving, IMHO =). But don't forget, if you don't get a car, you will have to get Mears shuttle service to and from the resort/airport. For an adult it is about $26/27 RT. I'm not sure the cost of children.
I have never done the campfire program, what is that?
Chef Mickeys is a definite and with the money you would have saved, you could consider the Hoop- Dee- Do review for another fun thing, although it depends on how much time you have, but it is really fun.
I am all about saving where ever I can so I can do other stuff or buy gifts ( for others or myself!)
Those are just a few thoughts, but you will have an awesome time either way!
Have fun

I say because of the boys ages (fact that there not little kids) I would upgrade and stay at Coronado especially since you would like to eat at PM and would have the Q&C's to use. There are plenty of activities there for them (pools, hottub, bikes, pedal boats, volleyball court) as well as more space to run around and tire themselves out. You also get the luxury of having a nicer more adult themed resort (no flames needed but Pop is really geared towards families and smaller kids - cutely themed). If it becomes too much money then Pop will be fine or maybe you may want to consider switching resorts half way through the trip. Either way I think everyone will have a great time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter