Bringing boys in the ladies room/family bathroom questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Treysar

Mouseketeer
Hi!

Do you think there will be any issues with bringing my 8 year old twin boys in the ladies room with me? We usually wait for the handicap stall, where I will have to do an occasional standing diaper change. I have heard that I can use a family bathroom somewhere? Or perhaps go to a medic station? Are these few and far between?Any information on this would be gratefully appreciated. Thank you!

Do what you have to do to take care of your kids.
The stalls have doors so other ladies can have their privacy while you wait for the big stall.
Great, however at the YMCA by our house my boys are not allowed in the dressing room with me. Some places have rules about this kind of thing. I’m glad Disney does not!

Dressing rooms are a different situation than public bathrooms. The rules are going to be different. Disney understands issues like this pretty well at this point. You shouldn't have an issue bringing them in. That being said, I would recommend learning where the companion restrooms are and using them when it's convenient to.

The only time I have seen a problem with being young boy into the woman bathroom was when they boys ( about the age of yours) was peaking throu the crack of the bathroom doors other then that you will be fine

You can find the campaign bathroom on the app if you see two bathroom close to each other then there is also Companions Bathroom there too

Attachments

• 71D783F0-9BFB-4EAF-868E-144C85754448.jpeg
    71D783F0-9BFB-4EAF-868E-144C85754448.jpeg
    54.9 KB · Views: 13
Dressing rooms are a different situation than public bathrooms. The rules are going to be different. Disney understands issues like this pretty well at this point. You shouldn't have an issue bringing them in. That being said, I would recommend learning where the companion restrooms are and using them when it's convenient to.
Good point! I hadn’t thought of that!

My son is 23 years old and uses a large special needs stroller in the parks. He also requires occasional diaper changes, which can be done standing when necessary. We use the companion restrooms whenever possible — the extra space and privacy makes the job a lot easier. However, I have taken him into the women’s restroom and used the large handicap stall when necessary. I can’t recall having any trouble doing this, maybe a couple of double-takes at my son because he’s not the typical ladies room customer, but nothing really rude. These days most people are very understanding. Hope you have a wonderful trip!

The companion bathrooms at Disney are great, more plentiful than anywhere else I've been, and marked on the map.

that said, as long as they're not running around unsupervised, they're fine in the regular bathrooms too.

In addition to the handicap stall in the ladies' rooms and the companion bathrooms, you should also be able to utilize the first aid stations in all the parks. If you need to use a ladies' room because it is most convenient at the time you need to change your son, I would not hesitate going in. There are no rules restricting you from bringing your sons in with you.

Be aware that you may have a long wait for the Companion Restrooms.
They may seem plentiful if you can use another restroom, but there are not that many if it’s the only restroom you can use.
We pretty much always have to wait for it and find that MK often is bad enough that we don’t use the Companion Restrooms there.

If your child needs to lie down for changes, then First Aid is your best bet. First Aid in all parks have private rooms with tables/cots you can use for changing a larger child to adult.
First Aid also has a Companion Restroom (often more) inside.
Just tell the person at the desk what you need and they will tell you where to go.

I'd go ahead and take them in with you. I was just in Disney with one of my 7 year old twins and had not been taking him with me. I let him go to the men's room and waited outside and I ran to the ladies room on my own usually only while at dinner. But as we were leaving AK on our last day I really had to go. So I left him in the stroller watching a band playing on stage right next to the bathrooms while I ran in and when I came out there was a CM and security guard with him because a concerned mother reported him being alone. I said oh, well he's 7 which is old enough to go into a ride line and ride alone so I didn't think it would be an issue for him to wait outside the bathroom alone. The security guard said they can't be alone in the parks until they are 14. Seriously? I mean I get not entering the parks alone but not sitting outside the bathroom alone for a few minutes?

Anyhow, the only reason I stopped taking him in was because of people on these boards freaking out about how a 6, 7, 8 year old should be able to go to the appropriate bathroom without mom or dad. And how we shouldn't use companion restrooms unless it's truly a "need." They suggested I use the baby care center next time. Which is great except there's only one per park and they aren't always convenient.

I wouldn't expect anyone to give you any grief but if they do you can tell them Disney says you have to keep them with you.

Hi!

Do you think there will be any issues with bringing my 8 year old twin boys in the ladies room with me? We usually wait for the handicap stall, where I will have to do an occasional standing diaper change. I have heard that I can use a family bathroom somewhere? Or perhaps go to a medic station? Are these few and far between?Any information on this would be gratefully appreciated. Thank you!

The accessible stalls in some of the older bathrooms at MK are not really that accessible - might not be able to fit two kids and an adult in there if you bring a stroller into the stall too. But if they can walk/stay with you, then everyone should fit :) First Aid will have space you can use as well, but there's just one at each park. Grab a park map designed for those with disabilities to see the companion bathroom locations. I'm not sure if they are on the regular maps?

I'd go ahead and take them in with you. I was just in Disney with one of my 7 year old twins and had not been taking him with me. I let him go to the men's room and waited outside and I ran to the ladies room on my own usually only while at dinner. But as we were leaving AK on our last day I really had to go. So I left him in the stroller watching a band playing on stage right next to the bathrooms while I ran in and when I came out there was a CM and security guard with him because a concerned mother reported him being alone. I said oh, well he's 7 which is old enough to go into a ride line and ride alone so I didn't think it would be an issue for him to wait outside the bathroom alone. The security guard said they can't be alone in the parks until they are 14. Seriously? I mean I get not entering the parks alone but not sitting outside the bathroom alone for a few minutes?

Anyhow, the only reason I stopped taking him in was because of people on these boards freaking out about how a 6, 7, 8 year old should be able to go to the appropriate bathroom without mom or dad. And how we shouldn't use companion restrooms unless it's truly a "need." They suggested I use the baby care center next time. Which is great except there's only one per park and they aren't always convenient.

I wouldn't expect anyone to give you any grief but if they do you can tell them Disney says you have to keep them with you.

The baby care centers have been crazy busy the few times I tried to use them.

After an interesting experience at work today, I respectfully request that any time you bring a boy into the ladies room, please put the seat back down!

After an interesting experience at work today, I respectfully request that any time you bring a boy into the ladies room, please put the seat back down!
Oh no. Ok I hope it was not as bad as the time I saw on untold story of the ER were an older lady got stuck in a tolit after her husband left the set up.

but yes I hope what ever hapend was not bad

We have some single stall non-gendered bathrooms in our schools now, so I feel your pain! (I also wish the dribblers would wipe up afterwards, but that's a whole 'nother thread right?)

I am normally one of “those people” who do do not approve of taking school aged kids into the opposite gender’s bathroom BUT WDW is a different animal (because there are so many people) and I have a lot more tolerance for it and definitely understand if the child is disabled. I have however seen what appeared to be typical boys ( I know you can’t always tell and shouldn’t judge) that could have been 9-10 with their moms in the woman’s bathrooms. I feel this Is pushing it a bit. Personally mine would have fought it tooth and nail by the time they started school and would have been very embarrassed

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!