Bring Back the TTA Soundtrack!

I love the TTA (note my avatar), and I love the old soundtrack.

But I do like the new one as well. I like that it calls the ride the "people mover," and I like that it's more like the original ride in Disneyland, which was a tour of Tomorrowland.

I miss the puns, jokes, and references to old rides ("Tom Tomorrow"), though. If they could add some humor to the new soundtrack, I'd like it a bit more.

I'll always love the old soundtrack, but I know that things have to change from time to time. The new one is OK, and has its precedents. It just needs to be tweaked a little.

Oh, I hate to hear that! :( I am almost crying. I LOVE that ride and it was kind of like coming home to hear them page Tom Morrow! They just keep making so-called improvements that stink. Backlot Tour comes to mind; first they took half of it away and when my son was there in August he said it was even worse now---they totally screwed up Catastrophe Canyon part too. Then they took away the narrator on Living with the Land. What's next?

I guess to people that have never been before it's all the same, they won't know anything is missing, but for those of us that go often, these "improvements" kind of stink!

It's not only the soundtrack that has changed. They no longer allow repeat rides either! You have to deboard, go around and go back up the ramp. I used to love repeat rides and would do it over and over again but those days have ended for me because those ramps are still hard on my legs due to my disability and the angle which you go up.

It made for a very sad day at the Magic Kingdom yesterday. :(

...who goes to Tomorrowland and doesn't already know about all the other rides, but does know about the People Mover (it will always be the People Mover to me)? What newbie family says, "Hmmm I don't think all these buildings with people lined up outside of them have anything interesting inside. Oooh, here's an escalator without steps let's follow it and see where it goes...(after the ride) Man I'm glad we rode the TTA! Otherwise I wouldn't have realized there were rides here."

That was my thought. What first time visitor to WDW makes the TTA their first ride in Tomorrowland? I'd guess that NONE of them do. So why have an audio track that is basicaly nothing more than a spoken preview of the area - the same thing you can get from the park maps? By the time people get onto the TTA they have been on everything else and the audio is by then useless! Withouth the funny comments there is actually zero reason to have audio on the TTA at all, IMHO.

It's not only the soundtrack that has changed. They no longer allow repeat rides either! You have to deboard, go around and go back up the ramp. I used to love repeat rides and would do it over and over again but those days have ended for me because those ramps are still hard on my legs due to my disability and the angle which you go up.

It made for a very sad day at the Magic Kingdom yesterday. :(

DW has had major knee surgery in the past and as much as we love (loved?) the TTA that ramp is terrible and painful for her, and not comfortable for me even without the screwed up knee. It is not human friendly, for sure, nor is the attraction handicap accessible - it still surprises me that they haven't remedied that fact yet. We almost always made at least two round trips before getting off and never had problems in the past. Forcing people to get off during non busy times is just stupid.

More brilliant management from Disney. I swear they will soon drive off all of their repeat customers or at best drive them to return on a much less frequent basis.

I would like to think that if you asked a cast member for an accomidation due to your physical limitations, that they would be happy to oblige. If not only out of compassion and courtesy, out of obligation to the law.

But, the new soundtrack has completely stripped any sense of theming from the attraction. It drones on and on for no apparent reason. It sounds like something you might hear at some cheesy local amusement park in Anytown, USA. Bland, sterile and without any sense of character or theming.

In another thread I've compared the TTA narration to the Monorail narration. It has changed relatively recently (I think summer of 2006), and even changed narrators. You can hear different versions on mouseworld radio, and probably dis radio as well. You have to listen close to tell the difference.

Nobody really notices, or at least I never saw any complaints about it. Why? Because the tone is the same. It says the same kinds of things, with the same kind of voice, with the same kind of inflection, just with updated information. Bottom line, the theme is the same.

Why they didn't do the same to the TTA, I'll never really understand.

GB

i am just curious if you can see what they are doing to space mountain yet from tta??

i am just curious if you can see what they are doing to space mountain yet from tta??

There are two brief glimpses riders get, but a 180-degree head turn is necessary. One night last week, one of the tracks was accomodating the cars, but without any riders.

Just watched the video...bleh...I am driving down tom morrow and will be going on the ride Sunday with my 11 year old. We always say "Now Approaching..." whenever we do something and it remind us of that ride. Now, sadly, that part of the fun will be a thing of the past. Damn!!!

I'm going to put the old soundtrack on my phone and play it while riding until they change it back! It seems like one dissapointment after another. I will NEVER get over the closure of Adventurers Club.

I'm going to put the old soundtrack on my phone and play it while riding until they change it back! It seems like one dissapointment after another. I will NEVER get over the closure of Adventurers Club.

Where will you get the file of the old soundtrack? I'd love to do this, too...

:sunny:

It's awful. It's mostly "we're passing a ride. Look at the ride. You can go on this ride and see Stitch (drive a car, hear monsters tell jokes, shoot at aliens, etc.) No creativity whatsoever. ZZZZZ

Since the AC closing they're just taking more out that used to be fun and making it utilitarian.

I'm with Lila--still haven't gotten over the soundtrack change at Spaceship Earth (Walter Cronkite, the song "Tomorrow's Child")--Dame Dench is enough to put anyone sound asleep.
And now TTA--too bad.

I didn't have a problem with Jeremy Irons replacing Walter Cronkite but I'd like Jeremy Irons back now please.

signed petition and listened to the new narration. :mad:

Such a shame that they had to ruin such a classical ride. Yes I understand this is a throw back to the original narration, but nowadays are people really riding this to "see" what else is in tomorrowland?

We loved riding this and it was won of DD favorite but mainly because of the audio and little jokes.

Not sure I can take several "go rounds" on the new Wedway. And this coming from some one who can ride IASW over and over again (ok it's because of DD, but still). :rotfl:

BRING BACK TOM MORROW!

OMG I'm heartbroken. The soundtrack is the best part of TTA. I just told my husband and we will always say "Now Approaching Mickey's Star Traders" as we pass the spot. I'm honestly so sad. :sad2:

I love the TTA. I'll have to check out the new narration when I get home from work.

To be honest, the old one has grown on me, but I always preferred the old, old one. Back when it was the WedWay Peoplemove and not the TTA. That narration had a friendly computer male voice. At the beginning, it explained how the linear induction motors worked to propel you (at least the very basic principle anyways). I thought the one just previous was a little cold sounding. I'll reserve judgment on the new one until I hear it, hoping it's not as awful as people have made it out to be thus far.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter