Bridge over Kirkman

EveDallas

Always keep fighting
All I can think when I look at that is how much it would stink trying to push a wheelchair up all those ramps :scared:

Esmerelda

DVC'r 10/04/Dis Veteran
I sent an email to I4Ultimate.com a few weeks ago. Here was their response. We are there the 2nd week of September. 64A241F7-256A-4293-8922-76AD69BFC7AE.jpeg

• lvdis

love disney
    I'm glad there will be a safer way to cross the street, but it sure seems like those ramps go on forever. It will take so much more walking than just going straight across the street! I know, there's always a trade off!

georgina

DIS Veteran
    I'm glad there will be a safer way to cross the street, but it sure seems like those ramps go on forever. It will take so much more walking than just going straight across the street! I know, there's always a trade off!
    Are they removing the crosswalks? I have never found crossing there to be a problem, so I would probably just cross the street as I always have. But then, I cross between Cabana Bay and Sapphire Falls with no crosswalk at all!

schumigirl

It's a bit of a roodie doodie word for lady parts
    I agree, the ramps look like a bit of a climb!!!

Are they removing the crosswalks? I have never found crossing there to be a problem, so I would probably just cross the street as I always have. But then, I cross between Cabana Bay and Sapphire Falls with no crosswalk at all!
    I`m assuming it will remove the crosswalk......never thought to ask.

I know they had some issues with cars not stopping for folks who were crossing.....not sure if it was tourists who weren't aware they had to stop or just impatient folks......and of course folks running across the road when they shouldn't was an issue too. Doubt the bridge will stop folks doing that either.

• Alderbrook

DIS Veteran
    You’re lucky you got a reply. I’ve never been replied to. We ended up cancelling our reservation at Hyatt House and paid a little extra to have a family suite at CBBR because of this.

Lynne G

DIS Veteran
    We drove by it today, and still not open. Looks massive, but nice to have long ramps for those that need it. Cones and street still blocked off near it.

schumigirl

Can’t believe how long this small bridge is taking to complete.......

• Esmerelda

DVC'r 10/04/Dis Veteran
    I agree Schumigirl! We will be there in about 23 days. I will snap some photos to see if anything looks different. We are staying our first night at the DT before we move to RPR. I really thought it would be completed by now. SMH....

Grumpy4196

Mouseketeer
    Here now and sadly it is closed again. No idea why since they are doing repaving at this intersection and you literally have to cross through a construction zone.

schumigirl

Just seen this twenty minutes ago.

We were told it wasn’t supposed to be open yet, folks just used it. It looked as if it was being inspected when we passed by earlier.

Mad4WDW

Madforwdw in VMK. A nice guy, unless I just DC in
    Does anyone have any updates on this? We are staying at the RPR in 3 weeks and planning on a walk to Walgreens
    and don't relish a suicidal dash across the road!

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates

UNIVERSAL PODCASTS

UNIVERSAL ORLANDO VIDEOS

UNIVERSAL ATTRACTIONS