Brides with Visible Tattoos??

i have a daisy on my ankle & i wanted to see if i could kinda touch it up to make it look more like a real daisy & less cartoony..if that makes any sense..lol

if i get another it will be on my hip or my other ankle, but im undecided yet

thanks for your help/input

Ah, you're never too old for a new tat! ;)

What do you mean by 'touching it up'? Are you going to have something added, or are you meaning having it reinked?! I've had a couple of mine reinked as I have really strange pigmentation across my upper back (from being burned as a kid) which means my skin doesn't hold ink quite so well. Other than, to keep them looking fresh I just make sure my skin is well exfoliated and mosturised, and I apply vaseline on the them when i'm going out and want them to 'shine'

Oh... I would personally think VERY carefully about having anything put on your upper back unless its something that can be added to at a later date. I really regret choosing my shoulder blade for my first ever tat because you are basically wiping out a HUGE blank canvas if its something that can't be added to in the future if you should want something bigger

I'm going to add a question to this thread, hope the op doesn't mind.....

How bad does a tattoo hurt when you are getting it?

I've also been thinking about getting a tattoo. I kinda wanted to get an elephant (maybe even Dumbo or Lumpy) in memory of my grandfather (who started my love for elephants, and who I associate the animal with; hence my love for them). My boyfriend isn't to crazy about it, but is supportive while I decide.

Another thing is, I'm not really sure where I want to put it, mainly because I want it in a place where it won't hurt as much to get (and not the back, because I have a bad one and I want to be able to see it), won't get messed up at weight gain/loss or pregnancy, and that I can cover up if I need to (I plan to work for Disney full-time one day, and visible tattoos are a big no-no with them.)

Any suggestions?

I've also been thinking about getting a tattoo. I kinda wanted to get an elephant (maybe even Dumbo or Lumpy) in memory of my grandfather (who started my love for elephants, and who I associate the animal with; hence my love for them). My boyfriend isn't to crazy about it, but is supportive while I decide.

Another thing is, I'm not really sure where I want to put it, mainly because I want it in a place where it won't hurt as much to get (and not the back, because I have a bad one and I want to be able to see it), won't get messed up at weight gain/loss or pregnancy, and that I can cover up if I need to (I plan to work for Disney full-time one day, and visable tattoos are a big no-no with them.)

Any suggestions?

This is going WAYYYY off topic, so I will preface by saying ' Do you want a Dumbo on show on your wedding day? ' ;)

Now my serious answer... I have a thing about 'obvious' tattoos. Personally, I just don't really like them, and I don't really like cartoon tattoos. The only exception to this is when a bunch of cartoon characters have been made into a sleeve... now THAT looks cool.... but standalone ones just don't 'do' it for me. I have seen some fantastic cartoon type artwork, but just can't imagine ever having one myself. I love Pooh, but i'd look stupid with him on my hip or wherever else because it just wouldn't suit my personality. I also have a thing about generic tattoos... I'd cringe if I saw someone with the same tattoo as me... a bit like turning up at a wedding (SEE?!? I CAN stay on topic) and someone turning up in the same outfit I had on! I do love tattoos as memorials though... but I would think really carefully about having anything tattooed that you have to think whether it would be a good idea... it probably isn't (I think that made sense)

Oh, and about them hurting... Yeah, it hurts... I guess. This might make me sound like I belong on a different type of board completely :rotfl: but I really enjoy the sensation of being tattooed, and I especially loved having my lower back done which is supposed to be a particularly painful experience. So much so that I am off next week to have it added to!! Its like being scratched, but the needle moves so quickly that its not agonising

Oh... I would personally think VERY carefully about having anything put on your upper back unless its something that can be added to at a later date. I really regret choosing my shoulder blade for my first ever tat because you are basically wiping out a HUGE blank canvas if its something that can't be added to in the future if you should want something bigger

Well that is part of my problem. My first tattoo is in the center of my back between my shoulder blades. My brother said this isn't a big deal, I get the tat for my grandfather on my left shoulder and I actually already have one picked out for my right...I am just not sure I like the idea of one in the center with one on each shoulder

Another thing is, I'm not really sure where I want to put it, mainly because I want it in a place where it won't hurt as much to get (and not the back, because I have a bad one and I want to be able to see it), won't get messed up at weight gain/loss or pregnancy, and that I can cover up if I need to (I plan to work for Disney full-time one day, and visible tattoos are a big no-no with them.)

Any suggestions?

First off I have to say I love Elephants too! I have collected about a dozen (all with trunks up!).

I think pain is relative...obviously there are some places it hurts more than others. I thought my back was the worst until I did my calf (which I almost passed out). I love my back tattoo...very easy to cover, hurt a bit but not too much and won't really stretch if I get pregnant.

ETA: I googled tattoo and bride and found some very cool pics of brides showing their tats :)

Well that is part of my problem. My first tattoo is in the center of my back between my shoulder blades. My brother said this isn't a big deal, I get the tat for my grandfather on my left shoulder and I actually already have one picked out for my right...I am just not sure I like the idea of one in the center with one on each shoulder

To be honest, as much as I love the actual tattoos I have across my upper back, I hate the placement of them. They just look disjointed with nothing to bring them together. I have a sun and moon intertwined in the centre with 'midnight is where the day begins' (longggggggg story... but its a song lyric that has pretty special memories for me), then I have some chinese writing on my left shoulder and a scroll from the book of kells on the right. I'm seriously thinking of having both of the shoulder blade tattoos inked over and something stretching right across my upper back to link everything together. I'm thinking a shower of multicoloured stars which should work reasonably well seeing as how the 2 shoulder tattoos are reasonably small. I do wish I could turn back the clock though, and i'd have thought alot more carefully about where I put them

To be honest, as much as I love the actual tattoos I have across my upper back, I hate the placement of them. They just look disjointed with nothing to bring them together. I have a sun and moon intertwined in the centre with 'midnight is where the day begins' (longggggggg story... but its a song lyric that has pretty special memories for me), then I have some chinese writing on my left shoulder and a scroll from the book of kells on the right. I'm seriously thinking of having both of the shoulder blade tattoos inked over and something stretching right across my upper back to link everything together. I'm thinking a shower of multicoloured stars which should work reasonably well seeing as how the 2 shoulder tattoos are reasonably small. I do wish I could turn back the clock though, and i'd have thought alot more carefully about where I put them

That's good to know...thank you!!! I am debating but I was also thinking about putting on my outer thigh/hip but it's not going to be very big. But being that is a memorial piece, I would kinda like it somewhere you would see it. I'm so torn!

obviously I am a-ok with ink on my skin.. hence the screen name lol. Funny thing is, when we were planning the wedding, the first thing i said to my tattoo artist is, omg, i have to finish my sleeves/chest piece so they are ready for the wedding. But I also think anyone who is truly involved in tattoos and the tattoo community would never even ask a question like this. If you have a couple little tattoos cause you thought it was a cute idea then I would cover them up, because really it's not a big part of your life like it is for some. My tattoos are who I am, so why would I hide them?

Heres pics of mine.. I'd have a hell of a time covering them anyways lol

My chest piece.. not done yet
IMG_8370.jpg

one view of my arm
IMG_8363.jpg

same arm

IMG_8333.jpg

same arm again

IMG_8332.jpg

other arm

IMG_8384.jpg

wrist (i have this tattoo on both wrists)

IMG_8383.jpg

I love your tattoos! Ouch, the ones on your wrist must have hurt, huh? So far, I'm too chicken to get some of my own, but I love seeing others artwork and the stories behind them. I think if I were to get one, I would get a simple dancin' Dead bear to remind me of my free and blissful touring days of having no responsibilities! :hippie: :banana:

Enjoyed your rant Alissa!:goodvibes & glad to see another Deadhead WDW fan-I think we are a rare breed! Your DF would have a field day with me by the way. I'm a full fledged tie dyed & patchwork clothes wearing little hippie girl & proud of it! :cool1:

Anyways, as for me, I think I fall into the category of not being ready to have something permanent....maybe after I get married and experience the permanency of a DH first!! :rotfl2: Baby steps I guess....;)

If I did get one though, I can't see myself wanting to cover it up. All that indecisiveness to get one, I'd want to show it off! To each their own though I guess-I can see both sides of it.

Back to the OP ??
I have a tattoo on my back. For my wedding it wasn't visible because my hair and veil covered it up. I think maybe in 2 pictures you could see part of it. I didn't hide it, but I didn't make an effort to show it off either.
Personally, I think that if you don't atleast have a few wedding pictures that DON'T showcase your tattoos you will regret it. What's cool when you are 25 may not be cool when you are 45. But that's just my humble opinion. I'm not part of any super exclusive tattoo community ;) I say whatever you do, make your own decision because a bunch of women on a message board don't have to live with your wedding pictures the rest of your life, whether you show the ink or not.

Not to jump in here, but why do you get to post your rant about it when other posters can't?

I don't think PrettyInTink was being a snob, I think she was just expressing her opinion, as openly as you were. Also, she wasn't expressing her opinion towards you, snob or no snob... :goodvibes

Wow, u look like that blonde girl on real world hollywood....

So, about tattoo's. My sister actually matched her wedding colors to her tattoo, (much to our mother's dismay) and it was awesome!! The tattoo she has meant alot to her so it made sense to show it, in fact she has a lot of photoshopped pics that showcase it, they're really cool!

I am a dude replying to this and neither me (i am scared of any kind of neededles so I will never have one) nor does my wife have tattoos so maybe my opinion isn't worth anything but here it is.

It is your wedding. Why worry about what anyone else may or may not think?

As long as you and your spouse are happy that is all that matters.

Just my 2 cents.

Well since I am the one asking the question, yes I took your answer to be a bit sarcastic and snarky. I take my tattoos and their placement very seriously. I am also ocd, lol, and the thought of having one in the middle and one on my left shoulder is bugging me a bit. Plus I think it's possible to have tattoo (without just thinking they are cute) without being involved in the tattoo community as you put it. This is my body and I am aware of how they look and their placement. I was just wondering other's who had the same experience. Sorry if I took your post the wrong way.

it's ok.. I just don't think you know me as well as some of the other chicas on here, so you took me as snarky. believe me if i was being snarky towards you i would have quoted you lol
back to the tats, now your throwing ocd in there lol i think anyone getting a tattoo has this issue at first, but really it's only a question you can answer. how are you in real life? will you regret it years later when your a mom and at soccer games? im not being a smart ***, but these are all things you have to think of. will you mind people judging based on seeing the ink you have? idk, tattoo placement is very important decision but it should be where you think it will look best and make you happiest despite all other factors, kwim?

I love your tattoos! Ouch, the ones on your wrist must have hurt, huh? So far, I'm too chicken to get some of my own, but I love seeing others artwork and the stories behind them. I think if I were to get one, I would get a simple dancin' Dead bear to remind me of my free and blissful touring days of having no responsibilities! :hippie: :banana:

actually the ones on my wrist hurt the least! the story behind mine isnt really a great one lol, the chest piece is for my daughter the arm piece that says jack is for my son and the rest are all just traditional art work, because those are the types of ink i like.. the traditional pirate ship because i love me some pirates, the traditional mom tattoo because i am a mom, and i thought my mom would be just smitten (which she was), the stars on my wrist because i love stars.. especially nautical stars, again very traditional. the angel on my arm, because i love it lol and the rest of the arm will look great once its all done.

as for the dancin dead bear, i think they can be done very cute and tasteful and as much as i dislike the dead, i love those damn bears!! god i could think of a million sleeves featuring those bears lol!

I am a dude replying to this and neither me (i am scared of any kind of neededles so I will never have one) nor does my wife have tattoos so maybe my opinion isn't worth anything but here it is.

It is your wedding. Why worry about what anyone else may or may not think?

As long as you and your spouse are happy that is all that matters.

Just my 2 cents.

i agree with you! but shes got a whole lot of others issues too, beyond what she wrote in the op. such as ocd and placement of it because they might be too close or off balance amongst other things

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter