Breakfast at Poly morning of the Marathon?

irishtwins1112

Mouseketeer
HI! This year I am doing the half marathon on Saturday. We are planning to eat breakfast at the Poly at the Kona Cafe Sunday morning. Will it be a nightmare to get to the Polynesian. We have a reservation at 8:55 but we generally like to get there an hour or two ahead to look at gift shops and stuff before we eat. I guess my main concern is that they might turn us away from parking there because of the marathon. I know they are persnickity about parking there sometimes. I personally have never been turned away from parking there as long as I have a reservation to eat....but I didn't know if at heavy flow times they will require you to park in MK parking and then ride a bus from the ticket and transportation center. Does anyone have experience with this? Thanks.

I may be mistaken but I believe that you shouldn't have an issue parking because I don't think marathoners or spectators are allowed to park in Poly unless they're staying there so I think in that respect it should be no worse than usual. I would think the bigger issue would be making sure you know the route for driving there in the first place given the amount of road closures that come with the race. Magic Kingdom usually opens at 9am if I remember correctly (not accounting for extra magic hours) and it has been my experience that on occasion if you have reservations and no one else is on the first bus (roughly 45 minutes before park opening) they may be willing to stop at Poly which I assume won't help you unless you're staying at the resorts. Otherwise I would go straight to Magic Kingdom and take the monorail to Poly personally. I think most important is trying to leave extra time for any inconveniences.

World Drive main entrance will still be closed at 7:00. There are vehicles moving around in this area during the time but not quite sure of access points, probably entering the area from Vista, then accessing Seven Seas Drive from there.

Also do not see any issue with parking.

Thanks for the information. So we are staying at AKL......we will drive all the way around property and try from Vista like you suggest. I know the bus would be easiest, but I hate riding those things. I don't like to be at the mercy of the bus.

I was a spectator this year for the marathon on World Drive! I mostly was by the Contemporary though. They had one whole side of the road for runners (the inner lanes) and then on the other side of the median they had car and bus traffic. So the lanes closest to the hotels had the cars on it, so you can turn into the hotels. However, they had traffic directors only letting some vehicles go down the road in one direction, then would switch and let vehicles go in the other direction off and on. Very much like if you were on a road with heavy construction. So give yourself enough time and pay attention to the traffic directors.
My parents had to leave on MDE bus to the airport that morning early and they said that was the longest back up for them...their bus waiting for their turn to use World Drive.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter