Breakdown of DVC rooms by type/resort

jolynne28

Mouseketeer
Does anyone have a link to a nice chart that breaks down the number of rooms in each category at each resort? We're contemplating another purchase, but I want to see this info before we decide where to look. I'm leaning BWV b/c of the amazing point charts for the standard studios, but they literally never pop up and I know I've read availability is scarce at 11 months, so I'd hate to buy somewhere where I can't even use them how I want. BCV is also being considered, but for an 18 year contract it's still a little high priced IMO.

Both very helpful, thanks! And yikes, the low number of BWV standard studios makes me question whether or not that would be a good purchase for us.

Both very helpful, thanks! And yikes, the low number of BWV standard studios makes me question whether or not that would be a good purchase for us.

BWV Standard view studios are nearly impossible to get. So we just go with Pool/Garden view since there are so many. The location of BWV, regardless of room view, is what keeps us coming back.

Boardwalk 2 beds are all 1 bedroom plus a studio reserved together. So everyone booking boardwalk for their standard view 2 bed is also booking a studio.

Boardwalk's point chart is very reasonable and it's location being walkable to two parks is excellent. Cheaper point options (dollars per point to purchase) are generally bus transportation only, with the exception of boulder Ridge which you could walk across the resort for a boat.

BLT is worth looking into. Long contract and reasonably priced. PVB has many studios, but a bit pricer per point to buy into and more points to use, but very nice and spacious studios.

Boardwalk 2 beds are all 1 bedroom plus a studio reserved together. So everyone booking boardwalk for their standard view 2 bed is also booking a studio.
The way it works in reality is the opposite - (almost) every standard view studio booked takes a 2BR out of inventory. (There are dedicated studios, I’m not sure how many are standard view.) Studios go very quickly at BWV!

The way it works in reality is the opposite - (almost) every standard view studio booked takes a 2BR out of inventory. (There are dedicated studios, I’m not sure how many are standard view.) Studios go very quickly at BWV!
Which is why I would never buy into a DVC resort again where all 2 BRs are lock-offs.

Boardwalk Standard View Studios are a 11-month must and even at 11-months you will find it impossible to book one in Sept-Dec even at 11-months 8 AM. (I tried this past year and never was able to get it so had to go with a G/P view.) If it's one bedrooms you want they are much easier to get at 11-month. Neither are ever available at 7 months. VERY popular.

P.S - Those tables in post #2 were a BEAR to create. How many rooms are in each booking category is not freely released by Disney.

Last edited:
I am considering buying a smaller contract at BWV for an annual first week of June trip. I was also thinking of getting a smallish BCV contract and maybe doing a split stay on that same trip so we had access to SB a couple of days. I know people will say to split with a MK resort, but if we buy a smaller contract at one of those it will probably be CCV (possibly BRV) strictly for a shorter early December trip. Hubs really likes the idea of knowing when the dues will be done, so the 2042 contracts have become more appealing to us.

The SSR we just bought will stay SAP, which I'm currently using to piece together said June trip. I've already got a BCV/Poly/VGF studio, trying to squeeze in a BWV as well, just so we can try everything out. We're going Pixie Pass this year so skipping weekends. The BCV stay is on a Sunday so we can get there early and enjoy the pool that day. I've been heavily stalking the site and getting some good hits, but it is a lot of work to plan last minute, I'm definitely hoping a couple more dates open up as it gets closer to the 31 day window so I can just be done with it and lock in the trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter