"Boy" Sleepovers

Vivig

<font color=teal>Addicted to DISboards<br><font co
This may seem as a silly question to you all...however what age is a sleepover acceptable? We have one son and he has never been away from us...he is going to be 8 this August. Is this too early of an age?

I was never allowed to have sleep overs or go to sleep overs...so not too sure what I should prepare him with?

I will definetly send along a floral arrangement as well as a gift for their baby and some sweets for the parents....anything else I should be looking out for? The family is known to us through our son's school they are decent people..

Please let me know...

Sorry if this seems as a silly question for you all..

My DD started doing sleepovers at about 8yo. Let him go they're fun!!!

I don't get the floral arrangements and gifts though??? Why would you do that?

My son's first sleepover was when he was 9. My DD went much earlier (around 6 or 7)--girls do these things much sooner. I think if you are comfortable with the family and your son really wants to go, then it's a fine age.

I also do get why you are sending gifts over though? :confused3

I've never heard of flowers and gifts during a sleepover but I think it's great that you are so sweet to think that way! :goodvibes

I would say age isn't really the ?, it's his maturity level. Would he be ok without you for the night, ok from home and things he's farmilar with... this would be a good starting point.

I too don't get the floral arrangement, gifts...

Vivig said:
I will definetly send along a floral arrangement as well as a gift for their baby and some sweets for the parents.
I'm not getting this part either. :confused3 Other than that, I don't really see a problem with 8yo boys having a slumber party. I probably wouldn't do it at my house though. :rotfl:

If you are sending flowers and presents, you can send you son here for a sleepover anytime. LOL! For my purposes, 8 is an ok age. I check the intentions of the parents to enforce some sleeping and don't expect your son to be worth anything the next day. I always ask about caffeinated pop being served(mine really gets wired) and I am always the first parent to pickup. I also do some light clean up while I'm doing my pkup if it looks like a cyclone hit. Folding blankets and so forth, helping other kids get their clothes, and stuff packed up. I have been known to make up a busy day the next day and pkup DS about 11pm if there are too many children invited or if I'm not sure about what kind of supervision is going to be given. IE, Ds has one friend who's mother thinks it's ok to leave them totally alone with no checking and kids have gotten hurt and furniture has been destroyed at their house. I make sure my son is not involved in that kind of party. know what I mean?

My son is only 5, however I have two daughters and they both had sleepovers around 8 years old. I always slept out and had friends sleep over as a child. Such good memories!!

My son had his first sleepovers in kindergarten. His buddy didn't last the night here but DS was fine over night at the friend's home.

DS's first sleepover was when he was 7 and it was at the house of a really good friend of ours. DS did fine, but I was a nervous wreck....couldn't wait for morning to arrive so that I could go get him. He had another sleepover at that friends house and then we reciprocated and then he had one with another recently in our new home (DS just turned 9). I would only allow a sleep over if I knew the parents and if I knew there were no guns in the house. I tend to be overprotective, but in todays day and age you can't be too careful.

Thanks for all the replies....It sure made me feel better!

Sorry that I was not able to post earlier.

The flowers and gifts are since it will be the first time our son will be going over for courtesy. His parents had also brought gifts when their son had come over for the first time for a play date and I don't feel right going empty handed.

Thanks again for all the replies.

Have a gr8 day everyone..off to work I go...

i dont have kids so im not really sure but my mom has let my brother have a sleep over for his last birthday (hes 13) and it gets a little out of controll. eight 13 year olds playing and arguing over video games at 2 am.

My newphew is 7 yo and he and his friends have sleepovers. They have a lot of fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter