Boy killed by bus at Fort Wilderness

Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard this on the radio as I was packing up the motor home for our trip. I was just in shock for a few seconds. It's beyond words.

My family and I are here now on our first camping trip at the Fort. Just returned from Blizzard Beach and heard the heart wrenching news from our teenage son who stayed behind today. He said he and his friend heard a ton of sirens, but had no idea what had happened until it came on the news. No-one here has mentioned anything to us. May God bring this family strength to face the coming days and comfort to the driver as well. I thought the walkways were mighty close to the roads, but figured I was being paranoid. There is little room for error by either party. We brought our bikes, but stuck to the Camping loops and away from main loop.

So sad. My prayers go out to the family.

I heard on the news that the boy is from St Petersburg. I'm watching my local news for more info.

Very sad, our thoughts and prayers are with the family, the bus driver and all who witnessed this tragedy.

The evening news is reporting that the young man was 9 years old and was riding on the sidewalk when for some reason he left the sidewalk and hit the side of the bus. It is presumed that at that point the bus ran over him. He and the young girl he was riding with did have helmets on but as the news reported and the information officer from FHP the helmet was just not enough in this case. Everyone needs to be careful when riding on or near the roads - both bicycles and vehicles.

Truly sad how fast things can change in a moment, The poor girl has to be in shock along with the people on the bus.

It just makes me sick to think about it! It is so sad and is an unbelievable tragic accident! Our thoughts and prayers go out to the family of the little boy as well as the driver of the bus!

Doug / datgrt@fw

So sorry to hear about this. If the family is from St. Pete, I'm sure our local news will have more tonight.

Haven't checked in here in months as have several projects working right now, but just wanted to express my sorrow somehow and instantly thought to head here.
Prayers to family, the driver and the 11 year old girl who saw it all and was a close friend of the 9 year old boy. The driver has been at Disney for 30 years....
This just insn't suppose to happen, not at the Fort. You always hope little ones have a safe haven from all the "bad" things out there.
God Bless and strength to all involved.

Our thoughts and prayers are with the family of the little boy and the driver of the bus. How awful for all.

Very sad - thoughts and prayers with all parties involved. Particularly the bus driver and family of the young man.

Tragedies happen nearly every day in nearly every state and but it bothers the heck out of me when they involved kids. Also harder to hear when it happens in one of the happiest places on earth.

It is a very sad day. This is one of the absolute worst things that could happen to a family. We will keep them in our thoughts.

I'm so upset about this. We were there just a few weeks ago and had 5 kids aged 4-15 riding all over the place. I feel so sad for that family.

Just read about this online.

Thoughts and prayers to all the families involved ... such a tragedy!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter