Bounceback Free Dining Program 2008. Where is everyone eating??

faindrops27

I love free DDP but love going on cruises too! My
Ok, I know this is way early. But, I know that chatting will make the time go by. This thread is for the people who love to eat disney food, and have booked the free dining bounceback program for 2008.

I am currently booked at the Coronado Springs Resort, for the bounceback dining package. The places, I will dine, I think, or hope to dine, over my 8 night vacation are.

Ohana
Kona, for dinner, and a OOP breakfast
Boma
Wolfgang Puck'
Teppan Edo
Italy?:confused3
Lecellier's
Yak & Yeti

However, this list may change, as my husband is trying to convince me not to go solo, and to take my 3 year old daughter. Even though we all will be going in 2009 together. If, I do take my little muffin. I will add a character meal, or 2.

Where will you, and your family eat, next year?

i have booked 9 nights All Star Movies 09/17-09/26/08 with free dining
i have ever chosen TS Restaurants :

-Ohana two times
-Kona Cafe
-Teppan Edo
-Le Cellier
-Cap'n Jack
-Tusker House
-Coral Reef
-Raglan Road or Chief Mickey

maybe some changes during the futur months:lmao:

I love your choices! If I take my daughter. I will stay at POP. If not. Then CSR here I come!! My dates are 9/16-9/24. However, if I downsize to the POP. I may stay for an extra night.

I see in your signature that you went to Cali, and Disneyworld! How cool is that!! I went to Disneyland, and Universal Hollywood in April, and then to Disneyworld in Aug/Sept. I loved Disneyland!! I miss the monte cristo, and that overly sweet Mint Julep I had there. I think thier attractions, are so great there!! The castle was so cute. I miss it!

You can see I ramble. I can talk for hours about Disney!!

Thanks much for your post!:goodvibes

We opted for the deluxe plan (at this point), so there are sooooooooooo many places we can try now without using up the bulk of our credits. We don't want to give up on our old favorites either, so maybe we can squeeze in a lunch at Le Cellier and Coral Reef, and still have time/credits for CRT, California Grill, Narcosees, etc etc etc. Also interested in doing CM, CP, GF, Boma, etc for breakfast. Looks like we'll be using all those extra credits!

We're hoping for 4 or 5 nights, this time at AKL!!!

- We'll be back at Chef Mickey's, my nephew's favorite, to try dinner.
- Mom has spoken up for Boma, probably dinner again.
- I am thinking 1900 Park Fare for Breakfast. We did the Cindy dinner when my 5yo cousin was with us, but with a boy the breakfast characters are probably better. I'm thinking late breakfast so its more like a lunch meal on an early MK day.
- Spoodles(D), GF Cafe(L) and Kona(D) are also in the running
- Jiko, might let Mom use 2TS for a solo dinner while nephew and I do CS or Beaches and Cream /mini golf one night

I called today in order to book a room at the POP for Sept1-Sept8 2008 which are dates included in the free dining plan and was told those reservations could ONLY be booked from a disney resort. In other words I would have to be in a resort right now (a current resort guest) to make those reservations, although I could book the reservation with PAID dining plan with no problem.
IS THIS TRUE?? has anyone booked reservations for the free dining plan from home?
I was told that the free ddp flyers in the resort rooms had a special reservations phone number that guests called to book those reservations, does anyone have this phone number?
When I called early in the day to find out about the dining plan, the CM gave the ZSM code to me, and was ready to take my reservation, but I was not prepared to book yet because I had JUST HEARD about it. When I called the second time is when I was informed that I had to be a current resort guest. Should I keep calling and hoping to get a CM thats ready to take the reservation?
CALGONE...TAKE ME AWAY!!!!

When I stayed last November, we were offered the bounce back program for free dining in 2007. It clearly stated on the flier that you had to book BEFORE you checked out, and I believe that it did have a certain number, but they also had special desks set up at the various resorts. Even if someone was willing to give a person the number on the flier, I'm sure that they have a way of knowing if you're calling from the resort or not. I'm hoping that they offer it again over the holidays, but we'll see.:goodvibes

I booked next year - POP - 10 nights 9-14 thru 9-24. We booked white at POP from 9-12 - 9-18, this year.

Alright - I wanna eat at:

* Garden Grill
* Brown Derby
* Sci Fi
* San Angel Inn
* Liberty Tree Tavern
* Chef Mickey's Breakfast!!!

I dunno - anyone else have any suggestions? :listen:

We'll be at AKL from August 30 - September 6.

Since we'll have a 2-year-old and a picky 10-year-old, we'll probably hit a lot of character meals or buffets just to play it safe. Here's the tentative list so far:

Boma (I can see us eating there at least twice)
Garden Grill
Liberty Tree Tavern
Le Cellier
'Ohana (breakfast)
50's Prime Time Cafe

How do you get free dining in Sept 2008?

I haven't booked our holiday yet. We are planning on going Sept 22 - Oct 2 next year. There will be 5 of us traveling - Hubby (diabetic on 4400 cals a day) my cousin (big appetite), my sons (ages 16 & 17) and myself (I don't eat much but what I do eat tends to be alot of seafood).

I am planning on booking the dining package, anyways. Any money I can save on this trip for food would be a blessing!

AFL

Bounceback dining dates are Aug30-Sept27/08. Currently only being offered to current Disney Resort Guest who must make reservations before checking out of their resort. For the last couple of years the plan has been offered to the public in or around the month of June. If it is indeed offered to the public again this year, Im sure those on the DISboards will be of the first to know....these guys know everything before their supposed to!!! These boards are a GREAT source of information. Heck, if another board finds out something before the DISers, the steal the info and post it over here in a flash...so, by all means, stay tuned!!!

Hey welcome to everyone!!

CathrynRose, How was your trip? Mine was wonderful, but very HOT!!!!!!I was there just a little before you. Aug27-Sept 5th. I had such terrible depression once home. I am finally getting around to posting again. Anyway, glad you chimed in. Maybe, I should stay at POP again. I really wanted to try CSR, but if I stay at POP. I can stay longer. Seems like, a no-brainer to me. Yet, I am still wavering!!
:confused3

BigDaddy, watch for the bounceback, if offered to the public (which I hope will be, for those waiting) as early as April. It is definately worth it!

Frannn, now you have me thinking about the Deluxe Plan. It would be cost effective with just me, or with my baby girl. Can you explain, what you get with the Deluxe Dining? It is 3 credits per day right? A snack, and a refillable mug. If so. I could eat a sitdown breakfastm, in the a.m. Then, eat dinner at Jiko', and every other signature I have yet to try. Hmmmm.

Frannn, now you have me thinking about the Deluxe Plan. It would be cost effective with just me, or with my baby girl. Can you explain, what you get with the Deluxe Dining? It is 3 credits per day right? A snack, and a refillable mug. If so. I could eat a sitdown breakfastm, in the a.m. Then, eat dinner at Jiko', and every other signature I have yet to try. Hmmmm.

The discounted bounce back deluxe dining is $32 per adult per night and includes 3 meals (CS or TS) per night per person, 2 snacks per night, and a refillable mug for each person. I believe the child cost (3-9) is discounted to $10 per night.

I was considering it, but that would add $672 for the 3 of us (the nephew's considered an adult), plus tips for all the TS meals. For our situation, it wouldn't be worth the expense. Now if it were just DH and I, maybe.

It is tempting though!

I find that on top of the extra money for the DDP, you have to tip for the two extra meals a day. We have 2 adults and 2 kids that are considered adults on the DP. Our meals were on average $140 a pop. Having to tip on say...... $250 a day...... would be an additional 45 dollars a day. And not to mention how much food you would get and the amount my children would waste. If it was just me and DH I might consider it but not with the kids. The time it would take to eat three meals a day TS would be high also.

Hi Melissa! We booked again too for next September, we're going later this time though the 18-27th. The boys really want to stay at Pop again, so that is where we will be staying.

Must eat at:
Kona
LeCellier
Chef Mickey's
WCC
Coral Reef (I could skip it but the boys outvoted me)
Teppan Edo (since we missed it this year)

Can't wait!

Bouncing back for a late Sept. week again 2008.

must do again:
LeCellier
Coral Reef
Cap't Jacks

maybe again:
SanAngle
Rose and Crown

something new:
Teppan Edo
Spoodles

last day breakfast:
Boma (again) or Crystal Palace (new)

Bouncing Back September 1 - 9. Our TS's will include:

LeCellier
Crystal Palace (breakfast)
Liberty Tree Tavern (lunch)
Mama Melrose
Plaza Restaurant

We want to try Whispering Canyon and Cape May Cafe (breakfast...we've done dinner)

We may go back to Tony's Town Square or Biergarten. It will depend on our friends who are coming for the first time ever to Disney and we want to give them some choices.

We are bouncing back, staying at Pop (not SSR this time) with free dining, September 14 -26! My birthday is the 16th so I get to celebrate at WDW! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter