• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Boston's Run to Remember

MickeySP

Cruisin with sunnies & cold longnecks
I am doing this for the first time this year, the 1/2.

Just wondering if anyone here is or has done this one?

Any pointers at all would be appreciated, this is only my 2nd 1/2.

This will be my first year, too.

My plan is to not have any pace expectations. There's no way to know if we'll be running in sub-zero weather or the 50s!!!!! I'll ask around, if I find anyone with experience I'll pick their brain!

As race time gets closer, we should try to meet up (with Lynn, too). That would be nice. Do you have a planned pace in mind?

Sunny

Sunny(plutosmyfav) and I are both registered to do it also. I've been to Boston exactly twice in my life- once for the Boston Pops 4th concert on the Esplanade and the other time to see Bon Jovi at the Garden so I really know nothing about it. From the website, they seem to care about runner amenities and hey, there's bling. Basically it fits well in my training plan as it falls right at the junction of the season prep and the FL Half Ironman race specific build so I signed up to do it.

Lynn, I didn't realize you've only been to Boston twice. I was under the impression you zip down all the time! We'll definitely work something out to meet. I plan to park at the Alewife T station and take the subway in. That might be a good place to meet. I avoid driving into Boston at nearly all costs.

The Alewife station is right off of Route 2, which is an exit off of 95, real easy to get to without knowing where you are.

I work in Southie so Boston, so will probably hop the T or get a ride in with one of the guys here.

My pace, well I was walker at the 1/2 so I did a 14:30 pace. I had a few circumstances, mostly having had the stomach bug for 2 days prior. I am hoping to improve. I am sure I am nowhere near your pace, you look like real runner - LOL!

I have signed for a couple more and am hoping to slowly reach a decent time level. I jusr don't want to look foolish by being last one in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter