Borrowed points and modifying

Carrie932

Earning My Ears
I know I have read that currently/temporarily if a reservation is cancelled that had borrowed points that they are being put back into the year they were borrowed from. What about with modifications? I modified a reservation to one that needed fewer points a couple weeks ago and the points have stayed in the use year of my trip...is that something that can be fixed or does it only apply to cancellations not modifications? Thanks!

If what was freed up when you modified were borrowed points, then those should go back. They tend to sweep up on Thursdays but can take two weeks to go back,

When modifying, the only way borrowed points get returned is if the trip was booked with only banked and borrowed points. It will always use those first, so if you had any current UY points, those would be what went back.

If what was returned was indeed borrowed points, and it’s been a few weeks, give them a call...or send an email requesting they be returned per the temporary policy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter