borrow points / used year / GV...etc

adamak

DIS Veteran
I hope this question make sense.

My use year is Oct. I want to try for a GV in Jan 2005, which means I need to book in Jan 04. I pretty much need 3 years worth of points (ie, bank previous years & borrow from next yr).

In Jan 04, do I already 'have' the points from 10/04? Or am I borrowing from 10/04? If so, can I still borrow those points from 10/05? In other words, can I bank 10/2003 points, and borrow 10/05 points in Jan 04?

(I don't think I could.... if that's the case, then there is no way for me to get a GV in Jan... very disappointed)

Good NEWS!!! YES YOU CAN!!!

Don't think of it as how many points you will have when MAKING the ressie, think of how many points you will have as of the DATE of the ressie. Example: I have 35 points banked. I have an August use year. I travel in January. I just called a week ago to make a reservation for January 04 worth over 100 points, but really right at this moment all I've got is 35 in the bank. The points won't be in my account for this trip until August '03, but I can still make the ressie and it is NOT considered borrowing.

If I wanted to make a larger reservation for January 04, I could take into account my current banked points, the points I will get in August AND then borrow the points I would get in August 04, and STILL travel in January 04.

You should be okay with what you want to do. But also remember, you can only make a ressie at your home resort 11 months in advance and only 7 months if it's NOT your home resort.

I hope that makes sense to you.:)

Yup. This is definitely good news. Now all I need is to get lucky for the GV ressie.

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter