Borrow 50% from next year

mort1331

DIS Veteran

So I know this rule came out this year, but it doesnt seem to be a new one.
Just finished watching the original promo video for DVC, and at that time they mention borrow up to 50% from next year.
Wonder when it changed to 100%?
Just thought it was interesting. As things are always changing, and we know lots of people dont like change.

In the Membership Agreement and rules in the POS that existed in January 1992 for OKW (then called the Disney Vacation Club) it was 50%. In the Membership Agreement and rules in the initially issued BWV POS in August 1996 it was 100%. So sometime in-between it changed.

Last edited:
Is it still at 50%? I was kind of hoping this would have changed back by now
I called MS last week to purchase OTU points to complete a reservation, and the MS member spoke to a supervisor who offered to approve me to "overborrow" to complete the reservation. Granted, it was only 3 extra points I needed, but it seems like the rule is not hard and fast if you call.

I called MS last week to purchase OTU points to complete a reservation, and the MS member spoke to a supervisor who offered to approve me to "overborrow" to complete the reservation. Granted, it was only 3 extra points I needed, but it seems like the rule is not hard and fast if you call.
That's awesome! I only need one extra point for the one I'm looking at.

Thank you for the tip!

I just had someone reject me on overborrowing by 1 point. So it sounds like maybe you either got lucky or it had to do with timing of the trip.

Annoyingly, they also couldn't see the room available that I could plainly see as available on the website, so they couldn't even sell me the OTU point.

Regarding borrowing, if I have an August use Year, can I borrow 50% of my 2021 UY for a trip in July and then borrow 50% from 2022 UY for a trip in December?
Or is it a total of 50% of a contract for all future bookings?

They allowed me to overborrow one point...she explained that since I had a couple of 25 point add ons - half of which resulted in 12.5 points each - so the .5 and .5 equaled one point!!! She double checked with a "lead" (supervisor?) and also made a note on my reservation.

They allowed me to overborrow one point...she explained that since I had a couple of 25 point add ons - half of which resulted in 12.5 points each - so the .5 and .5 equaled one point!!! She double checked with a "lead" (supervisor?) and also made a note on my reservation.
Even though there is a note on your reservation, keep an eye on it - the "cancel & put back overborrowed points" program may not be able to handle exceptions. Keeping 🤞 that it all works out and you have a wonderful time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter