Booking World Of Color dessert party?

Pluto468

DIS Veteran
I know there are a couple of WOC threads floating around but I'm trying to find out specifically about booking. This is the one big extra we really want to do, so I want to be prepared for tomorrow morning.

I've been checking the app every morning to get an idea of what time I need to start the day I actually book, but there's never any availability. I'm not sure if they sell out lightning-fast, or if I'm looking at the wrong time.

Do these reservations drop at 6am PST? 3am PST?

For those who got a reservation after that fist day with the virtual queue, what time did you book? Did you use some kind of strategy?

I think it releases at 6am PT, but I could be wrong. I was booking other restaurants first, then the dessert party. Both times were always available just after 6am PT, when I finished booking the others. I didn't try booking on the opening day, just the days after.

Just an update from my experience today. Today was 60 days for me and I checked at 2:45 AM Pacific Time (using the browser, not the App) and was able to book the Dessert Party at that time.

But also note that when I checked later out of curiosity around 5 AM Pacific Time, both showings were still available to book so it may not be super-critical right now to wake up in the middle of the night.

I have an update, too. I checked at 2am and they weren't available, but at 3am they were. I checked out of curiosity around 6:30 and there were reservations for the 9:00 dessert party, but they sold out fast.

I'm so glad people have been reporting about this, because I assumed they would drop at 6am and I would have missed it.

I have an update, too. I checked at 2am and they weren't available, but at 3am they were. I checked out of curiosity around 6:30 and there were reservations for the 9:00 dessert party, but they sold out fast.

I'm so glad people have been reporting about this, because I assumed they would drop at 6am and I would have missed it.
So was it showing unavailable or the date hadn’t released yet? I am 02:07 and saying not available but date released

When I booked my reservation for July at 60 days out, I used the website and not the app. Went to the WOC Dessert page and chose my date and the 2 different show times popped up. You pre-pay for each person in your party. I was able to do this around 5:20 am PST, and this was about week and a half ago when I did my booking.

For other dining options, I used the app, and would already be signed into my account, and on the date of reservation I wanted and would choose my time frame and let it kick it back to me saying nothing is available, and then hit refresh starting at 05:59am. They release all other dining reservations at 06:00am PST on the dot. I can say within the first 3 minutes Oga's Cantina were all grabbed as well as Trader Sam's.

On my day I was not able to get the party for my group, so I did an online reservation finder. Now I'm getting alerts nearly every day. I highly recommend this service. It really works.

(We ended up dropping this reservation when I saw pictures of the desserts. I was expecting dessert parties like in WDW, with big buffets of beautiful treats, not a pre-plated assortment of stuff I can get at the grocery store. Also, the drink menu is incredibly limited, so for the two included drinks, you're kind of at their mercy. So disappointing!)

On my day I was not able to get the party for my group, so I did an online reservation finder. Now I'm getting alerts nearly every day. I highly recommend this service. It really works.

(We ended up dropping this reservation when I saw pictures of the desserts. I was expecting dessert parties like in WDW, with big buffets of beautiful treats, not a pre-plated assortment of stuff I can get at the grocery store. Also, the drink menu is incredibly limited, so for the two included drinks, you're kind of at their mercy. So disappointing!)

For me (and many others) the dessert part of the WOC Dessert Party is just a bonus; the money is for the seats! :)

For me (and many others) the dessert part of the WOC Dessert Party is just a bonus; the money is for the seats! :)
Yes the seat and pre-reserved show time. I can go about my day without having to be in competition during the 12pm virtual que race. I had to do that last November for ROTR and fortunately I was able to get it twice out of the 5 days I was there. (and I did try everyday, the thing is lots of others want the same opportunity too)

For my upcoming trip in July I pre-reserved all the shows. Yes I'm paying for the experience but I'm willing to do that in exchange for having my spot reserved and I can do other things up until show time if I choose to.

Yes the seat and pre-reserved show time. I can go about my day without having to be in competition during the 12pm virtual que race. I had to do that last November for ROTR and fortunately I was able to get it twice out of the 5 days I was there. (and I did try everyday, the thing is lots of others want the same opportunity too)

For my upcoming trip in July I pre-reserved all the shows. Yes I'm paying for the experience but I'm willing to do that in exchange for having my spot reserved and I can do other things up until show time if I choose to.
I agree! We have reservations for River Belle Fanstasmic package, World of Color Dessert Party, and Plaza Inn Dining Package for the MSEP. This is our daughter’s last trip before she turns 3 so we only have to pay for 2 of us still and we don’t really buy souvenirs or anything, so I feel ok spending the money for these experiences. Plus, it’s so hard to wait with a toddler or stand for a long show while holding them up. These are our only reservations besides Trader Sam’s on arrival night.

I agree! We have reservations for River Belle Fanstasmic package, World of Color Dessert Party, and Plaza Inn Dining Package for the MSEP. This is our daughter’s last trip before she turns 3 so we only have to pay for 2 of us still and we don’t really buy souvenirs or anything, so I feel ok spending the money for these experiences. Plus, it’s so hard to wait with a toddler or stand for a long show while holding them up. These are our only reservations besides Trader Sam’s on arrival night.
We have the exact same res plus Storytellers because I love the GCH vibe/decor. I'm not going to ride a lot of the rides so I'm paying a premium to at least be comfortable watching the shows/parades.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter