Booking through a convention?

VeronicaZS

DIS Veteran
I may be attending a conference at the Yacht club but won't know for sure until corporate budgets are figured out later this year. The hotel block is open and I want to lock in a room just in case. Can I even book a room before I officially register for the event? If I end up not getting approved to go, do the cancellation policies follow the normal Disney rules? If I do book it, do I manage the reservation like a normal reservation in MDE?

I may be attending a conference at the Yacht club but won't know for sure until corporate budgets are figured out later this year. The hotel block is open and I want to lock in a room just in case. Can I even book a room before I officially register for the event? If I end up not getting approved to go, do the cancellation policies follow the normal Disney rules? If I do book it, do I manage the reservation like a normal reservation in MDE?

Yes you can book it via convention rates now, as long as they are available.
We did that before signing up for the convention (just to make sure the rates were still available)
I believe that to make modifications, you have to go through the convention link. That's what I recall it saying. But we didn't modify anything so I have no idea...

I booked a room for a convention at CSR and received a confirmation from the organization that is putting on the conference. Within their confirmation email was a link to make any changes to my hotel reservation.
Two days after booking the room I had to make a change and clicked the link on their email.

On their email is an Acknowledgment Number but MDE didn't recognize that as a Confirmation Number when I tried to add the hotel to my account. Figured I'd call Group Ticketing later on (convention is Nov 2024) to have them help me with the resort confirmation number to add to MDE.

I think it would depend on the how the conference registration is set up. My company just held a conference at Grand Floridian. You could not register for the hotel block until you registered for the conference. Once your conference registration was paid for, you were sent a link for the hotel block reservation.

^^ I agree, when our company has held various conferences @ Disney that is also how it worked. It wouldn't make sense if any random person could claim the discounted rate without actually being part of the conference/convention.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter