Booking Rivera

Cyberc1978

DIS Veteran
So I just got my new contract setup at BWV.

The contract was purchased after 1/19 restrictions.

For the fun of it I tried to book Rivera and it worked just fine.

Did I miss a memo that Disney now allows new resale owners/contracts to book Rivera anyway?

Full disclosure I’ve been a member for years but I used my new contract to book Rivera and that should not be possible.

So I just got my new contract setup at BWV.

The contract was purchased after 1/19 restrictions.

For the fun of it I tried to book Rivera and it worked just fine.

Did I miss a memo that Disney now allows new resale owners/contracts to book Rivera anyway?

Full disclosure I’ve been a member for years but I used my new contract to book Rivera and that should not be possible.
Probably Disney IT missed the memo :sad2:

I was about to post the same thing. I have a 1BR booked with SSR points purchased in April. I did this as a test only. Perhaps it’s because we have some direct points?

At first I thought it was because I used a combination of direct and resale points but alas it works either way. I can hold onto the reservation for a bit to see if they do anything..

Interesting. I wonder if it lets you book as long as you have some qualifying points (i.e. direct or resale prior to 1/19). Could be that they just haven't set up the IT yet, though you'd think they'd have figured that out by now since it's been 5 months.

So you didn't complete the booking, right? I have to think if you try to complete the booking it will not be allowed. Let's us know

So you didn't complete the booking, right? I have to think if you try to complete the booking it will not be allowed. Let's us know
I read Aussie RJ's post to indicate s/he had already booked a room. It shouldn't if matter some points qualify. It shouldn't be possible to use restricted points for DRR. I wouldn't be surprised if this is an IT issue.

Last edited:
I just booked a room at Riviera with my post 1/19 VGC points to see if it worked too. I got the confirmation and everything. Weird. I did cancel mine because I didn’t need it, but this thread made me curious.

The contract that I used is for a separate membership only containing the new contract.

I wonder if I’m eligible to book Rivera with the contract since I own 25 points direct event though it’s on another membership number.

Were any or all of you in the process of purchasing resale and the contract submitted to ROFR by January 19, 2019? If that is the case then your new points could be grandfathered in.

I suspect that if you are a new resale purchaser after January 19, 2019, an alert is sent to Member Services and a CM has to manually cancel your reservation at the Riviera. For those that already are grandfathered, I am still surprised that you can use the newly purchased points at Riviera.

Were any or all of you in the process of purchasing resale and the contract submitted to ROFR by January 19, 2019? If that is the case then your new points could be grandfathered in.

I suspect that if you are a new resale purchaser after January 19, 2019, an alert is sent to Member Services and a CM has to manually cancel your reservation at the Riviera. For those that already are grandfathered, I am still surprised that you can use the newly purchased points at Riviera.

My contract was submitted after 1/19 so “normally” I would not qualify however I’ve been a resale and direct member for years.

This was a new UY that was created with points purchased post 1/19. I can’t remember he exact date, but that contract was sent off to ROFR in late January or early February. No points in this UY should be eligible for Riviera.

This was a new UY that was created with points purchased post 1/19. I can’t remember he exact date, but that contract was sent off to ROFR in late January or early February. No points in this UY should be eligible for Riviera.
My contract was sent to ROfR in March so it definitely shouldn’t be eligible for booking Rivera.

Do we have any confirmation from anyone that they can’t book Rivera with their new resale contract?

If not it could be that Disney have softened up and removed the restriction again without notice?

My contract was sent to ROfR in March so it definitely shouldn’t be eligible for booking Rivera.

Do we have any confirmation from anyone that they can’t book Rivera with their new resale contract?

If not it could be that Disney have softened up and removed the restriction again without notice?
Very interesting. My first contract is restricted resale points purchased in March and followed with RIV direct, same use year. I just tested my resale points and was able to make a reservation in Dec with them.

I'd be thrilled for them to work going forward, but it definitely seems more like a glitch they'll catch and close soon than a policy change.

I don't actually need the room so I'll cancel it, but I will be curious to see if/when they catch on if they honor reservations made, or will cancel them. Anyone who intends to find out please keep us posted.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter