Booking not using banked points

CookieandOatmeal

DIS Veteran
I'm trying to make a reservation for April this morning and no matter what I do, the system is not using all of my banked points. I have 100 banked points spread between two contracts and my reservation is 104 points. It will use banked and current points on one contract before it will use some of the banked points on the other. Anyone having this issue too? Tips how to fix it?

For quite some time now, there has been a glitch in the reservation system that some have seen happen. After you get to the page that allows you to choose contracts and click to get result, it will not show that it took all the banked points despite that the rule is to use banked points first.

However, if you just continue doing the reservation, then when you get to the last page confirming the reservation and showing points left, it will show that banked points were, in fact, used first (and if it does not just cancel and call MS)

@drusba I've gone to the end and it shows the points used. I have a 70pt and 30pt contract with 70pts and 30pts banked respectively. If I select the 70pt contract first, it will show all 104pts used from that contract and none from the 30pt one. I attached a screenshot of when I do the 30pt contract first and it uses up all 60pts. Am I just missing something or is it really not using all the banked points?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-05-19 at 8.36.36 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-05-19 at 8.36.36 AM.png
    59.2 KB · Views: 20
As others have reported, sometimes going to the end does not solve the problem so you may need to call MS.

Did you actual confirm the booking? It will usually pull correctly once you actually confirm, even though that screen shows it’s not.

@Sandisw I did not since it wasn't showing correctly. I know its banked/current points so it's not like I'm doing a final transaction. It's definitely throwing me off...how they show the points being used. I'm on the phone with MS now though.

@Sandisw I did not since it wasn't showing correctly. I know its banked/current points so it's not like I'm doing a final transaction. It's definitely throwing me off...how they show the points being used. I'm on the phone with MS now though.

Yeah...don’t know why it shows It like that, but it will definitely pull correctly by the end!

Did you actual confirm the booking? It will usually pull correctly once you actually confirm, even though that screen shows it’s not.

It always freaks me out when it lists what points will be used, but once you make the reservation it does actually pull the points correctly.

I have had that happen. I complete the reservation and then call to have them reallocate the points to use the banked ones first as expected. Took just a few minutes.

For quite some time now,

Quite some time - that's being very polite of you. AFAIK it's always done it and will probably continue to do it until 2042.

When people ask if you've gone to the end you actually just need to finalize the booking. I do this more often than is probably proper to admit. The only time it will show the correct points before you finalize the booking is if it is only current points. If banked or borrowed are involved it will tell you an incorrect amount but it will take it correctly. I've never had it not. Just hit the book button and once it finalizes there will be a link to show the point summary. That is where you will see the actual points it has taken.

There is also a page after you finalize that gives you the option to cancel before you leave that page if you are not satisfied with the way points were used.
It says, once you leave this page your points will be subject to all published rules, but while on that page you can cancel.

@KAT4DISNEY Guess I'll just have to force myself to hit submit at the last page next time! Thanks for the reassurance.

I still remember my Disney IT fear the 1st time I did it! :laughing:

I kind of shared but just to finish - even when you finalize you will need to click on the link of point summary to see what banked and what current points it took because what displays for you on the confirmation page won't reflect what it's actually done. :confused3 And as mentioned, if it doesn't work, you can then select the link to cancel the booking which will undo it as if it never happened.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter