• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Booking Magical Express?

Laurelinarien

Newbie Planner
This February is gonna be my first trip to WDW and I was wondering how the Magical Express works.. so I've been reading here and in other websites about it.
I've found that you're supposed to let Disney know you'll be using the Magical Express (aka, booking the seats).. but I can't find where to do that.

So:
1. Where can I book Magical Express especifically? (meaning where in the MDE app or website can I find that option).

2. Am I too early to do it? Should I wait till 30 days ahead?

3. My bf is the one who actually bought the park tickets & booked the hotel so, does he have to be the one to book ME for us?

Thanks everyone!

1. Where can I book Magical Express especifically? (meaning where in the MDE app or website can I find that option).

2. Am I too early to do it? Should I wait till 30 days ahead?

3. My bf is the one who actually bought the park tickets & booked the hotel so, does he have to be the one to book ME for us?

1. You can call and add DME by phone or fill out this form: https://secure.reservations.disney.go.com/ibcwdw/en_US/dme/dmeform Just FYI that you aren't booking seats, just space on a bus when you arrive and depart.

2. No, do it now. They mail you luggage tags about 30 days in advance that you will need to add to your luggage the day you leave if you want Magical Express to handle your bags. One of the benefits of Magical Express is that you do not need to go to baggage claim at the Orlando airport because Disney will collect all bags with these yellow tags and deliver them directly to your room at your resort. However - it does take 3-4 hours to receive the luggage after you check-in, and the luggage service is not available for arrivals after 10pm.

3. No, you can do it. You just need the reservation information.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter