Booking Frustration!

Why do you think Disney should be allowed to operate with no teansparency?

Point chart fiasco x 2
Aulani Dues fiasco
Taxes fiasco
Okw extension fiasco
VGC closure fiasco
Those are some of the bigger ones.

All these are due to either incompetence or negligence. They scream that professional oversight is needed. You can tell me until you are blue in the face that we have to assume Disney will play by the rules, nothing has shown that to actually be the case in the last 10 years. Heck id argue that giving away their points was likely against the rules.

Transparency doesn’t mean we get to dictate to them what they have to share with us.

I simply don’t agree with you that we have a right to micromanage what they, as another owner, do with their points or the points other owners gave them to pay for a trade.

The contract is clear where it comes to breakage. 60 days out, it’s fair game.

They can anticipate based on trends. If someone wants more info on that aspect, ask for it.

We all got into this knowing how much control Disney had and how difficult it would be to replace them. So we monitor and ask for clarification for things we are entitled to know.

If people want more oversight then take steps to do it.

Sorry, I base my opinions on the situation.

Transparency doesn’t mean we get to dictate to them what they have to share with us.

I simply don’t agree with you that we have a right to micromanage what they, as another owner, do with their points or the points other owners gave them to pay for a trade.

The contract is clear where it comes to breakage. 60 days out, it’s fair game.

They can anticipate based on trends. If someone wants more info on that aspect, ask for it.

We all got into this knowing how much control Disney had and how difficult it would be to replace them. So we monitor and ask for clarification for things we are entitled to know.

If people want more oversight then take steps to do it.

Sorry, I base my opinions on the situation.

Showing they are properly using their points is not a stretch on what should be required. Showing they are not taking advantage of their position and trumping owners to get what they want isnt too much to ask.

Showing they are properly using their points is not a stretch on what should be required. Showing they are not taking advantage of their position and trumping owners to get what they want isnt too much to ask.

We disagree on that. So let’s get back to the thread. Short term booking has always been hard.

Now, with all the extra points it’s even harder. All owners can do is book as soon as they can, even if it has to be canceled later.

I agree, but isn’t DVC supposed to be a fiduciary. They are supposed to put the members interest ahead of their own. They seem to be forgetting this more and more lately. Especially with the point charts the past 3 years.

Oh no. Or rather, they aren't just OUR fiduciary. They are also legally obligated to act in the best interest of their stockholders. Obviously, there are conflicts on interest in these two competing fiduciary responsibilities, but expect members to come out on the low end. Shareholder lawsuits are a much bigger deal than the timeshare members suing them.

Which they do, to the auditors. And if you wish, you can make an appointment with member accounting and go through their paperwork. Other members have done so in the past. Note that auditing points usage like this is going to be a big complicated process, and you are not entitled to Disney's help in figuring it out.

Also figure in all the foreign owners who thought they'd be traveling to the US by now. They've been holding their points in anticipation, and booking what they can before they expire to put up for rent to recoup their annual dues, for what is essentially a useless investment for them at the moment. Once foreign travel ramps back up, expect availability to get even tighter with all those saved up points some people may still be holding instead of renting. Until foreign travel opens up, there will be a LOT of rentals and a LOT of breakage inventory.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter