Booking 2021 flights

Star3

Mouseketeer
Is anyone else considering booking flights for late 2021? We had our hotel and park tickets booked before lockdown. Is it wishful thinking that we will be able to travel to America by November 2021?

I hope not. My brother, his wife and my cousin all had to cancel their flights to visit us in Michigan last summer. They are hoping to come this summer. I think they are looking at booking something around February/March time in the hopes they can come. They were supposed to fly over on KLM and they were wonderful when they had to cancel the flight.

Is anyone else considering booking flights for late 2021? We had our hotel and park tickets booked before lockdown. Is it wishful thinking that we will be able to travel to America by November 2021?
I've got the resort and park tickets (and park passes) for Oct/Nov booked for £50 deposit.
I'm sitting on the flights until things are way clearer than at present. Probably Easter or beyond before I'll even think about booking those.
BUT ... I'm booked for 14 nights, so not looking to save a few £. If I have to book business class 2 weeks before departure or fly via Singapore to get there - so be it. (I hope not, but we are in strange times.)

We have just booked flights Oct / Nov in ba sale.

Price was really good. I had hoped to try add 1 night hotel on so I could just pay a deposit but the price went up almost £500 ,and that was choosing the cheapest hotel .

Ended up paying in full and booking flight only.

I will book everything else very last month minute. Although I would have preferred to only have a deposit paid to risk , the flights were cheap enough for me to be willing to risk the amount we paid if we either can't go or choose not to go ( none of us are willing to be tested or vaccinated to travel if required )

We have just booked flights Oct / Nov in ba sale.

Price was really good. I had hoped to try add 1 night hotel on so I could just pay a deposit but the price went up almost £500 ,and that was choosing the cheapest hotel .

Ended up paying in full and booking flight only.

I will book everything else very last month minute. Although I would have preferred to only have a deposit paid to risk , the flights were cheap enough for me to be willing to risk the amount we paid if we either can't go or choose not to go ( none of us are willing to be tested or vaccinated to travel if required )
I also just booked flights for Dec 2021 because of the great price. Hopefully things will be back to normal..ish by then.
And I have resort reservations for April and September but no flights. I will be moving the April reservation to December and will add a flight to the September booking if traveling becomes possible again.
Honestly it is nice to have something to look forward to..even if it is just wishful thinking at this point :teeth:

We booked our flights for September. BA had refunded flights booked for a different trip cancelled due to Covid so we decided just to put the money towards new flights.

I'm happy to be tested and/or vaccinated if it's a requirement for travel, and my view at the moment is if I'm allowed to go, I'm going. If we weren't allowed to travel, we'd change our flights, make other plans same as we did last time.

The only thing that worries me a little is the vaccine situation. If it's a requirement for travel and it hasn't been rolled out to us yet I don't know how that impacts anything. It's a risk I was willing to take to have a trip booked to look forward to.

I've had one trip cancelled (run Disney event February 2021) but hadn't booked the flights, just my 10k race bib and Disney hotel/ticket. Our other trip in August 2021 that's been planned for over a year but not yet booked because of COVID is still up in the air. I'm reluctant to book anything for the following reasons:

1. ESTA travel is not permitted, who knows when UK holidaymakers will be allowed entry again.
2. US situation is dire, so even if we are allowed in, I cannot quarantine on return (if UK stipulates this) because of my job.
3. Even worse, the US could implement a quarantine on arrival at any time.
4. Not being able to park hop, resort hop (without an ADR), no EMH, shortened park hours, and mask wearing in August heat.
5. The ever-changing rules that the Government on both sides implement at short notice could put an end to the holiday, e.g national lockdown = ban on travel.
6. Some of those scenarios would not allow for a refund or any claim on holiday insurance, meaning losing ALOT of money potentially.

Never in a million years when we went into lockdown last March did I think we'd still be in this terrible position in 2021.

We are still supposed to be going in april, but realistically we are just waiting for tui to cancel so we can get a refund. I would hold off until mid 2022 at this rate, I did the vaccine calculator yesterday and I am apparently going to get the vaccine between jan - june 2022....

I also just booked flights for Dec 2021 because of the great price. Hopefully things will be back to normal..ish by then.
And I have resort reservations for April and September but no flights. I will be moving the April reservation to December and will add a flight to the September booking if traveling becomes possible again.
Honestly it is nice to have something to look forward to..even if it is just wishful thinking at this point :teeth:

Ooh where did you find December dates ?

I've got an October stay- just cancelled May. I think there is a good chance it will go ahead, by then hopefully we will all be vaccinated in UK.
The thing is nobody can say for sure, there are so many variables in play at the moment its a risk booking anything this year sadly.

Whatever you book, make sure it's as flexible or refundable as possible.

my daughter and son in law have DVC reservations for this summer (august 2021).
They're waiting until much closer before they buy airline tickets.
Also, they haven't bought WDW tickets yet as they need the Gold AP which still isn't on sale.

At this point it's still early days as to whether they'll actually go...

meanwhile, my son tested positive this morning....
it was inevitable..
his 2 year old tested positive 10 days ago...
his wife tested positive yesterday
he tested positive today.. (they had tested negative last week)
the 5 and 6 year old still tested negative this morning, but it seems to be a matter of time..

i just hope they all only have mild symptoms...

oh and it's the UK strain which is spreading here like wildfire..

I just went on VA to look at flights for this Christmas and it says I still have an open ticket from last year's cancellation. I had a refund for that, so I'm confused and I'm not going to assume I still have an open ticket, I've contacted VA to clarify, but, has this happened to anyone else?
A few years ago I changed a flight and the guy on the phone made a mistake and it turned out I should have been charged £200 for the change and price difference, I had been told and had assumed it had come off my card. I got to Gatwick and was checking in and it came up on the computer that the £200 hadn't been taken out, their error. Thank goodness for online banking so I could go back and check if it had been taken out, it hadn't, but, the guy behind the desk handled it very badly and it made me feel embarrassed, I paid it because I knew I owed it by then. I complained to VA and they gave me 8000 air miles as compensation, but, it taught me to always check before assuming.

meanwhile, my son tested positive this morning....
it was inevitable..
his 2 year old tested positive 10 days ago...
his wife tested positive yesterday
he tested positive today.. (they had tested negative last week)
the 5 and 6 year old still tested negative this morning, but it seems to be a matter of time..

i just hope they all only have mild symptoms...

oh and it's the UK strain which is spreading here like wildfire..
How are your family now?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter