Booked a stay with DVC points- Do I get free parking?

JennaMcClain

Earning My Ears
I have a stay at Animal Kingdom Lodge today. I booked my stay using DVC points I rented from someone else. Do I still get free parking? I myself am not DVC, but parking should be free since I booked with DVC points, right?

I have a stay at Animal Kingdom Lodge today. I booked my stay using DVC points I rented from someone else. Do I still get free parking? I myself am not DVC, but parking should be free since I booked with DVC points, right?
Overnight parking at the resort should be complimentary because you're a guest staying on DVC points. Theme park parking should be free because you are a Disney hotel guest.

Overnight parking at the resort should be complimentary because you're a guest staying on DVC points. Theme park parking should be free because you are a Disney hotel guest.
Awesome. I wasn’t sure and just wanted to double check. Thanks for your help!

Sorry to reup this old thread but I didn't want to start a new one about the same question. I am staying my first night at POP, so will have to pay that day to park.

Question 1: Then the following day I start a 5 night stay at akl. We are thinking to just do an online check in on the app, and then can drive to the park and just use our magic bands to park at the animal kingdom park, before going back to the lodge that evening? (not sure it is the magic band that provides access, but even though we haven't gotten a room if we are scheduled to stay that night will we be able to simply pull up into the park early that morning without a problem?)

Question 2: If I then have a one night stay at a different DVC rental--lets just say at OKW for now even though I missed that one that became available yesterday-- for the night of the 22nd. Would we be able to just leave our car at the animal kingdom lodge, and still be covered as a dvc renter, even though we are at a different location the night of the 22nd?

Question 3: I spoke to the agent I booked my AKL ressie at and she said not to tell DIsney that we are renting or we will have to pay, to just act like we are the DVC members ourselves. Is that accurate?

1. Not a problem.

2. DVC has nothing to do with it, you can't park overnight at a resort where you're not a guest, whether paid or free.

3. No, your agent gave you bad info.

Everyone, no matter their membership status, gets free parking when staying on points. Additionally, "blue card" DVC members get free parking when staying on cash.

Dvc gets free parking at parks as well? We haven’t rented a car in a long time but are considering it when coming with kids and grandkids. Thanks

Dvc gets free parking at parks as well? We haven’t rented a car in a long time but are considering it when coming with kids and grandkids. Thanks
All on-property stays (including DVC Resorts) get free parking at the theme parks. It's not a perk of membership, so no free parking when staying off-site.

Using a car to go to a park will depend on when you plan to go. Since the reopening after the covid closing, there have been no trolleys in the theme park parking lots, thus requiring you to walk to the park from wherever you have parked, which can be a long way and extremely long at MK. Thus, using the resort bus system is currently the better option. When the trolleys will return has not been announced.

Using a car to go to a park will depend on when you plan to go. Since the reopening after the covid closing, there have been no trolleys in the theme park parking lots, thus requiring you to walk to the park from wherever you have parked, which can be a long way and extremely long at MK. Thus, using the resort bus system is currently the better option. When the trolleys will return has not been announced.
One way to somewhat alleviate that is to pay for preferred parking. When you get to the P-Lot gate, just ask the CM for preferred parking and you'll only pay the difference between standard parking (which you get free as a resort guest) and the preferred rate (the difference being $15 if I'm not mistaken). At MK it's huge savings in walking distance, maybe slightly less depending on arrival time at Epcot, HS, and AK. At MK, the preferred parking lot is really close to the tunnel under Seven Seas Drive, so it's maybe a 5 minute walk to the TTC.

Parking is covered by the dues which members pay for their points. So whether you are the member or renting points makes no difference. The parking has already been paid for in dues.

Sorry to reup this old thread but I didn't want to start a new one about the same question. I am staying my first night at POP, so will have to pay that day to park.

Question 1: Then the following day I start a 5 night stay at akl. We are thinking to just do an online check in on the app, and then can drive to the park and just use our magic bands to park at the animal kingdom park, before going back to the lodge that evening? (not sure it is the magic band that provides access, but even though we haven't gotten a room if we are scheduled to stay that night will we be able to simply pull up into the park early that morning without a problem?)
The overnight stay at POP (for which you pay to park overnight ) means you don't have to pay for parking at a theme park on either check-in day or check-out day.

One way to somewhat alleviate that is to pay for preferred parking. When you get to the P-Lot gate, just ask the CM for preferred parking and you'll only pay the difference between standard parking (which you get free as a resort guest) and the preferred rate (the difference being $15 if I'm not mistaken). At MK it's huge savings in walking distance, maybe slightly less depending on arrival time at Epcot, HS, and AK. At MK, the preferred parking lot is really close to the tunnel under Seven Seas Drive, so it's maybe a 5 minute walk to the TTC.

Maybe it was $15 extra but preferred parking at the parks for guests staying in a Disney resort is now $20 or $25 (difference depending on season). After creating any new fee, Disney never missies an opportunity to keep raising its price.

Maybe it was $15 extra but preferred parking at the parks for guests staying in a Disney resort is now $20 or $25 (difference depending on season). After creating any new fee, Disney never missies an opportunity to keep raising its price.
Just reporting what I paid in February.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter