Book flights through Disney or not?

meldud

Mouseketeer
We will be booking our hotel, tickets, etc through Disney and would like to know if it is best to book flights through them as well, or deal with the hassle of making sure there are flights and rooms available on the dates we want?

I am sure it will be cheaper to book it all separately (this is how I normally book our holidays) but does the hassle and stress outway the cost?:dumbo:

Thanks

Mel

Hi Mel
I priced up Disney inclusive flights for our trip next year, over £700pp in August, no way would I pay that for a flight, my limit is £500 direct or £400 indirect.
What price pp is your quote? if its reasonable then might be worth considering but if like mine £200+pp more than I am expecting then no its not worth it, its easy enough to book flights seperate.

Having never flown to the US before I have no idea what is a good cost, so your advice is very helpful. I always book my hotels and flights seperately to travel to European countries because I have a better idea of the cost involved. I have always managed to find good deals that way.

Thanks,

mel:flower3:

We are looking to go 15th -29th August next year (or there abouts) staying either at Carribean Beach (pirate room) or AKL Savannah veiw.

These were the prices from Disney:

AKL
Hotel, Tickets & Free Dining = £4188
As above plus flights = £6157

Cost of flights = £1969 / £492 pp

CBR
Hotel, Tickets Free QS Dining + upgrade to DDP = £3012
As above plus flights = £5655

Cost of flights = £2643 / £660 pp

I was beginning to feel AKL was getting too expensive, however with the cost of flights being more at a cheaper resort I feel inclined to opt for AKL. Having read Wayne's comment the £492 per person seems reasonable.

I do have Airmiles with Virgin to do Miles plus Money but can't see they have flights to book on these days in 2010 and have no idea at what sort of cost they would be and whether I will get a better deal.

I have no idea how Disney are working out prices for flights. Just had another look to see what prices are like today. Every hotel I checked the flight prices were different. AS Music £1,386 for room but another £3,188 for flights, that works out at £1,062pp for flights:scared1: Even more at POR £2,100 for room but £5,340 with flights or £1,080pp for the flight. However they do it I can't believe anyone would pay that for a flight.

It definately seems that if you book a more expensive Hotel you get cheaper flights - so that could well be an answer.

Book seperately for Value & Deluxe or book together for Deluxe. I just priced CBR with Virgin and TCD and it is more expensive than the fully inclsuive price at AKL with Disney......I think our decision is being made for us.

Although, I have read Sept & January are the worst times to book holidays (post summer/Christmas blues) and and as such hits on Holiday sites and bookings are at their highest...meaning many operators increase their charges.

Incidently Wayne - If I book AKL with Disney (without flights), how much do you think I could get flights from LGW to Orlando for last 2 weeks of August and when would I need to be looking at booking these? Avg price for this time of year would be great.

i booked last nov with VA miles and money for 27th aug to 11th sept and paid £613 for 2 adults

Incidently Wayne - If I book AKL with Disney (without flights), how much do you think I could get flights from LGW to Orlando for last 2 weeks of August and when would I need to be looking at booking these? Avg price for this time of year would be great.

If you can book at £492 I would do it now, Surprised Disney are so low. Anything under £500 in August is a good price. I might go slightly over £500 if the dates & times were exactly what I wanted £550+ I would wait for a better offer but I don't mind going indirect, I am almost certain indirect flights will be offered around £400 in the next few months so I never panic over booking early. If you are stuck on direct then you have to consider all prices offered as there is little option, the market is a lot more competative for indirect.

i booked last nov with VA miles and money for 27th aug to 11th sept and paid £613 for 2 adults

Any flights after 23rd August 2010 should be lower than leaving before the 23rd, They should class that as low season then. Some manage to get a 2 week trip in before school starts but not for us, its early round here. We are planning on a new term starting 31st August for Matt so will have to fly back 29th at latest.

We took the children out of School for 10 days on this holiday so cannot really do this next year hence going for August. I believe term starts on 1st Sept in 2010 - my eldest also starts High School Sep 2010 so I do not want her to miss the start of term.

We did consider last week Oct/first week of Nov and 5 days out of School but it costs more.

Looks like I need to get that deposit money together real quick!

when we went this year, we booked our accomodation and tickets through Disney.co.uk, but our flights were booked direct with Britsh Airways as this was our cheapest option. we were a little nervous of matching dates, but no problem as researched it first and then asked Disney to reserve our accomodation for an hour whilst we confirmed the flight side - all worked out tickety-boo!

I can only find flights for £780+. Why is that? Yesterday I found some for £600, today... not!!:mad:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter