Book flight right away?

Dakota731

DIS Veteran
When SWA releases new dates or wait? It used to be that flights were cheapest three months, before but these past few years flights never seem to be cheap any more.

We book when we are sure were traveling and OK with the Price. Trying to time the buying the of airline tickets is like predicting lotto numbers.
This ^ When I decide that I'm going some where and when, I do a quick price check and I might wait a week while periodically checking, I book it, flight prices don't really shift too much from my experience but the longer you wait the worse it seems to get.

Historically, the following is true:

• Flights are the most expensive within 2 weeks of flying
  • Booking trips more than 3 months in advance is typically cheaper

What I have seen in 2022-2023 so far? Since the airlines have no problems filling their planes, there are very few sales, other than to get you to buy vacation packages (which have more profit).

Southwest *might* do a sale to try to get back some goodwill after their issues, but if they are flying mostly full already, there is no need.

Just remember, in the 80s, flying was even more expensive.

When SWA releases new dates or wait? It used to be that flights were cheapest three months, before but these past few years flights never seem to be cheap any more.
I usually book on release day and keep checking back for lower rates and/or take advantage of sales. It is very easy to get a credit if booking with points, but now that cash credit never expires it is worth modifying in either case. I am fortunate that I can often fly on weekdays, but even my Saturday morning flight in February dropped from 9218 to 6879 points. (My Tuesday evening flight home in March went from $97 to $74 and then to $49.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter