"Bonnie & Clyde" Teen couple CAPTURED in Florida

They're a far cry from Bonnie & Clyde. Two wayward teens out for a joyride who got in over their heads. I bet the girl's mother will try to paint her as a victim.

Clearly a mother who did not care who her daughter was hanging out with. But she now will have heavy record at the age of 13.

Here's a question I have after reading the article: Most of the offences these two have committed are cheque-fraud, which the girl also apparently did on her own before. How is this possible? Please explain how using cheques as a form of payment works in the States. Here, practically no retailers still accept cheques and even back in the day when they did, it required a piece of photo ID with name & address matching the printed info on the cheque and a major credit card. The cc number was recorded on the back of the cheque and stamped with a little disclaimer that the credit card would be charged if the cheque bounced. One could not just lift a cheque book out of somebody else's purse and proceed to go around buying stuff with them. I'm curious about how these people actually go away with it. TIA :confused:

Clearly a mother who did not care who her daughter was hanging out with. But she now will have heavy record at the age of 13.

After the age of reasoning parents don't have as much "control" as we would like to pretend we do.

Not saying she had great parents, but really after the development stage of right and wrong you cant blame the parents for all the stupidity.

So what banks did they rob or shot at people "bonnie & Cyde my bottom.

She doesn't look 13, just like I didn't look 13 at that age.

Here's a question I have after reading the article: Most of the offences these two have committed are cheque-fraud, which the girl also apparently did on her own before. How is this possible? Please explain how using cheques as a form of payment works in the States. Here, practically no retailers still accept cheques and even back in the day when they did, it required a piece of photo ID with name & address matching the printed info on the cheque and a major credit card. The cc number was recorded on the back of the cheque and stamped with a little disclaimer that the credit card would be charged if the cheque bounced. One could not just lift a cheque book out of somebody else's purse and proceed to go around buying stuff with them. I'm curious about how these people actually go away with it. TIA :confused:

It's not easy to cash or use checks fraudulently in stores in the US either. I'm guessing that while in Kentucky, the girl used her mother's checks at a local place where the mother was already known and had used checks before.

As for passing stolen checks at a Walmart in South Carolina, that one confuses me as well.

Here, typically only a photo ID is required.

Very simply, they could have committed it with their own bank account by writing checks in excess of the balance. Doing so is considered check fraud. So it isn't that difficult.

Credit cards are extremely rare to use as identification--so much so that I have never heard of it.

I did not read the article though--but wanted to point out that one can commit check fraud with their very own account. Eventually retailers figure it out and individually flag the person so that the next time they try to write a check, it will not be accepted.

ETA: Seeing folks comment about stolen checks--you just need a gullible cashier and a sweet talking customer to fudge around any ID issues. You can also use a fake ID. Scammers tend to be clever until they get caught.

I have written checks at Walmart several times and they never ask for id....

So what banks did they rob or shot at people "bonnie & Cyde my bottom.

She doesn't look 13, just like I didn't look 13 at that age.

Bonnie and Clyde didn't start out murdering.

Reading the article--sounds like they stole cars, wrecked some while evading police, possibly stole guns which now makes them armed.

Maybe they didn't get to robbing banks and murder--but maybe that is because they were caught before they had the chance to.

Here, typically only a photo ID is required.

Very simply, they could have committed it with their own bank account by writing checks in excess of the balance. Doing so is considered check fraud. So it isn't that difficult.

Credit cards are extremely rare to use as identification--so much so that I have never heard of it.

I did not read the article though--but wanted to point out that one can commit check fraud with their very own account. Eventually retailers figure it out and individually flag the person so that the next time they try to write a check, it will not be accepted.

ETA: Seeing folks comment about stolen checks--you just need a gullible cashier and a sweet talking customer to fudge around any ID issues. You can also use a fake ID. Scammers tend to be clever until they get caught.

Not intended for ID purposes - used to "guarantee" the payment. Like when you have to have a cc on file at a hotel or for a rental car, even if you pay for them in cash. The "fine print" always says that any expenses incurred can and will be billed to the card if not settled by other means.

I have written checks at Walmart several times and they never ask for id....

Oh yeah--that's right. They run the check through a check reader, void it out and hand it back to you. I believe they run it through as an ACH transaction. As long as the account shows good, they don't ask for ID. Pretty sure they do ask the first time, though.

Not intended for ID purposes - used to "guarantee" the payment. Like when you have to have a cc on file at a hotel or for a rental car, even if you pay for them in cash. The "fine print" always says that any expenses incurred can and will be billed to the card if not settled by other means.

It isn't done here.

At least for any check transaction I have ever completed in a store in the US.

At this time I think these kids are a far cry from Bonnie and Clyde but I think if they had been able to stay on the run for a while they would have become very dangerous to the general public and folks would have ended up getting hurt or worse. Glad they were caught before anything worse occurred.
I had to laugh at the mother saying they thought the girl was older because she would go in and write checks and buy cigarettes. Please, Litchfield is a little town and in places like that area everybody really does know everyone else. The high schools are often small enough that you do literally know every single person in the school to some degree. I'm not saying it's impossible for the boy not to have known the girl's age but I do find it very unlikely.

Either the girl had a fake ID or the store owner was negligent for selling cigarettes to a minor. If she was able to write checks for cigarettes, it sounds to me like she has a fake ID. I think her parents are definitely responsible for her actions since she is only 13. At 13, a parent should know exactly what their kids are doing. It sounds like the parents never checked up on her or they would have figured things out.

I hope the boy goes to jail for a long time.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter