Bonnet Creek

I attended a presentation last week, the rep I spoke with quoted around$50,000:scared1: to be VIP 300,000 points. There are of course lower levels to come in at but they only discussed VIP with us.

I attended a presentation last week, the rep I spoke with quoted around$50,000:scared1: to be VIP 300,000 points. There are of course lower levels to come in at but they only discussed VIP with us.

And those same 300,000 points can be purchased for under $6000 resale. Any wonder anyone who has seriously looked at Wyndham says "only buy resale"? Wyndham has a great system and great resorts but they have totally screwed up the retail vs resale spread by design. It makes a retail purchase a very dumb move. Should you ever want to buy look only at resale in the Wyndham system.

For hard numbers, I can give an example. My effective cost per thousand points (MFs plus an 8% opportunity cost charge on the purchase price) is $4.75. A prime-season 2BR week at BC costs 224K points, so my effective cost for that week would be about $1064---equivalent to a pre-tax room rate in Orange county of about $136 per night. Of course, different owners will have different cost bases, depending on where they own and what they paid to acquire their deed.

A retail purchaser who negotated well would have a cost basis (using MF+8%) closer to $14.50/K, making their effective cost equivalent to a pre-tax room rate of about $410 per night. Of course, that same retail purchaser may get a "discount" on their room, and if they get the best discount they possibly can, (a 50% points discount plus a free one-category upgrade), then their equivalent room rate is "only" $153. However, the maximum discount is almost impossible to get during Prime season, and you have to own a million points to get it. To make full use of those points, you'd need to be taking more than 11 weeks of vacation per year.

So, you can see how buying resale is the only way to go.

That said, if you are focusing primarily on Orlando, you can probably do almost as well just by renting Bonnet Creek reservations from Wyndham owners, as there is just a lot of overall availability in the area. This is especially true if you can be flexible and travel during offseasons. Offseason really favors the renter, because the big owners *can* get big discounts then, and some will pass those discounts along to you.

You're getting good info here!!! Learn more about getting the most out of a Wyndham timeshare at www.WyndhamsOwners.com and learn more about timeshares in general at TUG (see my sig below).

We love having our Wyndham/Fairfield points, purchased resale - of course. ;) Our points are based at another Wyn timeshare in NC. But we're looking forward to a 5-night stay at Bonnet Creek this winter. :cool1: Can't wait! :banana:

We just returned Saturday from a week in the Pres. suite, this place is NO dump whatsoever, we were in building 1, facing the parking lot and thanks to that we saw Fantasmic fireworks and the Epcot fireworks too. It was a lovely unit (room 719) and it was very quiet sitting on the huge balcony except for when they were mowing the lawn and some traffic in the morning on the outer road. In the evenings there it was very serene and we sat there having our coffee in the morning or beer at night. No complaints on our location at all. It was busy with the the showings, lots of people there and many of the salespersonal all day long, it did include a weekend stay for free for 2 if you attended and $75 for the parks, but we didn't attend and was only called twice about attending during our entire stay, which I thought was pretty good ;) Shuttle service was not for us though we used it most of the time or called for a cab other times. The suite is gorgeous, tile floors, granite counter tops, fully equipped kitchen, and beautiful decorated. Though being used to a pillowtop mattress at home, these so sucked...could feel the springs and had to try to position inbetween the rows of them to fall asleep, again, at the end of the 2nd night, we were all so tired from being in the parks we all fell asleep anyways. Somewhere I thought I read about the suites having pillowtop mattresses and plasma TV in the the livingroom, but that might be for the newer buildings..This was VIP owner points too btw, had he been able to go with us we would have been checked in sooner, we got there at 11:30am NOT expecting to have the suite available to us, but when my BIL went to ask at 2PM, the front desk told us it had been ready for an hour and a half...AND the person we checked in with when we arrived totally saw us sitting outside eating lunch, waiting and walked right by us and said nothing...oh well. If we go back to BC it will have to be with a rental car, but again, the suite was fabulous :goodvibes

That sounds beautiful. We have a family reunion coming up in Sept. We are going to try for an OKW GV, but this may be a great alternative.

I am surprised that they put one of these presidential suites facing the parking lot. I think I am way too picky about views. I would have been bummed!

I would love to Pm'd the sites to rent at bonnet creek. Shhh.. don't tell anyone!:rolleyes1

We spent a week in the presidential suite in July. It was amazing. We were in building 2 lake side. I could have lived there!

your right,its not Disney transportation,its quicker....full kitchen,regular sise fridge,jazzuzi tub,king bed balcony,full dining room and living room.microwave,all table serviceand pots and pans,at 20.00 more than a moderate.

We are here now, and the unit and resort are very nice. It is crawling with sales presentations from early morning until about 2pm. I agree with another poster...unplug your phone. They promise a 45min orientation, but a friend here with us was held captive for 2 hrs...and they didn't even go on the tour(they ar e already owners.) Did have a problem with room. Bed had not been changed. Actually...top sheet had, but bottom sheet had not. So we were changing our own bed at 11pm when we discovered this. Ick! Also had to get kids out of bed to check theirs. No fun. Pools are great, although fairly busy, even for October. Even so...can't beat the price & we are so close to everything.

We are here now, and the unit and resort are very nice. It is crawling with sales presentations from early morning until about 2pm. I agree with another poster...unplug your phone. They promise a 45min orientation, but a friend here with us was held captive for 2 hrs...and they didn't even go on the tour(they ar e already owners.) Did have a problem with room. Bed had not been changed. Actually...top sheet had, but bottom sheet had not. So we were changing our own bed at 11pm when we discovered this. Ick! Also had to get kids out of bed to check theirs. No fun. Pools are great, although fairly busy, even for October. Even so...can't beat the price & we are so close to everything.
post some pics... please...:woohoo:

When we stayed there last year we did not get one call for a presentation. If it was required to stay there, I would not. Also, it seems crass to me to hold owners captive at their own timeshare, unless they attended to recieve gifts. Then it is man for himself!

Sometimes we go to the presentation sometimes not. Depends on the gift offered and our schedule. I guess if I'm crass enough to attend for a freebie, then they have every right to hard sell me (within the allotted time of course).

Love the resort

Sometimes we go to the presentation sometimes not. Depends on the gift offered and our schedule. I guess if I'm crass enough to attend for a freebie, then they have every right to hard sell me (within the allotted time of course).

Love the resort

I hope you don't think I meant people who attend TS presentations are crass!:sad1: I meant the TS people holding them captive!

I own at a Wyndham resort in S Florida. Since it was damaged in a hurricane two years ago, I've been paying maintenance fees on something that I can't use! In addition to the maint. fees (which are higher than DVC), I've had to pay reconstruction fees totalling about 3x the annual maint. fee. Apparently, Wyndham/Fairfield has never heard of insurance. All that for a room that I can't use or even use to trade.
Now with my DVC points, I had scheduled a trip to DW at the same time a hurricane wanted to visit the park as well. I called DVC and was told not only was the resort open and serviceable, but if I wanted I could cancel with no penalty. I took the latter option and immediately rescheduled with no problems (try that with RCI!). Also, I'm not paying any extra "reconstruction costs" with DVC.
For me, it's DVC hands down. I won't even go into the sales harassment at traditional time-shares.

Well, the gifts aren't anything to sneeze at...but I guess pretty standard for the area. They offered us $100 Disney dollars, but after our friends said they had to get outright nasty with them to get out of there, we opted to spend our to hours by the pool. :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter