• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Bonnet Creek Resort

disnan52

Mouseketeer
What is Bonnet Creek Resort. Just got home a week ago and saw this sign many times on our way back to POFQ. Apparently it was a back way because it was a unfinished dirt road. On our way down to DTD I saw another sign and it was a paved road, but you saw nothing. Also what is the highway that is going in behind CSR but before Blizzard beach.

I don't know about the highway you mention, but Bonnet Creek Resort is not Disney owned. It is being built on land right next to Disney land, so it looks connected. It will be a golf resort with no real disney connection. Here is a link to the Fairfield website about it.

https://www.fairfieldresorts.com/ffr/resort/details.do

The new road near CSR is Western Way. It is a new Disney road that will connect Buena Vista Drive with the new toll road 429 on the Western side of WDW. This will provide a 5th primany entrance (complete with purple arch) to the WDW resort.

I will not stay at Bonnet Creek Resort.

Why wont you stay there? Is something wrong with it? We are considering staying here.

Thanks,
Vicki

It's not a Disney resort. I am a DVC member.

vickibunni said:
Why wont you stay there? Is something wrong with it? We are considering staying here.

Thanks,
Vicki
There is nothing wrong with it except that it offers more than the DVC resorts do within the boundaries of DW at far less cost than DVC. That seems to irritate those who pay twice as much to rent DVC for 30 years. In fact the units are better than most DVC units as they are full sized and brand new. The resort is themed and offers plenty to do on site besides the fact that you are within the Disney complex, even if technically not on Disney dirt. It is a great value for as close to on site as you can get in a timeshare without the premium costs. Have a great time if you decide to stay there (and can get in).

Is Bonnet Creek open yet, I never saw a car going in or out of the finished drive, the dirt drive was gated.

It has been open for over a year. There is still about 1/2 of the resort to be built or under construction so they have dirt entrances on one end. The finished end is paved and guarded by an entrance guard shack.

TotoToo said:
There is nothing wrong with it except that it offers more than the DVC resorts do within the boundaries of DW at far less cost than DVC. That seems to irritate those who pay twice as much to rent DVC for 30 years. In fact the units are better than most DVC units as they are full sized and brand new. The resort is themed and offers plenty to do on site besides the fact that you are within the Disney complex, even if technically not on Disney dirt. It is a great value for as close to on site as you can get in a timeshare without the premium costs. Have a great time if you decide to stay there (and can get in).
Themed? It's not themed very well if I can't tell it's themed, let alone what the theme is.
You are not on the "Disney complex", but you are adjacent to it.
What more does it offer than DVC? Award winning restaurants? Spas? Transportation? Package delivery? Free parking?
Please enlighten me...
Also, what is the cost of the BC resort?

I'm sure the Bonnet Creek Resort is very nice if you choose to stay off site.
We choose to stay on site, and wouldn't stay off site even if it were free-- but that's just us. I realize many folks here have different tastes and opinions.

Sorry to butt in, but it looked as though there was some misinformation about DVC Members being irritated. The only thing that irritates me is when folks try to pass off Bonnet Creek as being on site.
I couldn't care less about the 2042 expiration of DVC, or the cost. We purchased DVC because we wanted Disney. I understand others have different thoughts on that. :smokin:

MG

Maistre Gracey said:
Themed? It's not themed very well if I can't tell it's themed, let alone what the theme is.
You are not on the "Disney complex", but you are adjacent to it.

I think that's a technicality not worth arguing; it's right next to the CBR, and closer to the parks than some of the "on site" resorts. It's basically a parcel of land that was boxed in by the rest of the Disney property, so it's completely fair to say that you are within the Disney complex. No, it's not Disney owned property, but it's pretty darned close.

MarkC said:
I think that's a technicality not worth arguing; it's right next to the CBR, and closer to the parks than some of the "on site" resorts. It's basically a parcel of land that was boxed in by the rest of the Disney property, so it's completely fair to say that you are within the Disney complex. No, it's not Disney owned property, but it's pretty darned close.
Yes, it's close, but not boxed in. Here is a good map of the property. Even though there is more than one box labled 32, the number 32 is prominant on the map parcel.

Give it a minute to load-

http://www.rcid.org/PDF/political jurisdiction map.base05_11.pdf

You can see the parcel of land of which Bonnet Creek is located in the southeast corner of the property. It appears to be "boxed in" simply because of the highway. :smokin:

MG

But you cannot get to it except from the seemingly hallowed Disney property and I challenge anyone to explain the difference in the dirt on either side of the boundry. That is what I meant by irritated. Why make a big deal about a property as on site as any Disney owned property with brand new, large rooms, its own on site amenities as well as the same access to all the Disney areas as any other on site accomodations. When we were there we even had access to the extra park hours although I'm not sure that is always the case. The Disney believers somehow want it to be something less when in fact it is more and certainly a better value than paying to use Disney dirt. To the original poster: don't let the negativity from some stop you from enjoying a great resort and Disney experience. Why they even care is beyond my comprehension. We do not own at BC but we certainly did enjoy the stay and look forward to hopefully getting it again. We found the unit accomodations superior to Disneys while all the rest was the same. The best combination in our view. Take a look at those pictures - isn't that Epcot right there? Notice the space and the quality. Far more than Disney gives you yet still within the grounds. Enjoy.

DH & I stayed at Bonnet Creek January 2005. We travel frequently with another couple who live in Iowa (we are in Kansas) who are Fairfield owners. The properties are always clean and well maintained. This property in particular was beautiful inside. We had a 2 bedroom unit, fully furnished with dishes, pans, etc. The master bedroom has a whirlpool tub and King bed, the second bedroom has 2 doubles. There is a large patio on which we sat in the evenings - and could actually observe part of the fireworks from both MK & Epcot (the tops only mind you.)

The location is very convenient, but I would not stay there without a car as the shuttles are not run frequently enough for our needs.

According to the story, this property stayed family owned when they would not sell to the Disney group way-back-when. Nothing was done, no developments made, they just held the deed. When the original owner (family member) died, the rest of the family entered into negotiations with WDW (I think) who would not pay their price. They were then approached by the FF group who, apparently did.

Consider it like the DTD hotels, but a bit classier and unavailable to those who are not owners or guests of FF owners.

Personally, I enjoyed the stay, but I like to be on-premise if possible - just 'feels' more Disney-ish, ya know?

Unfortunately, sometimes one HAS to stay somewhere other than Disney property. For instance, we are going in September staying at Double Tree Suites as we got a GREAT rate ($85 + continental breakfast & 20% lunch & dinner at Streamers). We had been saving for a trip in January 2007, but I have trouble going more than 18 months between trips, so when this deal came up hubby said 'take the deal & let's go' - WHOO WHO!

Now I have to start budgeting for our Jan 2008 visit - maybe AKL again, or Poly if I really skrimp & save!!!!

you got access to EMH - no way!!! Now if you just stayed in the parks - Disney does not throw out anyone. But if you tried to ride any of the rides then you were told you need the wrist bands.

Disney only allows SOG, D/S, DD - hilton only - because they pay for it!!!!

Now if Bonnet Creek is paying for it I haven't heard about it.

they actually gave you the wrist bands????

It completely depends upon what you want. Bonnet Creek is too fancy for me - so is the new Disney DVC SSR. I like and prefer OKW.

but I do stay offsite - there are some nice offsite resorts. but I still preferred OKW....

DVC knows it can go head to heard with Fairfield and win!!!! you didn't mention the billboard across the street from Fairfield.....

SSR will be building until 2007 - it is expected to sell out in 2009 (if that long).

right now as fast as the DVC is going up it is selling out....

I don't like fancy when I am vacation in Florida. I like to be relaxed and comfortable....

TotoToo said:

Lol...well said, ToToToo!

Actually we bought into Fairfield Resorts years ago and stayed several weeks each year in Kissimmee when we went to DisneyWorld. At that time, before Bonnet Creek was built, we stayed at Star Island and Cypress Palms. Those two resorts are also lovely. It takes about fifteen minutes from the resort doors there to any Disney park, though I have been known to arrive at MGM in 11 minutes, lol.

Bonnet Creek has a small lazy river that I particularly enjoy. I am looking forward to the complimentary miniature golf when I return this fall, since that is scheduled to be completed this spring...and the complimentary wine and cheese party on Monday evenings complete with live music and a sketch artist ($10 for a character drawing) is one of the nice extras they provide.

The only entrance to Bonnet Creek comes right before Disney's Caribbean Beach resort (or right after CBR if you are going towards CBR coming from MGM). It is completely paved and landscaped.

Bonnet Creek is very aware that many of its guests are taking advantage of the resort's close proximity to Disney theme parks. Actually, BC is closer to some Disney parks than some Disney resorts! BC provides complimentary transportation over to Disney's TTC...and picks its guests up from each individual park three times during the day and/or evening.

It's a super resort, as luxurious, if not more luxurious than Disney...and truly "the best kept secret" (not on, but still in the middle of) "Disney property"!

Bonnet creek provides transportation 3 times a day and 3 times at night - Disney does that in one hour.....

fairfield sales people are almost as bad Westgate.....they are HARD CORE. if the resort was so wonderful would they need to be so bad.....

DVC does try to force you to buy. Fairfield definitely tries to make you feel guility that you aren't buying.....

they are experts at the guility trip....

It will be a long time before I go to any Fairfield because of the way I was lied too and del with.... some of the things I got told were down right illegal.... and they knew it - when I say can I get that in writing on or on tape - I was shown out.

Now since I have avoid them I don't know if they bother you the Westgate does to come to sales pitch....

but having gone through their sales pitch - I won't do it again....not if they were the best timeshare in the world.

DVC, Marriott did not do hard sell....

I just wish the others would quit it.

TotoToo said:
But you cannot get to it except from the seemingly hallowed Disney property
Correct, you must first enter Disney property, before you exit Disney property in order to reach Bonnet Creek.
As you pull into the Bonnet Creek property, there could be a sign that says “Thank you for visiting the Walt Disney World Resort. Please come again soon.”

I am puzzled as to why you continue to refer to this resort as “on site”. You are giving all readers of this thread misinformation. There are many lurkers out there who read this, then plan their trip. I don’t think it’s fair to tell those folks that this resort is on site.

Why make a big deal about a property as on site as any Disney owned property with brand new, large rooms, its own on site amenities as well as the same access to all the Disney areas as any other on site accomodations.
One reason to make a big deal of it, is as I stated above. It’s not fair to the readers of this forum to purposefully give them incorrect information.

A second reason, in my opinion, is it will devalue DVC.
Anytime there is an imposter, knock off, fake, whatever you want to call it, it devalues the real thing. Just like a fake Rolex.
That almost sounds silly to me… Until I read rental advertisements that say “Why pay Disney prices to stay on site? Stay right on Disney property for less money.”

When we were there we even had access to the extra park hours although I'm not sure that is always the case.
This is unusual, unless as Spicey suggested that Fairfield has somehow purchased this option from Disney.
Definitely don’t count on this.

The Disney believers somehow want it to be something less when in fact it is more and certainly a better value than paying to use Disney dirt.
I am a diehard Disney believer, and I don’t want it to be something less. Why would I? I haven’t seen any facts that is better, though.
If I truly thought it was better, I could sell my DVC (for more than I bought it for) and purchase at this resort. I’m not doing that.
A good value is different for different people.

To the original poster: don't let the negativity from some stop you from enjoying a great resort and Disney experience.
Negativity? Not from me. I’m sure the Bonnet Creek resort is a top notch, first class resort.
I have never put this resort down in any way. I am only setting the record straight about it not being on Disney property.

Why they even care is beyond my comprehension.
Stated above.

We do not own at BC but we certainly did enjoy the stay and look forward to hopefully getting it again.
I’m happy to hear that.

We found the unit accomodations superior to Disneys while all the rest was the same. The best combination in our view. Take a look at those pictures - isn't that Epcot right there? Notice the space and the quality. Far more than Disney gives you yet still within the grounds. Enjoy.
By the way, do you know the square footage for a 2br at this resort? :smokin:

MG

We choose to stay on site, and wouldn't stay off site even if it were free

I just had to chime in here. I love staying onsite, as others have said, its just more "Disney-ish". The convenience of the shuttles and the disney themed resorts are definately what we love;however, I would definately stay off-site if it were a lot cheaper then staying "on-site". I just want to say, Wow, and I wish we could all have that option! Bonnet Creek looks like a beautiful place and from what I have heard, definately worth checking out!

Jess

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter