Bongos Cuban Cafe

vicki845

DIS Veteran
How is the food? Are they part of the dining plan? If not, then would they accept a disney gift card, rewards card or disney dollars? I need one more restaurant outside the parks. I thought visiting dtd would be nice but don't want to pay out of pocket. Also we have a 3 and 6 yr old that would be with us.

tia

They do not accept the Dining Plan, but I will tell you, the food is great and they have excellent Cafe con Leche. (sweet espresso with hot, steamed milk)

Glad to hear the food is good. Now does anyone know if I can use disney dollars, disney visa reward card or disney gift card to pay for this? If I can't then can I charge the bill to my room then use one of the above methods to pay for it. tia

Hmmm... I do not know the answer to your follow-up question... but I too like it here. A lot!

We had lunch there one day. The ceviche was good and the cuban was good (not the best I've had but good)....but the cheese flan was really good.

Not a huge fan, but I admit I was there quite awhile ago. Having had cuban food in some very good restaurants in Puerto Rico, Bongo's just didn't meet my expectations.

Of course, things could have changed considerably since I was last there.

Not a huge fan, but I admit I was there quite awhile ago. Having had cuban food in some very good restaurants in Puerto Rico, Bongo's just didn't meet my expectations.

Of course, things could have changed considerably since I was last there.

I agree. If you've had great, or even "OK" Cuban food, you might be disappointed with Bongos. IMO, it's not that Bongos is horrible by any means, it's simply watered down too much to appeal to the masses from outside of South Florida who don't have a whole lot of experience with it.

I agree. If you've had great, or even "OK" Cuban food, you might be disappointed with Bongos. IMO, it's not that Bongos is horrible by any means, it's simply watered down too much to appeal to the masses from outside of South Florida who don't have a whole lot of experience with it.

ITA. Having had decent Cuban food elsewhere, Bongo's pales in comparison. Bland food, fatty beef, but decent rice. Throw in very bad service during our one, and so far only, visit, and we won't be going back for a very very long time.
There are too many other good places to dine at nearby.

Glad to hear the food is good. Now does anyone know if I can use disney dollars, disney visa reward card or disney gift card to pay for this? If I can't then can I charge the bill to my room then use one of the above methods to pay for it. tia

Does anyone know the answer to the above question?

Thanks

This is from the Bongo's website.

*American Express®, MasterCard®, Visa®, and The Disney Credit Card accepted.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter