Bombas Socks Rock

robinb

DIS veteran
I have to take a minute and sing the praises of Bombas socks. I hear the ads on the radio all the time and I've read about them on Reddit in the "buy it for life" Subreddit. When Good Morning America announced that companies were offering special pricing with the profits going to Maui relief back in August, I jumped at the chance to buy some socks at half price. Even so, buying socks for 4 people set me back about $300.

My DD24 is leaving to be a ski bum in Breckinridge, Colorado later this week. It's her last ski bum winter before the end of her "gap period" and she goes to grad school in the fall. So, we had an early Hannukah gift exchange on Monday. I gave her the socks I selected (a pack of 4 quarter height "crew" socks) and she said that she would rather have calf height socks that she can wear with boots.

I jumped online and got a good (but not as good as August) Cyber Monday deal on calf height socks. Then, I tried to find the invoice for my August order so I could return the original socks. No go. I contacted Bombas and asked if they could find my order number so I could process the refund for the original socks. I received an email today from Bombas telling me that not only could I keep the quarter height socks, but they were also still sending me the calf length socks *and* refunding me for my order. It was a $60+ order. So ... they are essentially replacing the quarter length socks with the calf length socks and allowing me to keep the original socks too.

Talk about customer service. Bravo Bombas!

BTW, I have been wearing my Bombas no-show socks since August and they are great :).

My MIL went through a Bombas phase a few years ago to the point where I started to feel slightly nauseated every time I received yet another pair of honeycombed socks. :laughing: (Penzey’s spices was another one she did to death.) It’s nice to hear they’re one of those “exceptional customer service” companies, though. That’s how I feel about Chewy.

I also went through a Bombas phase. I do like the wool socks but I got irritated when they mailed me a post card a few weeks ago for 20% off and then tell me I'm already a customer when I put in the promo code!

Picked up wool socks at LLBean outlet for much less. Bombas lost me on that one regardless of how much I like their socks.

I have to take a minute and sing the praises of Bombas socks. I hear the ads on the radio all the time and I've read about them on Reddit in the "buy it for life" Subreddit. When Good Morning America announced that companies were offering special pricing with the profits going to Maui relief back in August, I jumped at the chance to buy some socks at half price. Even so, buying socks for 4 people set me back about $300.

My DD24 is leaving to be a ski bum in Breckinridge, Colorado later this week. It's her last ski bum winter before the end of her "gap period" and she goes to grad school in the fall. So, we had an early Hannukah gift exchange on Monday. I gave her the socks I selected (a pack of 4 quarter height "crew" socks) and she said that she would rather have calf height socks that she can wear with boots.

I jumped online and got a good (but not as good as August) Cyber Monday deal on calf height socks. Then, I tried to find the invoice for my August order so I could return the original socks. No go. I contacted Bombas and asked if they could find my order number so I could process the refund for the original socks. I received an email today from Bombas telling me that not only could I keep the quarter height socks, but they were also still sending me the calf length socks *and* refunding me for my order. It was a $60+ order. So ... they are essentially replacing the quarter length socks with the calf length socks and allowing me to keep the original socks too.

Talk about customer service. Bravo Bombas!

BTW, I have been wearing my Bombas no-show socks since August and they are great :).
I’ve had the scenario where they allowed me to keep the pair and they sent a new one. Pretty good customer service but soooo expensive.

I've recently been finding Bombas at my local Marshall's. I got a quarter crew and two pairs of no shows. They run about $6 a pair. In my store, I generally find them in the men's socks (but they are sized for women also) and they are at the bottom row. I've also found them in the women's socks but generally they hide them in the men's section.

Paca's also has great socks, they are made from Alpaca "wool"? Not sure if it's called wool since it's not from a sheep. Their customer service is great, too. I bought some socks for myself and my sister for a Disney trip (she gets awful blisters) and the size I ordered for her were too small. They refunded my order and shipped a new set, I did not have to return the ones that didn't fit - they fit me just fine! I've heard it's kind of like underwear, they can't resell them so it's cheaper to let you keep them than for the company to have to dispose of them. Shapermint does the same thing (they ask you donate the item) as well as Thrive.

My wife's employer gave everyone a gift certificate for Bombas socks during the pandemic. I used it to get socks. They were, well, socks. Their hook of giving away a pair of socks for every pair they sell is nice, but I wasn't impressed enough to order any more.

I’ve tried to order Bombas at Christmas for the past 2 years. Every time I try their site it rejects my card. I’m using a card that I have used hundreds of time for many years and have NEVER had an issue online or in an actual store. I contacted customer service and they told me to try a different card, which I also have used many times with no issues, l and it didn’t work either. I contacted them again and basically got nowhere so I told them they could keep their *amn socks.

That's all we buy - socks-wise. Bombas rock. And we even have their compression socks for flying which work very well.

Just saw some today at tj maxx. A 4 pack for $29. They weren’t the right size for anyone in my family, so I left them there.

Good Lord...$76 for three pairs of socks...what am I missing?!? :faint: As for the charity angle, it's nice and all, but I think I could do more good spending $15 on socks and giving the rest of that money to our local Food Bank.
I got a 4-pack for $60 and free shipping. That's $15 per pair which is in line with the other premium merino brands like Smartwool and Darn Tough. Plus, they have an awesome refund/replacement policy:

We'll Replace or Refund Your Items if They're:
Lost In The Laundry

Disappeared With Your Luggage

Your Dog’s Favorite Chew Toy

The Wrong Size

Worn, Torn, Or Developing Holes

Turned Into Sock Puppets

...or anything else that may happen to them. Just reach out to our Customer Happiness Team, and they’ll make it right.

Great service for sure, Robin. And hope your daughter has a great time 'ski bumming'. I remember when she was just a toddler.

My wife's employer gave everyone a gift certificate for Bombas socks during the pandemic. I used it to get socks. They were, well, socks. Their hook of giving away a pair of socks for every pair they sell is nice, but I wasn't impressed enough to order any more.
Their hook is actually a turn off for me. I am not a fan of companies charging me a higher price, donating some of their extra profit and taking the tax break (and the virtue signaling). Charge me a reasonable price and let me decide where to donate my discretionary funds.

Their hook is actually a turn off for me. I am not a fan of companies charging me a higher price, donating some of their extra profit and taking the tax break (and the virtue signaling). Charge me a reasonable price and let me decide where to donate my discretionary funds.
I agree with you on that. That said, I love Bombas and buy some every time they are offered half price.

Yes, and I always wonder what is the quality of the socks they are giving away? I notice in their ads they always show a plain black pair of socks as the donated pair, not another pair of the socks people are buying. So are people buying quality wool socks while Bombas is donating cheaply made cotton socks and profiting from the extra proceeds?

Yes, and I always wonder what is the quality of the socks they are giving away? I notice in their ads they always show a plain black pair of socks as the donated pair, not another pair of the socks people are buying. So are people buying quality wool socks while Bombas is donating cheaply made cotton socks and profiting from the extra proceeds?
Most of the socks Bomba's sells are a cotton/poly blend. Not all, but a majority. The donated socks are made of an antimicrobial material that extends wearability between washings and are black to show less wear (from their website), makes sense. I've bought some and have since found other brands I prefer (Paca's and Strideline).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter