BOG for Adults Only - Yes or No?

KathyTN

Earning My Ears
When our kids were little, we prioritized Character Meals as part of our vacation - specifically princess meals. I've been to CRT PPO and same with Askershus. We had so much fun!

Last year just hubs and I went, and we didn't try for anything like that because I did not want to take a table and experience that a younger family would really treasure, plus we have BTDT. I don't feel the need to do this again right now. lol.

For our upcoming trip, though, I'm wondering about BOG.
Is this something adults will really like? Or is it best left to families with young children? I realize the ADRs are hard to get / impossible - but if it's something really worth going to - I will rise to the challenge.

Dinner is definitely great for adults. I have only been there with children and have often thought how nice it would be to enjoy with only adults. It has an upscale feel. Many couples and adult groups enjoy it nightly. Breakfast and lunch are louder and more kid oriented, but dinner is quite different.

If you haven't been there before, it is a must do, in my opinion. And I'd definitely choose dinner if I could, but breakfast or lunch would be better than not seeing it at all. It is gorgeous inside, and I really like the food.

I was apart of a group 16 adults with no kids for dinner last September and had no quilt about taking a spot from anyone else. It was for a birthday/anniversary and Be Our Guest was their want. If you are a Beauty and the Beast fan or a French food fan (it is americanized but still good) then go for it. Also don't worry so much about taking something from someone else. Everyone be it family, adults only, friends, etc are equal at Disney unless there are age rules like BBB or Victoria and Alberts.

DH and I have done 2 lunches and 1 dinner there, and we very much enjoyed ourselves. Now that we have our son, we will be taking him to lunch there on our upcoming trip.

Unless otherwise noted, everything at Disney s for everyone. Don't feel bad "taking up a table" at any restaurant.

My husband and I eat there together every trip at least once for breakfast and once for lunch. Our kids are 20,21,23. We did Disney cor them with them for two decades. Now we do it for us:) It is a nice experience as adults sans kids. Do it!

I have no kids.
When I go with adults only se still go to the character meals.
BOG is a must do for me every time!
I go for lunch though.
Beast is only at dinner and I believe he walks through the restaurant but does not stop at tables.
If you want to meet him you do so after you eat so you could choose to see him or not.
I sure as heck would not feel bad that I "took the experience away from a younger family".

DH & I loved it! While we do have a daughter, she's 14 (going on 30 lol). I was more excited than she was. DH & I plan on doing it again, even when it's just us. We loved the food too, def not just a novelty restaurant.

I'm the one who wanted to do beast afterwards. I'm 39 and totally "fan girled" out lol :rolleyes1 Not only was he great with us (DH got "tough guy" pics with him:p), he was great with the many other adults lined up to meet him too. Never too old for the (rugged handsome) beast (sigh!):rolleyes:

I think it's pretty, but also kinda feels like a cafeteria in some areas? Going to try for a PPO breakfast, just for PPO and it show it to a friend, if we can ever finalize days in May and I'm patient enough to snipe a reservation.

My daughter and I have been doing mother/daughter trips for a few years now. We had her 18th, 19th and 20th birthday dinners at BOG and earlier this month during our trip when she turned 21 we had dinner there twice and are going again in September. You should absolutely go and enjoy it.

Never feel guilty dining however you want to dine. Solo. Adults. With kids. Whatever. It's your (expensive) vacation so don't feel bad about that kind of stuff.

Bog is definitely adult friendly. But don't forget to be a kid even as a grown up and immerse yourself in the magic!

Yes, BOG is lovely!! We've never done breakfast, but lunch, while good, feels very chaotic. Dinner is much more subdued. Don't feel guilty. If that is where you want to eat, you should go!

My DD is 18 and we have dinned at BoG twice now and will continue to do so. LOL....we even order kids meals so that we have room for dessert. They don't even bat an eye when we turn to the kids menu. We both love the experience which I think is why it's still so popular. The food is also pretty good.

BOG is amazing, no matter what age! My Disney Dad, can that be a thing now?, and I ate there twice our last trip, once for breakfast and once for dinner and loved it! We plan on going back again and I'm taking my Disney Mom, I'm trying here, there for lunch Labor Day weekend! The atmosphere is amazing and if you're a Beauty & the Beast fan, it's so worth it!

DH and I are taking our first trip by ourselves next week after many many trips with the family. We decided on breakfast at BOG and I am very much looking forward to it. As others have said Disney is for everyone so don't feel guilty at all.

DH and I (ages 43 and 40) were fortunate to get TWO ADRs there during our trip last month, and it was our favorite dinner of the entire week. The place is spectacular. We don't have kids, and never felt out of place. After both dinners, we greeted the Beast on the way out, and it was fabulous. No place at Disney is "just for" kids or families or whatever else. Go and enjoy!

When our kids were little, we prioritized Character Meals as part of our vacation - specifically princess meals. I've been to CRT PPO and same with Askershus. We had so much fun!

Last year just hubs and I went, and we didn't try for anything like that because I did not want to take a table and experience that a younger family would really treasure, plus we have BTDT. I don't feel the need to do this again right now. lol.

For our upcoming trip, though, I'm wondering about BOG.
Is this something adults will really like? Or is it best left to families with young children? I realize the ADRs are hard to get / impossible - but if it's something really worth going to - I will rise to the challenge.

Did BOG for lunch on an adult trip in November. I have also been in the past with a child for dinner. I would recommend either way but def this restaurant not just for kids.

Yes definitely. My hubby and I did it just the 2 of us and we're booked again in May. We were seated in the west wing which I thought was better for couples because it's more intimate, I just loved having a wee cheeky glass of wine with my meal too. I never feel bad for taking up a table, when I was growing up we had next to no money and couldn't afford to do any holidays never mind Disneyworld. Now i'm an adult and can afford to do it I don't see why anyone else specifically deserves the experience more than I do. Plus you'll only be taking up a table for 2, still plenty of family tables left.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter