BOG all 3 ways!- Sept '16 Dining Review *Complete*

I love french onion soup and this did not disappoint. Was afraid it was going to be a little bland because it is vegetable broth but it was delicious.
The stawberry cupcake was love at first bite
BOG is one of our favorite TS's; we've had dinner there 6x and I LOVE the French onion soup and the strawberry cupcake is my absolute favorite :goodvibes
After reading about this numerous times here, DH and I finally tried one last Nov. He thought it was too greasy which was fine; more for me!
He wondered into Tangerine Cafe
This is one QS we've never eaten at and had never even been in until Jan. DH and I wandered in and finally looked at the menu; now it's on my list to try this Nov. for sure :thumbsup2

Loving your reviews!!!

We're eating at Narcoossee's for the first time next month and I was all set to get the filet until I saw those scallops! Holy Cow batman! that looks devine!! :earseek:

BOG is one of our favorite TS's; we've had dinner there 6x and I LOVE the French onion soup and the strawberry cupcake is my absolute favorite :goodvibes

After reading about this numerous times here, DH and I finally tried one last Nov. He thought it was too greasy which was fine; more for me!

This is one QS we've never eaten at and had never even been in until Jan. DH and I wandered in and finally looked at the menu; now it's on my list to try this Nov. for sure :thumbsup2

You have some good taste! Hope you enjoy Tangerine Cafe on your next trip :)

We started the next day with a quick in room breakfast of Cliff bars and headed to Animal Kingdom. We went to the Lion King show for the first time and thought it was great. Then the usual safari and cooled off a bit in the Kaili River. Now time for lunch!

This was our first time since the Harambe Market expansion so we had to try it.

Me and Angelina shared the Beef Gyro Flatbread

We both liked this. The beef was flavorful and the chilled broccoli salad was a nice change from the usual fries, especially on a hot day.

We also had Bibo with this which I was so excited about! It's one of my favorite sodas at Club Cool in Epcot.

Juan had to get the ribs, they were Spice-rubbed Karubi Ribs

He devoured these before I could get a taste. He loved them and still talks about them. I can't wait to try them on our next trip lol

Ater a delicious lunch we headed to Everest where I chickened out but my daughter did not.
Then it was time for an afternoon break at the hotel before our dinner at BOG :D

We got to the Magic Kingdom after dark and were happily surprised by all the fall decorations. They were so beautiful and fun.

We checked into Be Our Guest and were seated in the West Wing. I was really hoping to be seated in this room but I knew we still had one more chance with breakfast later in the week. I was so happy to have the room for dinner. It was dark and just really cool.

Love the theme throughout the restaurant, even the napkins were folded into roses.

Angelina ordered the Sautéed Shrimp and Scallops

She surprised me with this order. Then she surprised again when she finished the whole thing, even the veggies. She did let me have one scallop though. It was yummy. Super tender and buttery.

I ordered the Grilled Strip Steak

This came with a garlic-herb butter, sauteed veggies and french fries. The steak was cooked to a prefect for me well done and the butter on it was so good. The veggies were very salty, I like my salt and they were still too salty for me, I could only have a few bites.

Juan ordered the Braised Pork

He liked this, it was hearty and filling. He was a bit disappointed with the cauliflower puree though, this guy loves his mashed potatoes. Overall I think he wished he had ordered the steak instead.

Now for dessert :lovestruc

I was reunited with my Strawberry Cream Cheese Cupcake

We already spoke about my feelings towards this cupcake. :love:

Angelina ordered the "Grey Stuff"

This wasn't quite what we were expecting. We were expecting a cake and this was more like a hard brownie. Still very good. The grey stuff on top is delish :)

Juan ordered the Chocolate Cream Puff

This was so good. It was filled with a nice fresh and light chocolate mousse and topped with whipped cream.

We left super full and happy with our meal. We stayed for Wishes and few more rides then headed back for the night.

Next up a Disney breakfast!

Is the cake of the strawberry cupcake strawberry flavored? I always hear folks rave about it and I wonder what's inside that pretty little cake.

I have chili simmering away for dinner but now I'm wishing I was at Harambe Market!

Is the cake of the strawberry cupcake strawberry flavored? I always hear folks rave about it and I wonder what's inside that pretty little cake.

I have chili simmering away for dinner but now I'm wishing I was at Harambe Market!

It's a vanilla cake but there's a strawberry mousse filling in the center!
Chili sounds good but I just want this cupcake for dinner!!

We almost ate at in Harambe Market last Nov. but ended up at Flame Tree instead, which we didn't particularly like. I want to try Harambe this Nov., both the ribs and gyro flatbread look so good!

I may have already voiced my love for BOG dinner earlier in your report, but if I didn't, well, my family LOVES BOG dinner and the steak is my go-to meal. Glad you all enjoyed!

What a wonderful trip so far!! My grandmunchkins are 8 and 10 and rarely adventurous. Your daughter has a wonderful palette for a 10 year old!!

Enjoying your reviews! I thought this was JUST going to be three reviews of BOG, so I hadn't looked at it til now, because we just got back from WDW and while I enjoyed our meal at BOG, I was kind of over the spice in that scallop and shrimp dish. Love the non-food pictures too. Your comment about the Ohana dessert cracked me up...how you made yourself feel better for dessert. Sorry you didn't feel good for the whole meal though. I've heard those Lapu Lapu drinks are dangerous! :sad2:

Great review! I'm enjoying your pictures. So glad your DD is willing to try new foods. My DD12 is just starting to develop new tastes, so I'm looking forward to our fall trip. I think my husband would like the ribs at Harambe Mkt. You've convinced me to try the strawberry cupcake - I always get the grey stuff which isn't terrible, but not great either.

I am glad you enjoyed BOG. I have eaten there for dinner twice and really loved it! Both times I had the shrimp and scallops - yummy! For dessert, I had the lemon meringue cupcake and the second time I had the strawberry one. While both were great, I give a slight edge to the strawberry. Your photo of BOG with the castle in the background is beautiful!

I am really enjoying your reviews. :) Next time I am at the Poly, I must try one of those drinks! :drinking:

This is not good related....but you mentioned getting henna in Epcot...any pictures? Do you remember the cost? It would be pretty cool to get Disney henna :)

Thanks for your reviews! We will do BOG for dinner, and I was thinking of having that Shrimp and Scallop dish! WOW, looks amazing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!