Boardwalk

Yup I'm Goofy

Disney veteran
I am thinking of taking my wife to WDW , just the two of us, to celebrate her 50th birthday. Always thought the Bowardwalk looked like fun and liked the idea of being able to walk to Epcot. Any thoughts?

I personally LOVE the Boardwalk. It is one of my favorite places in the World. Being able to walk to Epcot is great, and the walk itself, to me, is just relaxing and enjoyable. Also, there's always something fun going on at the Boardwalk.....street performers I guess you would call them. It's just a great atmosphere.

Nairnyn said:
I personally LOVE the Boardwalk. It is one of my favorite places in the World. Being able to walk to Epcot is great, and the walk itself, to me, is just relaxing and enjoyable. Also, there's always something fun going on at the Boardwalk.....street performers I guess you would call them. It's just a great atmosphere.

DITTO . . . there is nowhere else I would rather stay.
My second choice would be at the Contemporary - tower room with a view of the Magic Kingdom. I love the hustle and bustle of both places but love the ease of location even better.

You won't go wrong with BW!

You will both love the boardwalk. We just came back on Sat. from a stay there. We took my parents there two years ago and they enjoyed it a bunch!!! They loved walking or taking the boat into Epcot and MGM Studios. They also enjoyed taking walks around the Boardwalk area itself with the entertainers. Plus there are several restaurants right there to enjoy. What a wondeful way to celebrate your 50th!!!! Congratulations!! :)

We are very excited about our first stay at the end of this month. As others have said, it doesn't look like there will be any dull moments at this place!

OOps! I forgot to wish you a Happy 50th. That is a wonderful accomplishment! I think you both deserve a Illuminations Cruise!

Okay - so it's your DW's birthday - not your anniversary!

Boy, oh boy! Time for me to go to bed!

The Boardwalk will be great! Not only can you take nice walks around the lake, you can be to the back entrance of epcot in 10 minutes. There are plenty of restaurants in the area, and if you can check out Jellyrolls for a fun night out. And don't forget MGM-Studios is a 20 minute walk or a short boat ride also. Good luck and happy Birthday :cake: to your wife

The Boardwalk is an excellent choice! There are so many great restaurants within walking distance. Be sure to mention it's her bday when you make your reservation and ADRs! :)

Yes, it's her 50th birthday. Our 25th anniversary is next year, maybe we will go back fpr that

Harambe said:
We are very excited about our first stay at the end of this month. As others have said, it doesn't look like there will be any dull moments at this place!

OOps! I forgot to wish you a Happy 50th. That is a wonderful accomplishment! I think you both deserve a Illuminations Cruise!

Okay - so it's your DW's birthday - not your anniversary!

Boy, oh boy! Time for me to go to bed!
Yes, it's her 50th birthday. Our 25th anniversary is next year, maybe we will go back for that

We loved the Boardwalk. We had a 3 bedroom villia. It was awesome. We walked to Epcot and sometimes took the boat. At park closing we always walked which seemed faster then waiting in a long line. It has left us with long lasting memories. It was very pretty at night.

We've stayed at the Boardwalk twice and we're going back next April to the Boardwalk. It's a great place to stay. There is so much you and can plus its just a sort boatride or a short walk away from MGM and Epcot. You cant forget Beach and Cream is a short distance if you're in the mood for ice cream late at night. You'll really enjoy staying at the Boardwalk. :goodvibes

DW and I have been considering doing the BW for my 50th birthday as well! Its an OMEN! Our only fly in the ointment has been my health. I've had 4 heart surgeries this year alone. A couple years ago I even had a heart attack at Disneyland!

I'm thinking we should go for it! BW here we come!

DHs 48th birthday is next week

We're celebrating it at WDW! He'll be joining DS & myself on our last night at AKL then we're moving over to 6nights at BCV. DHs first time at an EpCot resort :banana:

newholidayx2 said:
DHs 48th birthday is next week

We're celebrating it at WDW! He'll be joining DS & myself on our last night at AKL then we're moving over to 6nights at BCV. DHs first time at an EpCot resort :banana:

He's gonna love it! Congratulations on making it to 48. Looking back at my old high school yearbook I can see "the herd has been culled" quite a bit.

Celebrate each day with reckless abandon!

Darian said:
DW and I have been considering doing the BW for my 50th birthday as well! Its an OMEN! Our only fly in the ointment has been my health. I've had 4 heart surgeries this year alone. A couple years ago I even had a heart attack at Disneyland!

I'm thinking we should go for it! BW here we come!
You won't go wrong at the Boardwalk, it's my favorite place to stay, because of the location. Plus all the restaurant's that are there, and don't forget the ones at the Swan & Dolphin. I also wish you the best of health and i hope you have a great time and everything goes ok. Good luck

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter