Boardwalk Villa with a 5th person?

TheLittles

Mouseketeer
So we have a 1bedrm Boardwalk Villa booked for second week of Jan. We have 4 adults and 1 child. The reservation states that the room sleeps 4 but CAN accommodate a 5th person they just wont provide linens etc. Does this mean that I cannot request a rollaway bed?

You can request, DVC does not provide rollaway beds, you can try renting one, but still have a "where are you going to put it" problem.

years ago, we would bring an aerobed with built-in pump, sheets, pillow, etc, in a carry-on - it worked very well. As said, they don't provide any type of additional bed.

We used to travel with an air mattress when my boys wanted separate beds in a 1 bedroom. Now we just book 2 bedrooms - makes things easier!

You have to provide the sleeping surface. We have brought the air mattress and it worked out okay!

We've used the cushions from the pullout couch to build a bed for our young one. It worked, and was only an issue until we got the pullout bed put back together in the AM.

So we have a 1bedrm Boardwalk Villa booked for second week of Jan. We have 4 adults and 1 child. The reservation states that the room sleeps 4 but CAN accommodate a 5th person they just wont provide linens etc. Does this mean that I cannot request a rollaway bed?
Are you staying on DVC points? If you booked through Disney Reservation Center, you can't have the fifth person.

Are you staying on DVC points? If you booked through Disney Reservation Center, you can't have the fifth person.
Unless, of course, the 5th person is an infant under the age of 3.

We just stayed at a BWV studio and they have sleeping space for 5 people with the pull out couch and the pull down murphy bed. Strange that a studio has the room for 5 but a one bedroom does not.

We just stayed at a BWV studio and they have sleeping space for 5 people with the pull out couch and the pull down murphy bed. Strange that a studio has the room for 5 but a one bedroom does not.
Yes, many BWV owners agree with you! The issue is the configuration of the space - no place to put the Murphy bed in the 1BR.

Yes, many BWV owners agree with you! The issue is the configuration of the space - no place to put the Murphy bed in the 1BR.

SSR had the same layout. With the renovations, they took out the breakfast bar and they now have room for the pulldown in a 1 bedroom. They did not put one in the studios.

SSR had the same layout. With the renovations, they took out the breakfast bar and they now have room for the pulldown in a 1 bedroom. They did not put one in the studios.
BWV’s next hard goods refurb is a few years away. Hopefully they’ll do something like that then.

BWV’s next hard goods refurb is a few years away. Hopefully they’ll do something like that then.
Oh. Please NO! That would make the 2BR villas allow up to 10 people since they're all lock offs! I really don't want to see that level of occupancy in those rooms.

Oh. Please NO! That would make the 2BR villas allow up to 10 people since they're all lock offs! I really don't want to see that level of occupancy in those rooms.

Maybe if they change the 1 bedroom to 5, they will take out the ability for 5 from the studios so it matches SSR?

Maybe if they change the 1 bedroom to 5, they will take out the ability for 5 from the studios so it matches SSR?

Taking away could cause issues. Members may have bought based on 5 in a studio. Depends what is in the paperwork.

As much as I would love to see that happen (I can’t stand the reduction in storage space and the rickety table the 5th person modification left us with), I don’t see it happening. With 22 years left on the contracts and maybe one full refurb left between now and then, it wouldn’t make sense to roll back occupancy in the studios. On that same note, I don’t foresee them doing major changes to the 1BR villas during the next full refurb, either.

As much as I would love to see that happen (I can’t stand the reduction in storage space and the rickety table the 5th person modification left us with), I don’t see it happening. With 22 years left on the contracts and maybe one full refurb left between now and then, it wouldn’t make sense to roll back occupancy in the studios. On that same note, I don’t foresee them doing major changes to the 1BR villas during the next full refurb, either.
I cannot see them reducing capacity in any unit. It is a legal quagmire.
And I wish they had never allowed 5 in any studio! IMO, they completely ruined the BWV studios by putting in that fold-up camping table under the TV.

But they did. So now we only stay in 1 bedrooms at BWV. Maybe for us, it was a good thing,? How's that for making lemonade? :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter