Votes: 1 0.9%
  • No, The atmosphere is not worth it, the food was just okay

Votes: 9 7.9%
  • No, my experience was bad

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters

cinnaminny

DIS Veteran
We are trying to hit some spots we've never hit up before on our trip this summer. We have never been to the Blue Bayou. Everyone we know says you have to go to the Blue Bayou. I am not sure, I would only do it for the experience/ambiance, I am not sure that is enough. It looks interesting, but eating in the POC sounds unappetizing. I think maybe its the smell of the ride. It just seems like a weird place to eat at steak lol

The atmosphere is great. I would never tell anyone that they "have to go to Blue Bayou." I've enjoyed a couple meals there, but they are not amazing in any sense of the word. It has very nice atmosphere and can be a fun thing to do once in a while. If you don't want to pay a lot for mediocre service in a space that's too dark to really see your food, you don't "have" to go there.

We are trying to hit some spots we've never hit up before on our trip this summer. We have never been to the Blue Bayou. Everyone we know says you have to go to the Blue Bayou. I am not sure, I would only do it for the experience/ambiance, I am not sure that is enough. It looks interesting, but eating in the POC sounds unappetizing. I think maybe its the smell of the ride. It just seems like a weird place to eat at steak lol

We really enjoyed the experience there and just booked and ADR for May. The only downside was we were not very hungry, and my wife and I wanted to just order appetizers. We were sternly told the restaurant is not ala cart and we would have to order one entree for every appetizer.

We often go, and some of the food is quite good though not amazing. I agree the food has been hit or miss, but last time I was there (2 years ago), it was a hit. It's iconic and worth trying, imo.

We never went to the BB and decided one day to do it as a treat. We LOVED it! The ambiance, the food, the servers...all so amazing. It's such a relief from the hustle and bustle of the day to sit in the dark and watch the boats go by.

The one thing I do hate though is that sometimes groups on the boats will shriek over to the restaurant. One group in particular, "HI GUYS!! WHAT ARE YOU EATING?! THROW ME A BREADSTICK!! JUST ONE? PUH-LEASE!!! HI GUYYYYYSS! BrEADsticks!!!!"

Oh my gosh was that annoying, and totally ruined the quiet and nice atmosphere of both the ride and restaurant. It doesn't help that a group sitting on a water table next to us was encouraging the rowdiness by yelling stuff back. Luckily it only happened once in the hour or so of eating.

It's decent. It used to be a lot worse, if you can believe it. The atmosphere alone makes this a "signature" experience by WDW standards, however the menu can be a hit or miss, along with sometimes the servers rushing you through the dining experience in order to turn tables.

The salmon is decent and enjoyed it last time I was there for a bday dinner. It's definitely a must for others who have not tried it before, especially for dining inside the parks.

We just went in February it was our first visit to DLR and after much reading this seemed like a "must not miss" place. The atmosphere was good...but really unless seated near the water, its so dark you would not even see any of the PoTC boats going by, so so so dark in there.

The food was ok, nothing special and it was pricey.

Looking back at our trip this was our least favorite meal between all the TS and CS options.

The kiddo actually commented while riding PoTC that it was more interesting to watch the diners while going by on the boat then it was to be dining and watching the boats go by.

There was no option in your list for me.
Food was amazing. Atmosphere not so much.
It is super dark in there. I do have night blindness but even my sister and friends were like ummmm I can't see my food.
I'd still go because the food was good.

For me, it’s a must do. Partially it’s sentimental. I love the ambiance and I’ve never had a bad meal there.

I can see how some people might feel that it’s more expensive than it’s worth though. If I was looking at this purely as a culinary experience, I’d say it’s good, but I’ve had better food for less $$ in my life.

Overall, it’s the sum of all the parts that makes it worth it for me.

I’ve made it a point to always have a meal there and always enjoyed it. The food has been consistently good for us. My favorite method is to book the earliest lunch seating at 11:30 am, check in a few minutes early, and request waterside. Last time I missed booking 60 days out and only got 11:40, thus was seated one row back- lesson learned. Love the ambiance.

My husband has put his foot down about BB, he thinks it's that bad. I would only want to go for the F! seating. It's the one place I've ever sent back a steak for being poorly cooked. When I say medium-rare, I mean it.

We just tried it for the first time earlier this month and enjoyed the unique atmosphere. Food was better than expected (we went in with low expectations as we had the Fantasmic menu). Will it become a "must-do" on every trip? Not for us, but I would still recommend trying it once given the fact that it's a distinctive DLR experience. I would prefer eating at Carthay Circle more than BB, personally.

I have actually really liked the filet and lobster tail the last couple of times we went, I in that regard the food is worth it IMO

At a minimum, Blue Bayou is a "Try it at least to say that you've tried it to see what the hype is about" type of place to eat. Given that this is the highest end restaurant at the DL park itself, it's worth it just to have a really nice sit down dinner while enjoying the park. Whether it's worth it later is up to you. Just be sure to immediately book 60 days ahead of your arrival date to get the best time for dinner.

We eat at BB maybe every fourth trip to DLR. The food and atmosphere are good, but I do not like eating in the dark.

It's hard for me to say it's worth it. I voted for yes because of experience. The food was very subpar for the price except for the delicious Gumbo for an app. We sat at a water side table and that was awesome. But I've done it once, will probably never do again.

I found both the food and service to be pretty good when we did our F! dinner package last summer. But the service? Not so much. It took us, literally, 30 minutes from the end of our meal - plates cleared away, ready to go - to actually PAY for it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!