Blue Bayou ??

tyandbash

Mouseketeer
Hi, I'm trying to figure out the dining for our upcoming trip. I really want to try the BB, but honestly the menu looks better for us at Cafe Orleans. Still...was going to try the BB. I wanted to get an 11:30 reservation to try and get a window seat. However it just occured to me that the window seats may not even seat 5 people. Does anyone know how big the tables are at the window?? Thanks!!

There isn't any "window" seats. You sit out on a "patio" and you can get waterside seating (which is AWESOME!)

We had a water side table for 4 (they are small square tables) but right next to us, they had pushed 3 or 4 tables together for a pretty large table, waterside.

Definatly call them and they should be able to accommodate your party size.

As far as the menu, it isn't huge but it's all about the ambiance and the food they do have is good. I would have to say though, eat where you will enjoy the food. It's expensive to eat at Disney, and Blue Bayou is $$$ so eat where you will enjoy the food and the experience.

get the 11:30 reservation and check in about 11:15 or when the window opens that way you will get waterside seating.

Tables seat 4 but the table next to it is real close you could seat 2 and another 3 or they might be able to psh them together.

i was lucky enough to get a ressie for 11:30 am for upcoming trip:)

just wondering, if for some reason the waterside seats are all spoken for when we check in....can we ask to wait for the next available even if it's after our allotted time?popcorn::

i was lucky enough to get a ressie for 11:30 am for upcoming trip:)

just wondering, if for some reason the waterside seats are all spoken for when we check in....can we ask to wait for the next available even if it's after our allotted time?popcorn::

I'm not positive (I would think so, but it could be a long wait)...and I guess it would depend on what of year you are going.

We checked in at 11:15 and told them waterside seating please...we were the first party called back and had waterside seats (AWESOME and definatly worth the wait)

have a GREAT time!

BB is overpriced and mediocre in many opinions (mine included). We spent $160 for a family of 4 on lunch there. The kids each had one bite of the citrus drumettes with marinara noodles and would not eat more because it was so bad. My mahi mahi was dry and fishy tasting although the two shrimp it came with were very good.

My husband's prime rib was also very good. Dessert was very good. Nothing was great.

BB is worth doing one time though because of the ambience. But, do keep in mind the priciness and the food quality (or lack thereof).

I've eaten at BB many times and have never been disappointed with the food. We have tried the Monte Cristo, the Prime Rib, the fish, the Pork Chops. We've enjoyed them all. :) Make your PS for 11:30, check in at 11:15 and request waterside, you should get your request if you're one of the first parties to check in. :) Enjoy your meal!

We had dinner there once three years ago and are planning on doing lunch this time. I think the food is ok, a little overpriced but I figure I am paying for the experince rather then the food.

Not sure if this is routine but our ressie was 4:30, we were traveling with my sister and her kids. We all met there at 4:15, my DS who was 3 had to go potty so we left and she checked us in but they won't seat her because DS and I weren't there.

We were back within 15 minutes and they had gave our waterside seating away. Boy were my sister and all the kids irrated with me for leaving by what are you going to do? When a 3 yo needs a bathroom he needs it.

So to wrap this up make sure your whole party is present when you check in for seating.

I was sooo excited to eat there for the first time this last Feb. But I was kind of let down. The food was nothing special... at least for those prices, IMHO. I wouldn't spend my money on a meal there again. Might be ok for just desert.

Jan, so you know in the future, there's a bathroom inside the restaurant, if you're with someone who can hold it until you check in. :)

I just made a PS for us on Monday. Sounded like they are wide open, even though that's the actual holiday! Since DS refused to even touch the mac and cheese (as well he should, b/c that stuff was hideous and scary looking when out in the light) and being veggie that's really all available to him, we're going to get DS lunch earlier (and elsewhere). DH and I will have something light (in other words, share the portabello dish like we did last time) and we'll get dessert (and they noted DS's b'day!).

Since we've done the waterside seating and I could barely see (ever since having Lasik done I have extreme issues with seeing in darker places), I'll probably request a table closer to the doors so I can have some light!

Tyandbash I don't know how close your trip is, but like I said, they seemed wide open even on a holiday...

Jan, so you know in the future, there's a bathroom inside the restaurant, if you're with someone who can hold it until you check in. :)

I just made a PS for us on Monday. Sounded like they are wide open, even though that's the actual holiday! Since DS refused to even touch the mac and cheese (as well he should, b/c that stuff was hideous and scary looking when out in the light) and being veggie that's really all available to him, we're going to get DS lunch earlier (and elsewhere). DH and I will have something light (in other words, share the portabello dish like we did last time) and we'll get dessert (and they noted DS's b'day!).

Since we've done the waterside seating and I could barely see (ever since having Lasik done I have extreme issues with seeing in darker places), I'll probably request a table closer to the doors so I can have some light!

Tyandbash I don't know how close your trip is, but like I said, they seemed wide open even on a holiday...

You can get the noodles marinara (leave off the chicken drumettes) to have a second veggie choice at BB. But, I warn you, it probably isn't any better than the mac n' cheese.:eek:

Does anyone know how they feel about just ordering desserts? I know this was discussed on a previous post, but I don't think anyone reached a definite conclusion. Has anyone specifically had a problem with this?

QUOTE]

Thanks for the tip I didn't know that. We went to the one down around by the gift shop when you get off POTC, if I am making any sense. I know where I am talking about but explaining it can come across as confused!

I just wanted to add something about BB. When you request a waterside table and they say there is a wait, just wait for it.

When we were there last year, we waited about 15 minutes and were wanting to catch fantasmic so were in a bit of a hurry. They asked us if we would rather have a regular table so we said yes. Well we waited another good 5 minutes, and were seated right next to an empty waterside table, which they gave to the family that had just come in and asked for a waterside table as we were being seated. We were so bummed, if we had just said no we'll wait we would have been seated at the same time anyway and gotten a better table. So that's my vent, and my advice, always wait for your table :goodvibes

I have to say I was disappointed with the key lime pie. It tasted like a jello box mix to me...

WOW! Thanks for all of the replys!! We are not going until August, so I have not made the PS yet. But, I'm sure it will be crowded at that time. Does anyone know if the restaurant closes down after the lunch crowd, before opening for dinner?? Or does it just roll into the dinnertime?? Thanks!

Also, if we don't get a waterside table, is it still special to eat there?

I think it just rolls into it.

Today the Dining CM said that lunch seatings are from 11:30am to 3:40pm, so I figure dinner starts at 4'ish.

Yes, I think it's still special if you're not at the water. But ask me more about that next week! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter