BLT wow factor???

I'm not understanding the comparison between the lobby at BLT and the lobby at WL or AKL? Apples to apples would be BLT vs. the Villas at WL or AKL(Kidani), right?

Unless you are referring to the CR lobby vs. the WL or AKL lobbies? If so, then I can see your point - the entrance to CR is not as grandiose. However, just a few stories up, I would say the Grand Canyon Concourse definitely has a WOW factor!

That said, BLT, our home resort, is absolutely WOW for us!

THANKS EVERYONE FOR THE REPSONSES!! :thumbsup2 The wow for us is the whole first impression you get when you walk in.. like when you walk into the lobby at WL...??

Then you will not be "Wowed" at BLT (CR or otherwise). Our "Wow" was waling into the room, both the size (1BR) and the glass wall of MK. Not being able to see other rooms because of the curve is great as well, but mostly seeing MK at all times. My photo has some zoom-but I tried to make it about what you see, your eyes work better than a camera with no zoom.

Keep an open mind and try all resorts, they are all great in different ways.

Location, closeness to MK, and the lounge are WOW. Not the resort itself. The corridors look like a hospital and it doesn't really have a lobby. You will not say WOW when you walk in. The lobby facilities are at the Contemporary. The rooms are nice, decorated kinda modern.

To me BLT was WOW!!! loved it... the look, location etc..

To my husband....He hated it. He said he felt like he was in Crate and Barrel or Ikea

It's not for everyone I guess

Location, closeness to MK, and the lounge are WOW. Not the resort itself. The corridors look like a hospital and it doesn't really have a lobby. You will not say WOW when you walk in. The lobby facilities are at the Contemporary. The rooms are nice, decorated kinda modern.

+1

Very glad we did it once, won't be itching to do it again too soon. We've only done OKW, SSR and BLT though....time to maybe branch out and try one of the Epcot resorts.

I agree completely with the above comment - the corridors did remind me of a hospital! :lmao:

I'm not understanding the comparison between the lobby at BLT and the lobby at WL or AKL? Apples to apples would be BLT vs. the Villas at WL or AKL(Kidani), right?

Unless you are referring to the CR lobby vs. the WL or AKL lobbies? If so, then I can see your point - the entrance to CR is not as grandiose. However, just a few stories up, I would say the Grand Canyon Concourse definitely has a WOW factor!

+1

I would compare common areas so BC lobby, WL lobby, AK lobby, and maybe the concourse area in CR instead of the lobby. We own at BCV and love walking to so many different things, but we loved leaving the balcony door at BLT open a little and listening to the sounds from MK and watching the fireworks from the hotel. BLT/CR feels like the most "disney" of all of the DVC resorts.

"Wow" is definitely an individual thing. We own at BWV and love it, but just got back from a stay at BLT. We met the grandchildren, DD and DSIL there. We absolutely loved BLT. If you have little ones and spend time at MK, BLT is the place to be - so very convenient to be able to walk back and forth. The rooms are beautiful and we loved having 3 full bathrooms. We also felt the rooms were more spacious than BWV and much quieter.

The pool is great, especially for little ones -- there's even a water slide for wee ones. I can definitely see us staying there again with the family.

Wow factor is driving your rental car up the road leading to BLT, driving past the TTC, seeing the trams wisking guests to the ferry stop, seeing the monorail whiz past you as you drive, seeing Space Mountain and the Castle on your left, and your hotel immediately on your right.... WOW!

Wow is also the short walks to 2 pools, many restaurants, shops, and a monorail to go see two other beautiful resorts. I thought no place would ever wow me like AKL but it's a different kind of wow. Seeing the monorail everyday says Walt Disney World to me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter