BLT Sleeper Chair comfort?

decheez

Mouseketeer
Hi folks! I did search, but maybe my wording wasn't good enough to find the results I wanted. Ugh.

I'm looking for information on how comfortable the sleeper chair at BLT is compared to the pull out sofa? I've slept on pull out sofas at many of the DVC resorts and they are horrid. I have back and SI joint issues and sleeping on the pull out ruins me. We're looking at BLT and I'd be stuck with either the pull out sofa or the sleeper chair. Is the chair any better than the sofa? Thanks!

My kids have said it sleeps just like the sofa. They have no preference and really don’t care if they end up on the sofa or chair. Sounds like you will have issues on either.

I can't see an adult being comfortable on one of those. It would be like sleeping in a coffin it's so narrow.

Hi folks! I did search, but maybe my wording wasn't good enough to find the results I wanted. Ugh.

I'm looking for information on how comfortable the sleeper chair at BLT is compared to the pull out sofa? I've slept on pull out sofas at many of the DVC resorts and they are horrid. I have back and SI joint issues and sleeping on the pull out ruins me. We're looking at BLT and I'd be stuck with either the pull out sofa or the sleeper chair. Is the chair any better than the sofa? Thanks!
No. It’s not. I don’t get the whole thing. Hey, pay lots of money so 2 people can be comfortable while the other people sleep on something worse than the bed at a motel 6. Sleeps five 🙄. Sleeps 2… and… well… who really cares after that. 😂😝

No. It’s not. I don’t get the whole thing. Hey, pay lots of money so 2 people can be comfortable while the other people sleep on something worse than the bed at a motel 6. Sleeps five 🙄. Sleeps 2… and… well… who really cares after that. 😂😝
But it’s a deluxe motel6 feeling . Overdue for refurb too

My kids love that sleeper chair but I could never see myself sleeping on it. Though, I have slept in the sleeper sofa and didn't mind it.

My son slept in the sleeper chair this month at BLT.

He did put the chairs cushions on top of the mattress to make it softer.

I've slept on the BLT sleeper chair and thought it was similar to the pull out sofa beds (except obviously narrower). I thought it was decently comfortable and much more comfortable than the small murphy beds in the studios that sleep 5.

If you have a problem, get a 2 BR or stay at SSR or RIV where you get a Murphy style bed with a real mattress.

I can't see an adult being comfortable on one of those. It would be like sleeping in a coffin it's so narrow.
Actually, I am a 5'8" 200# male that loves the sleeper at AKW. Most comfortable nights sleep I had in all of WDW. The sleeper chairs are extremely comfortable, the pull out couch not so much.

My 14 year old, adult sized, daughter loves it. She HATES the pull out couch but loves the chair. Much more comfortable than the little pull down, single murphy beds at the other resorts.

Our Vacation Club Guide told us that the sleeper chairs have memory foam rather than the standard thin mattress on a sofa sleeper, and our adult son (who usually gets the chair) says it's much more comfortable.

Actually, I am a 5'8" 200# male that loves the sleeper at AKW. Most comfortable nights sleep I had in all of WDW. The sleeper chairs are extremely comfortable, the pull out couch not so much.

I can't sleep on anything that narrow. I move around too much and kick in my sleep. So that chair would be hell for me.

Family members who have slept on both the chair and couch bed when we were at BLT and at Kidani have said they both have about the same “comfort” level, better than similar things you find in far too many hotels but not as good as a bed. Note that the chair bed is not very narrow. It is just under twin-size mattress width and length, and much wider than the Murphy beds they have at a number of resorts that pull down from sthe cabinet beneath the TVs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter