BLT OR BCV

Gaboo414

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone I'm a current owner at AKV and CC. On our recent trip I realized I need another home resort. Now I am desperately torn between BLT and BCV. I really like the idea of the monorail at BLT. The resort itself is beautiful too. But so is BCV. Therefore I am torn as to where to purchase. And how soon to purchase as well. With prices going up, I dont want to end up waiting to pay more pp. Help please. What would you recommend?

They are really two very different resorts. Buy where you want to stay the most.
BCV is much more expensive per year, and has a much shorter contract, but it is harder to get a studio there, so that should play a big role in where you decide to buy.

I truly enjoy BCV and its pool, SAB, for our warm weather trips. Those would be for F&G as well as our early July, 4th and for a few days after so we can walk to Epcot for the fireworks.

We also own at BLT, and I find that pool to be too small. However, we like the resort and location a lot.

Buy the one that appeals to you the most.

I think BLT is the better buy now and will maintain resale value longer and stronger than BC, but if you really want BC and that location, buy there.

If you think you would visit during Food and Wine or Flower and Garden, BCV is a perfect location. And the pool is fun if you plan down time. If you have young children and the MK is your main focus, BLT is hard to beat. I will say, we never had difficulty booking BLT at 7 months, (although we never tried during the holidays) but have been glad to have the 11 month window to book BCV.

The other difference is length of contract. BCV ends in 2042 and BLT is 2060. While this is still quite a ways off, it could be important. I do love BLT but I own BWV specifically for the times I want to go to Food & Wine or Flower & Garden. Since you already own in the MK area with CC, BCV could give you another home resort vacation, especially if you are looking at this new contract for specific trips, etc.

IMO the monorail really isn't a reason to buy at BLT. The novelty is cool, but for actually getting around, not that great.

You buy at BLT for 1)the location and being able to walk to/from Magic Kingdom, 2) reasonable dues/point chart/contract length. Mostly it's #1 though.

Since you own at CCR you already have access to MK and the monorail via boat and AKL is it's own (gorgeous) resort, so why not buy Beach Club? You'll have access to EPCOT and the Studios. We just bought a small BWV to be at the International Gateway for F & W every fall and then we'll move over to OKW for the remainder of the two weeks. Time is money and rather than busing or driving all over multiple times a day, just gear your trips to the resort area you are in. You'll have more down time, less stress and can focus on being on vacation. After we first bought DVC in 1996, we were on a bus heading to OKW with another DVC owner and family and he remarked "it's the same as going to work - it's just going to Disney instead" and I've never forgotten that! You probably don't need a boatload of points, so buy what you need and enjoy!

Purely economical decision: BLT is a much better value. Like not even close to comparable. Cheaper per point, cheaper dues, longer contract. as far as on property resorts go, BLT is one of the best values, BCV probably the worst.

Since you can not decide between the 2 (or at least are asking for others to chime in) - I feel that economics alone are the reason to buy BLT.

All that being said, BLT and CR for that matter, goes along with YC as the only Disney resorts at which I have yet to stay as they offer no appeal. Beach Club wins here hands down.

Do you have kids? BLT is great if you go to MK a lot a you can walk it easily.

Being on the duct tape monorails may actually be a negative.

I have had success switching out to BCV for Dapper Day (and flower and garden) the past few years, but if you want to stay at BCV with any reliability, you have to buy there. If you are thinking food and wine, there basically is no choice.

BLT
+better value
+walk to MK
+views
-pools

BCV
+Walk to Epcot, walk over to Boardwalk at night
+SAB
-no real views from the villas
-very expensive

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter