• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

BLT - "non-parking lot" view?

wrighter

DIS Veteran
I have really tried to do my homework on BLT views - and there is A LOT of info available out there, which I am grateful for. But I have been left wondering about this one nagging thing, and figured someone might be able to assist.

We will be requesting an even-numbered lakeview studio. I understand that "north end" means possibly seeing MK and "south end" means seeing the Contemporary. My question is this:

Do all "north end" even numbered rooms also see some of the parking lot? I know I'm kooky, but I really would like to avoid looking at a parking lot if at all possible. If this is the case, we'll opt to request the "south end."

I also understand that we could always request an odd-numbered room to avoid the parking lot, but then we look at all the other balconies. Definitely shooting for the "peace and tranquility" view. :-)

(Disclaimer: I know requests are just that: requests. :-) We've received our requests on some visits and not on others. Won't phase us. But every time we stay someplace new, I like to know going in what the options are.)

Thanks, all!

If you have even numbered north tower room, as you mentioned, you will see some parking lot (and monorail). We also have been over a trash collection area near the tennis courts. Seeing the castle from my balcony when I woke up in the morning trumped the view below. I looked out, not down. There is also barely a lake view from that side -- just the edge of the lake.

We had equal views of MK and the lake in our north side studio. And yes we could lot as well. Studio Villa 8108.

Straight ahead

file-169.jpg

To the Left

file-170.jpg

To the Right

file-174.jpg

And the Monorail

file-175.jpg

file-182.jpg

If you request a room to get a view of the MK that means you'll also see the parking lot. No other way around it because it's between BLT and the MK.

If you have an even numbered view and don't get one of the first 2-3 rooms on the South end you will have a parking lot in your view- if you do not want any view of parking lots then request a odd numbered room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter