• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

BLT Ground Floor Units (on inside pool view)

PetePanMan

DIS Veteran
Can you access common areas (ie shuffle board, bocce, wlakways to pool etc.) from the ground floor units on inside?

Thx

There was some low but fairly dense landscaping between our patio and the bocce court. I'm a little leery of critters so I didn't want to risk it.

You would not be able to lock the door behind u though...

Can you access common areas (ie shuffle board, bocce, wlakways to pool etc.) from the ground floor units on inside?

Thx

DVC usually doesn't want guests to trample through the landscaping to get to the pool and other areas from the patio.

I actually looked at this when we were there last week cause I thought that would be very convenient too. With little ones, we were going back and forth from pool to room a lot. Anyway, there really isn't access or any paths to the first floor patios. There are densely-packed, low shrubs all around and you wouldn't want to be walking through all that.

We had the room right beside the shuffleboard courts last year and I walked directly out to the pool. I did not have to work through any shrubbery.

I think it depends on the room, I don't know at all about the ground floor at BLT.

we had a ground floor studio at BWV. it was facing the driveway. there was a huge field(actually, very well kept lawn) between us and the driveway and there was NO landscaping between it and us.. it we had the boys with us they would have played there. (but now they are 30 and 33 and were not with us!)

at BCV, when you walked into the villas door from the villas quiet ppol, there were rooms right next to the walkway that had no shrubbery.. I mentioned to hubby that I wouldn't want those rooms as anyone waling into the entrance was a foot away from someone sitting on the patio, not very private.

but anywhere ther IS shrubbery, I wouldn't walk through it.. #1 there are snakes in florida.
#2 as deb and bill said, it ruins the shruberry. at my first house, I was trying to grow a rose hedge in the front yard, between my house and my neighbor. the maillady kept walking through it. (they weren't full grown yet) I kept asking her, nicely, not to, as the "hedge" would not be a "hedge" if there was a big gap in it. (she actually made me go through the trouble of writing a formal letter to the post office requesting it. :confused3 )

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter