BLT grand villa-8422-First DVC stay..LONG

Thank you both for posting your GV experiences. I only have 225 BLT points and don't think I'll ever use them for a GV so it was fun to enjoy your fun times.

HEY ALL...and a shout out to 4DISNEYADDICTS!!!!

We just got back today from the BLT....SAME ROOM YOU WERE IN!!!:cool1:
It was awesome!!! I can tell you my heart was pounding when we were at the front desk (we arrived last Tuesday the 17th) just waiting to hear the room number!! Our room wasn't ready when we got there at 1ish....and they couldn't tell me which one until it was ready (they texted the room number to us at 3PM). I was THRILLED because it was the same room you had noted in your post!! :banana:

Anyway....the view was fantastic...just as you said! VERY spacious!! There were 7 adults and 2 children under the age of 3. One guest brought a twin size air mattress and slept in the Laundry room. She had to go in, close the door, THEN blow it up...there's not enough room to open the door if the air mattress is inflated. She was happy....didn't complain....and had her own room! LOL!! We only did laundry during the day as not to disturb her.;)

I thought there was plenty of storage space. Even the closets upstairs! We had a crib brought up from Housekeeping and it actually could fit IN the closet...altho it may be difficult lifting a child up from the high end of the crib (keep in mind that depending on where the room is located on the CURVE of the building the closets may be smaller or bigger....each of ours upstairs were different sizes). Our guests just moved one bed over just a pinch and the crib fit between their bed and the wall. Also, they ordered a rocking chair from ABBF. Housekeeping was more than happy to move the table and two chairs out so there would be enough room.:thumbsup2

That's all I can write for now.... I'm still trying to get the house in order and kids ready for school tomorrow, but please ask any questions and I will try to answer them as soon as I am able!!!

Can't wait for next year's trip (sadly no plans YET)!!:sad2:

So glad you enjoyed the villa too! Since this was our first DVC stay, we had 2 years worth of points, plus we could only do 3 days since it was after a cruise. Since we had enough points we decided to splurge and share it with others. Don't know if we will ever do it again because we plan to use our points every year!

So glad you enjoyed the villa too! Since this was our first DVC stay, we had 2 years worth of points, plus we could only do 3 days since it was after a cruise. Since we had enough points we decided to splurge and share it with others. Don't know if we will ever do it again because we plan to use our points every year!

Agreed!! We hope to do one (but hoping for two:love:) trips a year (prob 1 BDRM's at BLT)..... (we HOPE that is)!!! :scared1: We have a daughter going off to college in Sept :yay:so we'll have to see how the finances are.:sad2: The GV will be saved for a special occasion only!:thumbsup2

Hubby already has the BUG!! Called and booked the CR for a year from now just to have a reservation to look forward to!! We're hoping to get a 1 bedroom with cash at 6 months out next year since we're out of points!:rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter