BLT -- A Sandwich or a Resort? Nov 09 TR (12/9 Lessons Learned)

No Animal Kingdom? :faint:

Yeah, it's a toss up between Toy Story Mania and Playhouse Disney (w/maybe a hope to get on ToT and RnR)

or

Safari and Nemo Show (w/maybe a hope to get on Everest and Dinosaur)

When I stack them like that, DHS wins (mostly b/c of TSM).

Take shelter...I've arrived!!! :rotfl:

Great title and great start!

I sure would love to save the $$ and we'll have 3 seats. Hopefully if we go thru Southwest, we'll get "A" and can pick 3 in a row...but then I was thinking maybe we want to reserve 2 seats (aisle and window) in one row and one aisle in another. As long as it's not a full flight, no one is going to want to take the middle seat between DH and my 4 year old...so perhaps we could get it anyway, w/o paying.

I think that could work...

However, I'll have to read on to see if you've made a decision yet. I'm only on page 1

Since our trip is still many months away, there is not much I'm planning right now.

I made a list of attractions in each park that I want to do (will post later) and also the TS/CS and shows I'd like to go to. Definitely have to narrow down this list.

I made a note on my calendar of when I can make my ADRs. I also wrote down the date when Southwest is supposed to come out with their November airfares.

I need to keep alert on DIS in case there is a leak as to when WDW will raise their ticket prices. Two years ago we caught this and were able to purchase our Annual Pass at the cheaper price. I'm hoping to do the same again this year.

On a personal note, I just purchased tickets to American Idol's concert tour in DC as a surprise "date night" for my DH and I. We've been watching all the shows this year (a first for my DH!) so I thought it might be a nice surprise to actually go to the concert. This would be only my 2nd BIG concert in my life...the first being the Rolling Stones. I won tickets to see them!

ooh fun! :yay:

A small update ...

I was able to get into a Double Stroller Swap on the DIS for our November trip. :banana:

We'll still bring one of our own strollers along to have help at the airports but this way we'll only have one stroller in the park. ... and as someone said on here, if DD3 doesn't need it then we'll just have more room to put our "stuff".

that's great! You are so good at getting in on stuff like that...

My parents were able to tour the BLT models and they said the BLT 1BR is fantastic -- very large, lots of counterspace/tables, double shower sprayers, two full bathrooms, etc.

They did not like the colors at all but said the 1BR was "phenomenal".

Now the Studio completely turned them off. They said the bathroom section that has the toilet does not have the sink. And in fact you have to walk down a short hall, around a corner to get to the sink. Then the kitchen area and the bathroom sink are right next to each other, sort of like a galley kitchen.

This doesn't make sense at all...why would you have to walk so much with dirty hands? Wouldn't you want to reach a sink within just a few feet?:confused:

hmm...that makes NO sense at all!

glad that 1 BR is nice!

No problem:goodvibes

Aww that stinks..but am sure it will still be fun:goodvibes

I would wear nice pair of jeans and a form fitting top, ya know, like we used to do when we were teenagers :laughing: Gotta look hot for ya man :love:

yeah yeah!! :woohoo:

I dunno anything about AK so I can't help you here.

Chris and I LOVE Sci Fi. When you're there you totally should get a Marsha's Martian (see you share your name with the BEST drink EVER!!) :thumbsup2 Since you're still nursing Elie I know you won't really be able to have it but your DH can enjoy it. :thumbsup2

oh those are SO delish!

AK Amendment

My DD3 told me that she wants to do the Dinosaur ride since "she likes Dinosaurs". Hmmm, I'm wondering if this would be too intense for a 4 yo?

I haven't been on since 2003(ish), but I'm remembering that it was very dark, very bumpy and a bit confusing b/c you just zoom through.

I liked it but what age do you think would be appropriate for this?:confused:

In my opinion, it's too scary for a 4 y/o. It's even scary for me! :rotfl:

I have been to AK. We went for the first time in Sept '07. We did the Safari and the petting zoo and then I got claustrophobic/we were bored so we left and headed back to MK. I'm not big on walking around and staring at animals so it's just not my kind of park. I would like to go back over to AK this year and ride Kali and EE tho.

Well, if they did it would be basically a chocolate shake at that point :laughing:Really the only alcohol that's in it is the Kalua and Baily's but you can't taste it so even with the Kalua in it tastes like a chocolate milk shake which is why I like it so much.

Here's what they have written on the menu for the drink
Marsha's Martian - Chocolate and vanilla shakes, mixed with Bailey's Irish Cream and Kahlua. - $9.50

BTW if you like ribs...the ones at Sci Fi are delicious!! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

I actually didn't too much care for the ribs. Maybe it was an off day for the cook. Or maybe I'm a rib snob. :laughing:

I've heard good things about the burgers though

We have decided we are not going to buy any points at BLT. Our traveling style is to go a week usually and we cannot afford to buy enough points to go for a week in summertimer at BLT 1BR with 11 months priority -- even if we'd go every 3 years. So we'll just have to use our existing points and hope to get in at 7 months.

I'm disappointed but this is a very practical decision for us. (And after going in Nov, if we really fall in love with it, then we can always reconsider...)

Since we still do need more points for summertime travels in our future, we plan to just add on more points at AKV so we can stay there a full week, with 11 months priority. I'm not sure when this will happen.

I'm hoping either DVC comes out with a really cool incentive at AKV or I'll just go through resale. So now I'm trying to check the resale boards each day to see what's around. When we get serious, I'll contact them to put in our request.

glad you were able to come to a decision. Good luck finding a resale for AKV!

EPCOT

Priority - Soarin, Test Track, Nemo, Mexico, Spaceship Earth and Imagination Fountain Family Photo

(For those of you who have followed my past TR, you know that this Family Photo is really important to me. We get one every trip.)

Seconds - Imagination, The Land Boat Ride, Norway

Go Crazy and Have Fun - ?? or Innoventions

I can't recall any playground at Epcot. I know they have some areas where you can play in the water fountains or misters, but in November these may not be practical.

Adult - Mission Space and Shopping in World Showcase, Voices of Liberty

Food - Coral Reef, Germany, Garden Grill, Le Cellier, Sunshine (The Land) or Morrocco CS

Illuminations if we're in Epcot at night.
=================

As you can see, we have lots of stuff to do in Epcot. This is probably my favorite park.

I DEFINITELY vote Le Cellier! :thumbsup2

Magic Kingdom

Priority - Dumbo, Haunted Mansion (swap?), PoC, Splash Mountain (swap), BTMRR (?), Buzz Lightyear, Goofy's Barnstormer (swap), Tea Cups

Seconds - Peter Pan, IASW, Carousel, Jungle Cruise, Country Bears, Tiki Room

Go crazy and run - Tom Sawyer Island, Playgrounds

Adult - * soft opening of Space Mountain *??

Food - Caramel-nut Apple, Pecos Bill, Cosmic Ray's or {gasp :lmao:} Crystal Palace for breakfast.

Yes, I'm seriously considering going to CP since everyone gives it wonderful reviews and I figure we better go while the girls are still young.

I'd like to do the 3pm parade, spectromagic and wishes.

Our special picture for this park will be DH and I jumping in front of the castle...here's the one we did last May
image173.jpg

==========
I think we'll be in MK at least 3 different times in our 5 days there. We just have so much to do and see.

Oh, and DD3 said she wants to do a show where she can be in it (like the Sword in the Stone, etc)...do you know of any others? I'll have to research this.

hope you get to see Space Mt!

LOVE that picture. DH and I tried to do that last year and were told we did not have on the right shoes (I had on flip flops) :sad2:

So last night I went through all the menus that I had printed from All Ears and did my first cut of restaurants. I only started with those places that are either in a theme park or that we can easily get to on the monorail/boats.

I still need to narrow this list down more. I'm not even sure we'll get to any TS but I want to be prepared so I'll make some ADRs just in case. If I have to cancel, then I'll make someone really happy!

Please provide any good/bad/ugly comments on your experiences. Those marked with a * are ones that I've never been to before so definitely need your advice for both food quality and ability to entertain kids.

Breakfast
======
* Crystal Palace

Lunch or Dinner
====
* Liberty Tree Tavern
* Tusker House
* Sci Fi Dine In
* Plaza Restaurant
* Tony's Town Square
* The Wave
* Biergarten
* 1900 Park Fare

Le Cellier (one of my fav)
Trail's End Buffet (good for cheap dining)
Coral Reef (good meal and FISH!)

I enjoyed Crystal Palace the few times I've been there. The characters are good and I liked the food.

Sci Fi is fun....the food isn't the best but it's fun! Try a milkshake!

I have heard bad reviews on the Wave, but maybe they will improve upon it in time.

I was not impressed by Biergarten. Also I think the oompa music would be too loud for Elie.

That's all the ones I've been to so hope that helps!

We're arriving on a Saturday for ME...so I'm expecting a long line...

Glad to hear you had positive experiences with the busses. We'd only need to use it for DTD and DHS.

I think we will skip AK altogether... and if we do go, I'll tell DD3 that Dinosaur can be for when she is older.

Where do your cousins own? Good luck getting into BLT for 2010. We are also going in 2010, prob July, but it'll prob be at Kidani or Boardwalk.

Oh and I totally forgot to say Welcome to my report!

yes, expect a long line. But also depends on what time you get there. We arrived around noon in '07 and experienced a VERY long line. But last year we arrived a couple hours earlier and experienced a wait, but about half the wait of '07

Ok, how's this look?

Sat AM - Airport, ME
Lunch - Food Court
Sat PM - Garden Grill and Epcot ... bed early

Sun AM - DHS
Lunch - Le Cellier (we could take boat from DHS to Epcot and then walk through epcot to monorail...is this too much?)
Sun PM - OPEN (DTD or swim or Rooftop Lounge for MVMCP fireworks)

Mon AM - Crystal Palace and MK
Lunch - CS
Mon PM - MK (hopefully for Spectro and Wishes but they haven't put the schedule out yet)

Tues AM - Epcot
Lunch - Coral Reef
Tues PM - OPEN (Epcot, DTD, swim or Rooftop Lounge for MVMCP fireworks)

Wed AM - Pack and MK
Lunch - CS
Wed PM - Airport

My DH will be proud of me - I actually *scheduled* Open time!!:rotfl::rotfl2:

that actually looks really great! I'm so jealous right now...hehe

Take shelter...I've arrived!!! :rotfl:

Great title and great start!

I think that could work...

However, I'll have to read on to see if you've made a decision yet. I'm only on page 1

No, we haven't made a decision yet on whether to buy a seat for Elie...if we can get a good price, we'll just go ahead and get her a ticket. If they are $$, then we'll just do 3.

When I priced originally tickets were $400 -- yikes!! But I tried again this week and they were down to $250 -- still too much.

I'm waiting for Southwest to come out with November schedule and will either book them or hope that United lowers their price.

I'm hoping that by November, ME and SW will partner.

I DEFINITELY vote Le Cellier! :thumbsup2

hope you get to see Space Mt!

LOVE that picture. DH and I tried to do that last year and were told we did not have on the right shoes (I had on flip flops) :sad2:

I enjoyed Crystal Palace the few times I've been there. The characters are good and I liked the food.

Sci Fi is fun....the food isn't the best but it's fun! Try a milkshake!

I have heard bad reviews on the Wave, but maybe they will improve upon it in time.

I was not impressed by Biergarten. Also I think the oompa music would be too loud for Elie.

That's all the ones I've been to so hope that helps!

DH wants to go to Le Cellier for his filet mignon. I love it too but this restaurant isn't really kid-friendly.

So the Photopass photographers wouldn't let you do the jump in front of the castle b/c of your shoes? I wonder if this is a new policy? As you can see I had Crocs on which are similar to flip flops...

Thanks for info on noise level for biergarten...as you can see from the current schedule, we took it off the list. DH says he doesn't think he'll like German food.

yes, expect a long line. But also depends on what time you get there. We arrived around noon in '07 and experienced a VERY long line. But last year we arrived a couple hours earlier and experienced a wait, but about half the wait of '07

that actually looks really great! I'm so jealous right now...hehe

We will try to get a 9am flight if SW offers that which gets us in around 11am...otherwise it'll be a 1pm flight getting us in around 3pm.

Yeah, it's cool to be making a schedule. I like this time when you get to plan and know that you have a trip on the books. And actually we are going with my parents and sister's family in summer 2010 (July?) so it really feels good to know that we'll be back again...will make leaving in Nov less painful.

No, we haven't made a decision yet on whether to buy a seat for Elie...if we can get a good price, we'll just go ahead and get her a ticket. If they are $$, then we'll just do 3.

When I priced originally tickets were $400 -- yikes!! But I tried again this week and they were down to $250 -- still too much.

I'm waiting for Southwest to come out with November schedule and will either book them or hope that United lowers their price.

DH wants to go to Le Cellier for his filet mignon. I love it too but this restaurant isn't really kid-friendly.

So the Photopass photographers wouldn't let you do the jump in front of the castle b/c of your shoes? I wonder if this is a new policy? As you can see I had Crocs on which are similar to flip flops...

Thanks for info on noise level for biergarten...as you can see from the current schedule, we took it off the list. DH says he doesn't think he'll like German food.

I saw that SW right now is testing out ME with Pop Century. If that goes well, all resorts should follow shortly after :woohoo:

I saw that SW right now is testing out ME with Pop Century. If that goes well, all resorts should follow shortly after :woohoo:

that's what I'm hoping for too!! Would rather do SW since they don't charge for bags.

I still think we may have to ship down some items like diapers and snacks...we'll have our hands full with 2 girls in the airport (and only one stroller) so having less luggage would be good.

I hope SW and ME will partner too! Hope they have a good flight for you when the flights come out. I LOVE SW!

We will try to get a 9am flight if SW offers that which gets us in around 11am...otherwise it'll be a 1pm flight getting us in around 3pm.

Yeah, it's cool to be making a schedule. I like this time when you get to plan and know that you have a trip on the books. And actually we are going with my parents and sister's family in summer 2010 (July?) so it really feels good to know that we'll be back again...will make leaving in Nov less painful.

I hope you get the morning one!

yeah it's a fun time!!

oh yeah, MUCH less painful. I wish we were planning a trip right now :sad1:

If you've read either of my TR below from Sept or May, you'll know that I love to do crafts. I started with Scrapbooking and now have done t-shirts, activity books, seasonal crafts, etc.

Well, DD3 and I just completed our Father's Day gift to him. I think it turned out really cute.

JPEG021-3.jpg

It's made with wood letters from AC Moore and embellished with paper, buttons, small wood figures, glitter. I mod-podged it to seal it. And I put a pocket in the back of the D's so we could replace the photo in the future.

If you've read either of my TR below from Sept or May, you'll know that I love to do crafts. I started with Scrapbooking and now have done t-shirts, activity books, seasonal crafts, etc.

Well, DD3 and I just completed our Father's Day gift to him. I think it turned out really cute.

JPEG021-3.jpg

It's made with wood letters from AC Moore and embellished with paper, buttons, small wood figures, glitter. I mod-podged it to seal it. And I put a pocket in the back of the D's so we could replace the photo in the future.

wow....Marsha...you are SoooOoOO good! Looks great!

Ok, how's this look?

Sat AM - Airport, ME
Lunch - Food Court
Sat PM - Garden Grill and Epcot ... bed early

Sun AM - DHS
Lunch - Le Cellier (we could take boat from DHS to Epcot and then walk through epcot to monorail...is this too much?)
Sun PM - OPEN (DTD or swim or Rooftop Lounge for MVMCP fireworks)

Mon AM - Crystal Palace and MK
Lunch - CS
Mon PM - MK (hopefully for Spectro and Wishes but they haven't put the schedule out yet)

Tues AM - Epcot
Lunch - Coral Reef
Tues PM - OPEN (Epcot, DTD, swim or Rooftop Lounge for MVMCP fireworks)

Wed AM - Pack and MK
Lunch - CS
Wed PM - Airport

My DH will be proud of me - I actually *scheduled* Open time!!:rotfl::rotfl2:

I like the open time too! It allows some flexibility when it comes to your planning and plus, you can enjoy the new BLT..!

JPEG021-3.jpg

That is absolutely adorable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter