Blown away by this "budget suggestion" is this STEALING to you

Is this stealing??

• HELL YES!!!

• NO way!

• other.....because there is always an other

Results are only viewable after voting.

Natalie's Mommy

Mouseketeer
so my friend posted on her facebook that she i looking for help to book a disney vacation. i of course jump all over that because im addicted to disney and find her the best deal and walk her through how to book it online to get the same price i did (needs 2 rooms) and a couple other people chiming in staying that staying off property would be cheaper (it isn't.....i did the math once you factor in a mini van for a rental car, parking, and then of course since this would be staying off site for budget reasons you might get the flee bag motel) and one women posted this to my arguement that parking and gas would eat up a huge chunk of her budget

If staying offsite and want to enjoy free parking or the pools(except Yacht & Beach Club Resort ) park at hotel. Tell guard you either have a dining Res or you want to view the hotel for a possible stay. Find lobby restroom and you will fit right in! May take more time but budget budget budget....

and i about died!!! that is sooo stealing!!! stealing a parking spot from someone who paid the cost to stay on propery, stealing the use of the disney transportation that is built into the hotel costs and just soooo wrong! and this lady use to be a disney travel agent :scared1:

ok i'll get off my soapbox now but here is the question, stealing or being super frugal? and i thought i was frugal!

Stealing. Especially if I saved all year to pay for that trip and you and your family of four are taking up space in the pool and I have a hard time squeezing into it. I suspect you'll get some pretty heated responses.

This is why I like BC, they check ID.

Now that being said I have parked at a hotel when I really did have dinner ressies. That is not the same thing at all.popcorn::

I agree this is wrong. I think all hotels should check IDs to avoid this.

Yeah, it isn't cool, but most of the time it is more hassle then it is worth.

BTW, I stayed at Bonnet Creek this October, rented a car, paid for parking and it was $1500 cheaper then our stay at BWV the year before, for a two bedroom with full kitchen and a view of Illuminations from my balcony.

Stealing. But unfortunately, this "tip" has appeared in several guidebooks and an websites over the years. It's why disney cracked down on the pool hopping and parking at resorts.

Not only stealing, its a good way to get your car towed.

Most of the "close to the theme park" resorts now make you give a name if you are staying there in order to park, and all have you give your drivers license and write down your plate which then can check against reservations. If you want to "check out the hotel" you'll be given a parking voucher good for a few hours. The Contemporary and Poly are particularly harsh towers, but Boardwalk and the Y&BC are getting harsher.

It's wrong. It's rude. It's not stealing. Put it this way. Could Disney call the police and have that person arrested for stealing a parking place? :rotfl2: Sorry but illegal parking isn't stealing. Disney could tow the car.

That person "stole" a parking place from a paying guest? Only true if you think that paying guest has the legal right to call the police and have that person arrested

Many locals park at the Boardwalk overflow parking lot and ride the buses from the Boardwalk stop. I stayed at the BWV in January and struck up conversations with people all the time, and about 25% of the people we talked to were using the Boardwalk parking lot as a free lot.

Stealing. But unfortunately, this "tip" has appeared in several guidebooks and an websites over the years. It's why disney cracked down on the pool hopping and parking at resorts.

most likley by retired travel agents like the lady who posted this on my friends wall....luckly my friend has morals and wouldn't do this! :thumbsup2

It's not stealing but it is a low rent move.

On the subject of on site off site and which is cheaper, check your math and your group, on site is not always cheaper.

If someone can't afford $14/day for parking then they can't afford WDW. I'm all about keeping a low budget for vacation, but it can be done in other ways. If the pool is a big priority then they need to find accommodations that fit their expectations, and refrain from using amenities that they didn't pay for.

Yeah, it isn't cool, but most of the time it is more hassle then it is worth.

BTW, I stayed at Bonnet Creek this October, rented a car, paid for parking and it was $1500 cheaper then our stay at BWV the year before, for a two bedroom with full kitchen and a view of Illuminations from my balcony.

Stayed at Windsor Hills two years in a row...3 br condo, rental car, airfare, parking at WdW, and tix...still cheaper than one room at POR!

I thought that hotels in WDW were cracking down on people who tried to park there all day. Is it stealing to me? Not really. I'm a rule follower so I wouldn't do it though.

It's not stealing but it is a low rent move.

On the subject of on site off site and which is cheaper, check your math and your group, on site is not always cheaper.

she wants to stay as close to 3k without the meal plan as she can. i've got her at $3200 for a group of 5 (2 adults, 11, 9 and 6 year old). that includes airfare

I think adding to the thread that paying fees to the Tow Company will be something they should add to the budget if they choose to bend the rules would be just the ticket.

she wants to stay as close to 3k without the meal plan as she can. i've got her at $3200 for a group of 5 (2 adults, 11, 9 and 6 year old). that includes airfare

A friend of mine stayed at a condo in a Global Resort Homes resort and it was very reasonable. She loved it. If I remember correctly there was a pool, tennis court and playground and it was only a couple of miles from WDW. She went in the summer and it was less than $200/night for a 3BR.

If someone can't afford $14/day for parking then they can't afford WDW. I'm all about keeping a low budget for vacation, but it can be done in other ways. If the pool is a big priority then they need to find accommodations that fit their expectations, and refrain from using amenities that they didn't pay for.

Agreed.The parking and pools are a tiny part of the benefit of staying at a WDW resort. You are paying for the service, IMO. If you park at a resort, you still have to get to the parks. It's faster to park at the park itself. And, you can get just as nice, if not a better pool at an off site property. Is it really worth the aggravation to pool hop? That's something I did when I was 15 because I didn't have a pool! :rolleyes:

A friend of mine stayed at a condo in a Global Resort Homes resort and it was very reasonable. She loved it. If I remember correctly there was a pool, tennis court and playground and it was only a couple of miles from WDW. She went in the summer and it was less than $200/night for a 3BR.

2 rooms at the all stars is only $172. :thumbsup2 and she is totally ok with booking 2 rooms

I figured if you REALLY wanted to save money you could park at Downtown Disney, go to a resort and then go to a park. I think that would take forever and it would be much better just to pay for parking :)

People may think they are saving money, but they spend so much time that it isn't worth it in the end to many of us. People will do what they want, they will justify it however they can and the rest of us just have to deal with that. It is unfortunate, but really who wants to carry the change of clothes, towels since many of the monorail resorts ask for keys to get towels, and the length of time it takes to deal with additional disney transportation once parked...not worth the hassle to me! Staying off site means there is a $14 per day parking charge, if you don't like it or can't afford it then you shouldn't be going to Disney because you can't afford it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!