Blended O'HANA: lights, water fountains, and characters OH MY!

Behold...grapes...

Meh. I'm betting you took that photo at your local supermarket.

;)

Another cool thing we saw on this trip that is no longer in Epcot were the trolls in Norway. They were set up all over the pavilion. It was really fun to look for them.

That is cool!

img_0177-jpg.384033

Really in love with this one.

So back to Epcot in 2018 in Future World. Night was approaching. I love it when the lights start coming on.

Me too. :)

After finding Nemo in our clam shells we decided to do Turtle Talk with Crush.

I haven't done that in years. But really liked it.

We were a large party so they seated us on the third tier. It would have been nice to be seated closer for the kids.

Only problem with the third tier is I can't see that far. It's just too dark through that thick glass. So I can wave to the kids in the first two tiers... but if there are kids in the third tier waving... I don't see them at all.

he finally stopped fussing when the door opened and 2 teenagers walked in. He turned off the fuss and turned on the charm, all smiles for the girls. He was ready to charm and they did not even look his way. Poor boy.

Tell him to get used to it.

:lmao:

Meh. I'm betting you took that photo at your local supermarket.

;)

How did you know?

That is cool!

We really enjoyed looking for all the different trolls.

Really in love with this one.

Yeah, he's kinda cute.

I haven't done that in years. But really liked it.

You should stop in again.

Only problem with the third tier is I can't see that far. It's just too dark through that thick glass. So I can wave to the kids in the first two tiers... but if there are kids in the third tier waving... I don't see them at all.

I can understand that. It's pretty far for the kids to see the fish too.

Tell him to get used to it.

:lmao:

Poor kid.

My niece hasn't heard yet either - fingers are still crossed, but we're starting to lose hope :(

Looks like we'll be making a trip to Atlanta next weekend to give character tryouts a shot.

Thanks so much :)

You're very welcome. Let us know if you make them.

Wait, what does that mean? Did Danielle get a character interview? If so, that's great - congrats!!

No she did not. It's open audition. Another shot to get an internship. The Dallas tryouts are closer but she can't miss class on Thursday. She has Monday, Tuesday and half a day on Wednesday off for Mardi Gras break. She only has one class on Friday and the professor has already cancelled class. I'm hoping I don't end up in the hotel @pkondz stayed out.

No she did not. It's open audition. Another shot to get an internship. The Dallas tryouts are closer but she can't miss class on Thursday. She has Monday, Tuesday and half a day on Wednesday off for Mardi Gras break. She only has one class on Friday and the professor has already cancelled class. I'm hoping I don't end up in the hotel @pkondz stayed out.

Oh, I didn't know about that option - best of luck to her!!

2E7B4BED-7F25-46A3-804B-105990E32106.jpeg
You're very welcome. Let us know if you make them.

Well I made an effort to make them but we don’t do square pretzels this side of the Atlantic apparently ( I asked in several stores lol) and mini m&m could not be found so I had to use cake decorations so mine are definitely not as perfect as yours but I then made Mickey head tophats too as they were easier :thumbsup2
Thanks again for letting me steal your ideas :)
75ADD81D-9CBE-440A-A5B8-54790B463477.jpeg

Well I made an effort to make them but we don’t do square pretzels this side of the Atlantic apparently ( I asked in several stores lol) and mini m&m could not be found so I had to use cake decorations so mine are definitely not as perfect as yours but I then made Mickey head tophats too as they were easier :thumbsup2
Thanks again for letting me steal your ideas :)

I think they look delicious! I really like the tophats. Have a great party!

If I remember correctly, we had to wait forever to get into CReef as well. I wonder if that's a consistent issue there.

Lovely time in The Seas!

Ohana means family, and family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten.

That being said, we spent half of our trip with Gia's mom (Ashley), stepdad (David), and other little brother (Christian). I believe we are what some would call a “blended family.” But honestly, after all the hard work and love we all had to put in to making this work, I consider it more of a “contouring family”. *WHERE MY LADIES THAT DO GOOD MAKEUP AT?! YOU KNOW WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT!* Obviously not an ideal family situation, but we do our best as parents to make life as seamless and easy as possible for a little girl that lives in two different houses any given week. So you know what?! We Disney'd together. Yep. That happened! And you know what else?! We had a lot of fun! I just hope that she looks back one day and remembers how great her childhood was because she didn't have to choose between parents or sides. That she could have everyone she loved be in one place and it be okay. And it's not easy, but we all put a lot of effort into it and make it

Ashley really likes to ride the rides, David is pretty chill and does whatever, and Christian is only 8 weeks older than my little man. So we tried to let them play a lot, but my Bruiser is a bit wild while Christian is more reserved (read: GOOD). They had some really sweet moments, though. And I know it meant a lot to Gia to have both of her brother experience Disneyworld with her. She is AN AMAZING big

So I know I'm waaaay late to the party, my bad. I love when I find a good trip report with many pages for me to binge read popcorn::

But I already had to stop and comment because I think it's just incredible you planned this trip with your step daughters mother and family too. :grouphug:
My partner has an 8 year old son and it means so much to him when my partner and I can spend time with him and his mother and step father too. He loves it so much he's started calling us on evenings he spends at his mom's to ask us to come over and hang out. Before my partner and I got together, he had a civil but strained relationship with his ex and they avoided seeing each other as much as they could. I made an effort to reach out to her and I'm glad I did. On Christmas Eve, his son stayed with us but I still took him to his mom's house and we hung out with his mom and little brother all day. He still asks when we can do it again. A trip like this to Disney would be so magical for him. We're planning a trip to WDW in 2021 and I'm hoping our relationship can improve even more to where my partner can feel comfortable inviting her and her husband to join us too

It's all about the child's happiness and you really made that a priority. It's an amazing thing when a child has four parents who love and care about them so deeply.

Thank you :)
Having grandkids is simply the best isn’t it! We get to spoil them without all the added responsibility and sleepless nights :goodvibes

I totally agree. I had JP Friday night. I got lots of snuggles.

If I remember correctly, we had to wait forever to get into CReef as well. I wonder if that's a consistent issue there.

Lovely time in The Seas!

I hop not. Dennis wants to go back in December since he hasn't been in years. Fingers crossed we have a better wait time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!